TMNT Leonardo Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This sculpt blows.

Sideshow wont post my comments because I am saying it is a HUGE letdown for me and im re considering this whole line. Whats up with that?!

:pfft:

a few changes to niens work

turtlese.jpg

This is how it should look! That looks very badass.

Reconsider it than, no one cares...your loss.

Tons of people care. So far I have only seen a handfull of people that actually dont have a problem with this crappy sculpt.

The face, swords, pose, and base look all wrong. Doesnt match the other 3. This is something alot of us were eagerly anticipating amd as you can see, almost everyone is dissapointed. Which sucks because this line was almost perfect.

Last edited:
No matter how I look at it, Leo looks out of place. It's like Leo was designed completely separately from the other three. :monkey2

Is that how he looked in the preview sketch?

The sketch looks better than the statue! The pose is ABOUT the same, but the arms are positioned better in the sketch.

Yeah I'm with you on the comments section of the product preview page. Posted twice (in no vulgar language) my dismay at this product and both times they censored it out.

Maybe they're in denial about it and want to make it look like everyone approves. They need to let some of the honest feedback in.

I joined this board to voice my complaints for this.

Leonardo is my favorite Turtle and I was so excited waiting for him to be revealed only for my dream to turn into a nightmare. I am so disappointed. What have they done? He looks horrendous. His face is all wrong. He looks like an old man who doesn't have teeth or he sucked on a basketful of lemons. He's not Leo at all. :(

I was so looking forward to him and now I don't know anymore if I want to buy him. Unless Sideshow fixes his face.

I joined this board to voice my complaints for this.

Leonardo is my favorite Turtle and I was so excited waiting for him to be revealed only for my dream to turn into a nightmare. I am so disappointed. What have they done? He looks horrendous. His face is all wrong. He looks like an old man who doesn't have teeth or he sucked on a basketful of lemons. He's not Leo at all. :(

I was so looking forward to him and now I don't know anymore if I want to buy him. Unless Sideshow fixes his face.

It`s supposed to be a Pizza eating Leo,sideshow confirmed this.

After staring at him a bit and reading other comments, I think I can put my finger on what feels off with Leo's face for me.

His "nose" or beak. With his mouth closed, it's not as pronounced as it is with others. I think they should have given some teeth similar to Donatello's, but not as opened. I was expecting Leo's mouth to be closed, actually, for a stoic look, but this doesn't strike me as too impressive.

I'm okay with the swords. They seem short, but really they shouldn't be too long if they're ninja blades. His left arm's position is definitely not as well placed as the sketch. The arm is further out on the sketch while the sculpt is more forward. Looks different, but still acceptable.

From the side, his neck does look like it's stretched forward too much, but he's meant to be facing straight on at the viewer, so okay.

I think most awkward of all are his feet. He looks like his ankles are at odd angles in order to hold onto that rooftop. Might look better in person, but the images look awkward to me.

He definitely doesn't come across as part of the set to me, I'll agree with others there.

And someone else mentioned it...his shell does look rather pristine compared to the others. Maybe that's because he spars with blades and they don't so he's taken less damage sparring with his brothers? ;) And Raph has a thrusting weapon, so no, less likely to cut at a shell.

I think just giving him a slightly opened mouth with teeth similar, but less visible, to Donatello would go a long way in bringing him to look like the fourth of a set. I'll hope they have a rework on it, but I suspect he'll wind up on my shelf as is.

Overall impression: :thud:

One more thing I noticed on LEO...is he standing on a dog house?!?

What roof is that small/pitched compared to a turtle standing on it? :slap

-Zoid

I had to sell these a couple years back. Big regret. They will always be my favorite TMNT collectible.

sq79xt.jpg

Back