Toys McCoy Indiana Jones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The franchise is so dead there's going to be a fifth. :whip:whip:whip:whip

:whip ?

That was a facetious post and you know it was. :lol As for, "Mutt Jones and the Disembowelment of a Proper Franchise," we'll have to wait and see. It might only add two brief shots from a defibrillator to an already dead body. :huh Fingers crossed though, that they take Indy out on a high note and restore all his former glory. :lol

That was a facetious post and you know it was. :lol As for, "Mutt Jones and the Disembowelment of a Proper Franchise," we'll have to wait and see. It might only add two brief shots from a defibrillator to an already dead body. :huh Fingers crossed though, that they take Indy out on a high note and restore all his former glory. :lol

Only in response to your melodramatic "killed the franchise" post. :D

I'm hoping that this fifth installment will focus on Indy and ONLY one other sidekick (if that's Mutt I'm OK with that)-- The part that dragged for me was having to see Indy with so many others (yes I know there were three others for a time in TLC and two others in TOD-- but I too like it best when Indy is solving/fighting/adventuring either by himself or just one other to play Robin to his Batman).

The toys McCoy Indy looks like the dude in the opening catacomb scene of last crusade when River Phoenix (young Indy)character tried to steal the cross of Coronado from him.

The toys McCoy Indy looks like the dude in the opening catacomb scene of last crusade when River Phoenix (young Indy)character tried to steal the cross of Coronado from him.

I never thought about it before, but he does kind of.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/3oG7uQ-P3cQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/3oG7uQ-P3cQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This is my comparison video. TM vs SS. I hope you guys enjoy it! Part II is still uploading and will be posted soon!

Last edited:
Well i got through 6 min this time.

Really SOCKS! The one thing you can't see. TM has some nice stuff-like the shirt. Overall it's SS by a long shot. SS when "fixed" it far above the TM at a fraction o fthe price.
Hey at least this time you did not drop him.

Well i got through 6 min this time.

Really SOCKS! The one thing you can't see. TM has some nice stuff-like the shirt. Overall it's SS by a long shot. SS when "fixed" it far above the TM at a fraction o fthe price.
Hey at least this time you did not drop him.

So your judging the figure by only watching 6 mins? There's another part too! I don't take your opinion for very much.

No, I could only get through 6 min. I watched your other vid and found it quite funny. I know you were not trying to be funny but when you kept dropping him it made me laugh. The TM was great at the time and is still very good but not compared to the SS. There are parts of the Tm that are better, like the shirt but not in whole IMO. Now the SS was a let down in the fact that almost all the great ones are bashed with other bodies and Mfishers belt/holster and Les, SmallStudio, Kuato... repaints and so on.
I also found it funny that you would give the shoes to TM because of the socks that no one can see. SS shoes kill the TM w/o a doubt. Now I like many others am using the Newline boots. People have swithed over to Shawns jacket and whip. But just based on the two figures standing side by side SS loosk better IMO.

Great review i actually enjoy them. Honestly as i have stated before if your going for screne accurate materials Indy needs to be custom peiced together. No toy company has accomplished this yet. If your going for quality of materials each has there positives and negatives as you point out. The sculpt on SS Indys shoes are more accurate then the TM Indy. I dont think just because the TM has socks it makes the shoes better.

Those socks are just another nice little thing the TM did. The SS does NOTHING special. It feels really cheap and slopily made. A huge dissapointment seeing that SS had done better things in the past. The TM is of much higher quality.

Now the SS was a let down in the fact that almost all the great ones are bashed with other bodies and Mfishers belt/holster and Les, SmallStudio, Kuato... repaints and so on.

Oh someone is giving shout outs!:chew

Those socks are just another nice little thing the TM did. The SS does NOTHING special. It feels really cheap and slopily made. A huge dissapointment seeing that SS had done better things in the past. The TM is of much higher quality.

The TM is better quality in some regards however not accurate by anymeans. As for the sculpting the SS shoes, hands, and head really are much more solid. I look forward to part 2 of the review.

Last edited:
Overall it's SS by a long shot. SS when "fixed" it far above the TM at a fraction o fthe price.

Yes, once you replace the shirt, jacket, pants, gun belt, holster, whip, body and repaint the head but I'm not so sure it's much cheaper after you do all that. :rolleyes:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/Xb_13R8ulTI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/Xb_13R8ulTI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Part II

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/Xb_13R8ulTI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/Xb_13R8ulTI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Part II
This is turning out ot be the battle of the century:lol You gave the sculpt to the Toys Mccoy...really:confused: The TM looks nothing like Ford i mean cmon.

This is turning out ot be the battle of the century:lol You gave the sculpt to the Toys Mccoy...really:confused: The TM looks nothing like Ford i mean cmon.

And the SS does? :rolleyes:

The SS sculpt looks terrible! It looks more like Santa Indy with that shiny face and rosey cheeks. And his eyes are so glazed over. He looks like he saw a ghost. I don't remember that look from the film. I always remembered Indy with the little smirk, that the TM has.

The TM sculpt just has so much more life in it.

And the SS does? :rolleyes:

The SS sculpt looks terrible! It looks more like Santa Indy with that shiny face and rosey cheeks. And his eyes are so glazed over. He looks like he saw a ghost. I don't remember that look from the film. I always remembered Indy with the little smirk, that the TM has.

The TM sculpt just has so much more life in it.

Those are paint issues not sculpt. Indy is a fantastic Ford sculpt.

Back