Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's getting there! I ordered some boots, I'll let you know when they get here. I just want to make sure they will work well for sizing and what not.

Hey trev, any chance of Simon before the New Year? I'm holding off on ordering longhaired Inara to get both at same time.

I'm trying! :) I'll work on Simon some this weekend, though I've got a lot going on at the moment. I'm really sorry it's taken so long.

Just a warning, I'll only ever have 1 mold of Long Hair Inara, (as the sculpt is irreparably damaged) so you might want to bite sooner. :) I'll be happy to cut your shipping if that's a concern. Once the mold wears out, I won't be able to cast her anymore.

Trev

Last edited:
Can you not make a decent new mold from one of your resins?
(Just curious about the casting process)

Cloudfilter- You know, I could do that, but she might get quite pinched. Every time you mold something it shrinks a bit, but unfortunately it's not in a uniform way. I can try, though, after I retire the first mold.

Thanks!
Trev

darn it. I need long haired Inara. But I want it shipped with Book, River, and Simon. I hope Trev gets the inspiration to finish up ol boring Simon Tam.

darn it. I need long haired Inara. But I want it shipped with Book, River, and Simon. I hope Trev gets the inspiration to finish up ol boring Simon Tam.

Don't worry, he will get Simon done. He's just really busy as he's stated. But he will never leave us hanging! I would assume after the holidays, but you never know.

Sorry it's taking so long. I've been stretching myself a bit thin on a few too many projects. :p

Jiminy- should have orders shipped by tomorrow or Wednesday! Thanks

Anzik- I'll do my best to get as much longevity out of the Inara mold as I can. There are some tricks to preventing the rubber from tearing in the mold.

dragonsleeper- I'm willing to send you out those three and get you Simon with reduced shipping later if you'd like. Book and River might be temporarily unavailable for a while too, pretty soon. I know you guys outside of the USA have to pay a bundle for shipping, so if that helps, I'm cool with it.

BG- thanks! I won't let you guys down, I'm just sorry you've had to be so patient to finish up the crew.
Trev

Trev, don't apologize! Jaysus, you've done us all this extraordinary favor, turning your talents to this project ... who among us, two years ago, would have imagined we'd have (soon) the entire crew of Serenity in 1/6? This has been an amazing shared project and the last thing you should do is feel guilty about it at this point.

Sorry it's taking so long. I've been stretching myself a bit thin on a few too many projects. :p

Jiminy- should have orders shipped by tomorrow or Wednesday! Thanks

Anzik- I'll do my best to get as much longevity out of the Inara mold as I can. There are some tricks to preventing the rubber from tearing in the mold.

dragonsleeper- I'm willing to send you out those three and get you Simon with reduced shipping later if you'd like. Book and River might be temporarily unavailable for a while too, pretty soon. I know you guys outside of the USA have to pay a bundle for shipping, so if that helps, I'm cool with it.

BG- thanks! I won't let you guys down, I'm just sorry you've had to be so patient to finish up the crew.
Trev

This is why Trev is ACES!

Trevor's honesty, integrity and quality have made it increasingly hard to work with other custom artist. Not because they are bad but they just don't rise to the standard of Mr Grove.

Oh wow...........

So last night I get a note from Nathan about meeting up today to exchange a very special gift from the Browncoat Freaks.

I could not have even imagined that you guys would go out of your way to build this incredible Mal figure and Serenity Cargo Bay base for ME. I'm so grateful, I can't even properly articulate it in words.

The work is SO beautiful...I'm about to clear out some space in one of my detolfs to have this baby displayed in my studio. I will treasure it always.

Thank you, THANK YOU to Anzik, Buffygirl, Cadaver202, Darthviper107, Marfmaster, Old Grandpa, Reinhardt, Silent Surfer, Sith Lord MacGuyver, and STShammgod (man, I hope I didn't forget anyone)

I'll post some photos later. This really does mean a LOT to me...

Oh, and talk about some major fuel for finishing up Simon! :D I'm also doing some work on an alternate Summer Glau, which could work for a different take on River. It's meant to look like her Terminator character, but it's kind of perfect for an action River!

You're great folks,
Trev

Back