Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow great job guys! I love the base...amazing Anzik!

To Trevor, I dunno how to thank you for doing these sculpts. But maybe I'll try to get some of the heads you are offering aside from firefly.

HPIM4244.jpg

Oh man, this is awesome! I was wishing I could see your face :rock

As I've said many times before, thank you so much for bringing so many of our favorite characters to life with your work. Your talent is only matched by your dedication to your fans :bow

Last edited:
Trev, it was more than a pleasure to be apart of this. But mostly we just wanted to say thank you! You have given us such a gift with our figures, you have no idea. You enjoy it!

Also, what kind of drink did you get at starbucks? :p I always get white chocolate Mocha.

Ahh, there you go, Nathan to the rescue, MUCH nicer shots.

BG- Cinnamon Dulce Latte'....;)

I love this piece, it's really something in person! Thanks again everyone. I'll see about getting that Simon wrapped up before this month is out. :) (I know, I know, it's not like you were pressuring me, but I certainly feel more inspired now)

Trev

So glad to see this happen. You totally deserve it. As so many have said, immeasurable thanks to you for sharing your talents and for being a part of this hobby and community. All the best to you, Trev!:clap

I *loved* firefly and I love that figure in his trunk!

Is that Trevor guy the same guy who sculpts some of the head pieces on the LOTR statues?

If so, my god, is he every young!!!! :clap

I *loved* firefly and I love that figure in his trunk!

Is that Trevor guy the same guy who sculpts some of the head pieces on the LOTR statues?

If so, my god, is he every young!!!! :clap

Yes, that is young Mr Grove, one of SSC's top talents and has made many an older, more seasoned sculptor weep, yet has still managed to remain humble and is an all around stand up guy.

ha! I've always been an old spirit, at heart, though.

Just rearranged my studio, and made a place for a podium for this piece. Man I can't wait to have it displayed in a case. This comes at a great time, as I had already intended to redo things in here.

Trev

That's just crazy young.

:exactly::exactly:
I thought the same thing. I've liked pretty much all the sculpts Trev has done the past few years for SSC and assumed he was a veteran sculptor with years of experience (never read up on his background). After seeing these recent pics of him, now I appreciate what an extremely talented guy he is.

:exactly::exactly:
I thought the same thing. I've liked pretty much all the sculpts Trev has done the past few years for SSC and assumed he was a veteran sculptor with years of experience (never read up on his background). After seeing these recent pics of him, now I appreciate what an extremely talented guy he is.

Age doesn't matter. If you got it, you got it!

I disagree. When I was in high school we had a rep from an art college come in and talk to us. What he said stuck with me. "I see a lot of talent here, but I'm going to tell you a fact. Talent is cheap. There's a lot of talent. What is rare is the ambition to do something with it."
Trevor has the talent AND the ambition to challenge himself.

Couldn't agree more. If not for my deep desire to paint for the company that makes the things I love most, I don't think my talent would have come so far. There's talent, and then there's experience resulting from ambition.

That said, if you don't have pride in your high degree of talent to start with, you're probably not going to take it very far.

Last edited:
I disagree. When I was in high school we had a rep from an art college come in and talk to us. What he said stuck with me. "I see a lot of talent here, but I'm going to tell you a fact. Talent is cheap. There's a lot of talent. What is rare is the ambition to do something with it."

I agree but would like to add sacrifice. You can't have it all in this world and something will have to give. Just my two cents.

Well, since we're detouring into a creative philosophy :D.....

I think there's a lot of truth in what that rep said, Anzik. True visionaries are very rare, and I'm most inspired by them, but talent is abundant. It's like one of my artist buddies once said, "you've got about 10,000 horrible drawings in you, get them out as soon as possible so you can start making the good ones." :)

Work ethic is tough. It takes sheer will to push something to completion sometimes. Especially the ones you care most about.

I definitely agree that sacrifice is essential, and nobody ever tells you that, you just start to discover it.

It's funny to admit, but I've actually never had any real confidence in my work, it's one reason I always have to work in private, I get really self conscious in studio settings, even when I'm with artists and friends I respect and admire...And while I know when I've done all I can with a piece, I never feel like I've *succeeded*, you know? I usually just feel ready to move onto chasing the next one. :)

okay...sorry to derail the Firefly thread more! But it's a good conversation.
Trev

Well said. "Ready to move on":exactly: Sometimes I'll even think I've kicked ass at something until I look at it a year later. That's why I'm super happy for a perfect opportunity to redo my own Jayne head when I paint the Jayne for Adam.

When I said "If you got it, you got it.", I meant the "it" as the combination of talent and ambition and passion. :) I had to clarify there.

Speaking of motivation, I am drained on this. The figures are proving much too tough for me to source all the materials. I'm always a day late and dollar short getting in on orders for the outfits. Still somewhere down on the waitlist for McGs stuff. I'm finding kit bashes of GI Joe figures much easier to actually complete, been focusing on those. Out of all the characters, Mal is the only one I have finished and I have all the heads......:(

I hear you. I am stuck on getting river and inara started. I just don't have the motivation to start there dresses. hopefully I can get them done soon.

Back