Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trevor's Firefly Sculpts

Marf I think yours is the shiniest one I've seen so far, followed closely by old Grandpa! Outstanding!!

:clap:clap

Hey Marf,
Love your Mal. I've got a set of boots on the way from Nathan also. Couldn't resist them after I saw a pix of them. As for your Mal. One little nit-pick. The belt buckle is supposed to be brass. You should rub yours down with a little gold Rub-n-Buff. Otherwise perfect.

Old Grandpa

Who painted up those boots Marf? Killer. :) Your Mal is what kick-started me into this mess! LOL

Shammy, check out the Nathan Fillion project and see the boots Silent Surfer painted up. Those are the ones the guys are shamelessly flaunting. :)

Oh so Surfer Painted those! :) Awesomeness! Trev's casting them, right?

Hey Marf,
Love your Mal. I've got a set of boots on the way from Nathan also. Couldn't resist them after I saw a pix of them. As for your Mal. One little nit-pick. The belt buckle is supposed to be brass. You should rub yours down with a little gold Rub-n-Buff. Otherwise perfect.

Old Grandpa

Hey OG, that has been bugging me since I got the belt actually. I've been meaning to fix it, just haven't got around to it. I was just going to paint it, but I'll have to look into this gold rub-n-buff you're suggesting :duff

Who painted up those boots Marf? Killer. :) Your Mal is what kick-started me into this mess! LOL

Thanks Sham, and sorry :lol SilentSurfer painted them up for me, and I believe he's willing to fit more boot orders into his painting schedule for any Firefly Freaks that want them :)

How do the boots attach? on the ball joints? Glue? How hard is it to fit the pants in there?

Sorry about the double post, but these are LONG overdue...
My crew so far....

shiny_01.jpg

shiny_02.jpg

shiny_03.jpg

Oh so Surfer Painted those! :) Awesomeness! Trev's casting them, right?

Yup!

How do the boots attach? on the ball joints? Glue? How hard is it to fit the pants in there?

Nathan drills the boots so that the TT legs (minus pegs and feet) and pants fit snugly in there.

Sorry about the double post, but these are LONG overdue...
My crew so far....

shiny_01.jpg

shiny_02.jpg

shiny_03.jpg

The crew looks incredible man, great work! :clap:clap:clap

These look awesome, guys!

Love the new boots, Marf! I also like the idea of Mal and House butting heads. We already know Mal doesn't always get along with doctors...
Trev

Got my painted Trev boots back from SS. They are a thing of beauty. I put them on my Mal, But they made him a hair taller. Now he's a little taller than Jayne. Before he was a little shorter. Looks like I'll have to do a little surgery on my TT legs.

Old Grandpa

OK, THAT .... is PERFECT ! STOP ! DON'T CHANGE A THING !!!! SERIOUSLY ! I only hope my Wash and Zoe turn out as well as your Mal did ! ( Need boots for Zoe, and RE5 Sheva boots are hard to come by )
JERMS !!!

Howdy all, obviously I am totally new here. Found this place because of this thread. Totally love Firefly!

I have come to 1/6 scale figures by a strange route. I'm a photographer and I was looking for a way to test out new ideas without needing to find models all the time and somewhere along the line I discoverd the world of highly detailed 1/6 scale figures. Over the past year I have been putting together a few figures and then this past weekend I found this forum and thread. I figured it would awesome to attempt to put together the crew of Firefly.

I already ordered a few heads from Trevor and hopefully I won't bother you all too much with questions. I have friend who thinks she can make some of the clothes so if that works out I'll post images. And I promise to post images of the crew as they come together.

If anyone wants to check out my photography feel free to go to my website: https://www.greenstphotography.com

Anyway I don't want to bore anyone anymore, I have enjoyed reviewing this thread and am in awe of the figures I have seen all of you put together.

It's funny Marf, it must be the camera lens differences, as I swear that your Mal head is wider than mine is. I think I need to put him on an older wider shoulder TT.

BTW thanks to everyone who helped me with the bashes so far!

He looks great, Marf. :clap

Thanks Nathan, your paint on Trevor's excellent boot sculpt was quite the cherry on top of a figure I already love.

These look awesome, guys!

Love the new boots, Marf! I also like the idea of Mal and House butting heads. We already know Mal doesn't always get along with doctors...
Trev

Thanks Trevor! I spend way too much time trying to "group" my collection, it's pretty diverse so the pairings are a little odd most of the time :lol

OK, THAT .... is PERFECT ! STOP ! DON'T CHANGE A THING !!!! SERIOUSLY ! I only hope my Wash and Zoe turn out as well as your Mal did ! ( Need boots for Zoe, and RE5 Sheva boots are hard to come by )
JERMS !!!

Well thank you very much kind sir! :duff

It's funny Marf, it must be the camera lens differences, as I swear that your Mal head is wider than mine is. I think I need to put him on an older wider shoulder TT.

BTW thanks to everyone who helped me with the bashes so far!

Hmmm, that's odd Sham, not sure why the head appears wider.

Which TT are you guys using?

Mine's on a regular TT.

Back