Ultron PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pic2.jpg

See the yellow splotch....thats completely unpainted polystone.

Got mine in today kinda meh about it. I have a paint chip around the eye so more light comes out when you turn on the light up feature. Also a few other paint issues. Gonna contact sideshow debating just asking for a refund.

Edit: Also dunno if its just lighting and pics but my light up feature looks really orange as appose to the shots i see hear with yellow and white colors in it.

It can't be fun working for Sideshow... All these calls and complaints, even if warranted, has to be a lot to take. We're actually lucky because if we tried to return 90% of these pieces back to Diamond, we'd be charged with restocking fees, or worse, they wouldn't be accepted at all. Believe me, I've been there as I was all but forced to keep pieces with far more imperfections than what we see in most threads.

It can't be fun working for Sideshow... All these calls and complaints, even if warranted, has to be a lot to take. We're actually lucky because if we tried to return 90% of these pieces back to Diamond, we'd be charged with restocking fees, or worse, they wouldn't be accepted at all. Believe me, I've been there as I was all but forced to keep pieces with far more imperfections than what we see in most threads.

No joke and the newsletter is not working (again) this week. :lol

Shenanigans I tells ya!

It can't be fun working for Sideshow... All these calls and complaints, even if warranted, has to be a lot to take.

And expensive for them too, no doubt.

Which is why you would think they would make better efforts towards a higher standard of QC. There surely has to come a point where it's just not worth getting their product made by the cheapest factory. And if they're close to being unable to cope with the volume of returns then maybe that should tell them something.

And you passed on the ARH Medusa! :slap
Ok no worries...

no.... I talked to SSC about her today. I have the EX on the WL which I'm pretty sure it will convert..... so I'm good. If it doesn't I will get the regular. Still have another $200 in points to use :eek:

no.... I talked to SSC about her today. I have the EX on the WL which I'm pretty sure it will convert..... so I'm good. If it doesn't I will get the regular. Still have another $200 in points to use :eek:

Right on!!
:clap

I will probably be the last to get one! :monkey2

I end up buying it after all. Used reward points for it. $125 for a bad paint job is okay with me........... I guess :eek:

You finally gave in? I agree the pose is great but the paint issue too much for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You finally gave in? I agree the pose is great but the paint issue too much for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yahhhhh I really wanted the Ultron bad so I can display it with my Cap & Red Skull PFs and I knew SSC probably wouldn't make another one of him. The sculpt is great & since I saved $200, I will used that money for a repaint. I will see how Aves turns out before I do anything though.

Right on!!
:clap

I will probably be the last to get one! :monkey2

yah probably *rolleyes* :p

I end up buying it after all. Used reward points for it. $125 for a bad paint job is okay with me........... I guess :eek:

dude that's hilarious! you are definitely a ssc freak! :rotfl

i just got mine today still sealed in box, too tired to open it right now. will take some photos later.

i just got mine today still sealed in box, too tired to open it right now. will take some photos later.

Too tired? :dunno
ahhhh...... ok

Damn it, why do I get mine last! :gah:
I wanted to send him over for paint up ASAP!!!

Too tired? :dunno
ahhhh...... ok

Damn it, why do I get mine last! :gah:
I wanted to send him over for paint up ASAP!!!

Wouldn't that be funny if I get mine before you do :lol

Im soooooooooo weak :(

A reply back from SSC

Just got an email back from Mike Tolentino and this is what he wrote. It looks like SSC has added a closeup pic with natural lighting on Ultron now. Hope they do this more often now on all there new statues:

Hi Jason the Great,
_
Thank you for your email.
_
I appreciate your concerns and value your opinions regarding the differences of the final product and the photos that were on the solicitation page.
_
I’m sorry to see that you had already cancelled your order based on one video and early photos that were posted on the forums. The video that I saw does indeed look like it the figure is a flat color. But the actual figure does have a nice chrome finish which captures light and surrounding colors amazingly. I have attached a photo that I took with my phone to this email and as you can see the abdomen color is more defined then in the posted video.
_
Our photo galleries are done by some of the best photographers in the business and the lighting they use can be very dramatic. Going forward we may begin to post pictures with more natural light that will provide a less dramatic effect on the statues.
_
However, please be assured that we will forward your feedback to our production team. Thank you for your input and for taking the time to contact us. I hope that you will continue to give Sideshow products a chance. We still stand behind all our products which is why we enable you to return the statues if you are not completely happy with it.
_
Thank you again and have a great day.
_
_
Best Regards,
_
Michael Tolentino_
Customer Service_Manager

Re: A reply back from SSC

Just got an email back from Mike Tolentino and this is what he wrote. It looks like SSC has added a closeup pic with natural lighting on Ultron now. Hope they do this more often now on all there new statues:

Hi Jason the Great,
_
Thank you for your email.
_
I appreciate your concerns and value your opinions regarding the differences of the final product and the photos that were on the solicitation page.
_
I’m sorry to see that you had already cancelled your order based on one video and early photos that were posted on the forums. The video that I saw does indeed look like it the figure is a flat color. But the actual figure does have a nice chrome finish which captures light and surrounding colors amazingly. I have attached a photo that I took with my phone to this email and as you can see the abdomen color is more defined then in the posted video.
_
Our photo galleries are done by some of the best photographers in the business and the lighting they use can be very dramatic. Going forward we may begin to post pictures with more natural light that will provide a less dramatic effect on the statues.
_
However, please be assured that we will forward your feedback to our production team. Thank you for your input and for taking the time to contact us. I hope that you will continue to give Sideshow products a chance. We still stand behind all our products which is why we enable you to return the statues if you are not completely happy with it.
_
Thank you again and have a great day.
_
_
Best Regards,
_
Michael Tolentino_
Customer Service_Manager

Jason the Great :lol:rotfl:mwaha:joy:woo

Back