VTS TOYS 1/6 WASTELAND RANGER - Furiosa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just did a little bit of comparing.

I'm going to make the bold claim that the likeness is there, but a lack of paint/modification of it will bring it up to speed. At least to an 85%.

Notably:

The proto has fuller lips; the production has the sculpt but they are not filled in to the edge.

The hairline is not sharp and defined on the production, the proto is; it also is much darker with a light drybrush, the final product is 100% a light color.

The eyes have too much pink in the sclera from the edge of the eyelid on the product, this narrows her eyes and removes the roundness. Likewise the eyes are greenish whereas the proto is bright blue, which pops much better.

The ears may have gotten a wee bit stretched out on the production model - some heat and maybe some scalpel work should be able to bring that back.

Some other interesting observations I noted were that the proto head and body colors do not match either. The head is much lighter and more peachy - the production is actually closer in tone.

I make you right on most of it. Be interesting to see a repaint by a pro. In this pic she also looks a bit like eleven from stranger things tv show.

1cc9db06c612b065cbd19da9998b4850.jpg

44fa7f01ed4fc0e7ab5cc4134139f51c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re not going to want to use that one. I bought a few when they first came out. Very, VERY skinny. If folks think the body she's on now is waif like, you’d hate that one.

Thanks for the advice....

Kit is going to get these in soon so has said he will get one out and compare the figure to some third party bodies so we can see the variations in skin tone against Phicen etc that might help us at least get an idea of what we are up against.
2e702cbceeef573f6221a7b404d792e0.jpg

Kit is going to get these in soon so has said he will get one out and compare the figure to some third party bodies so we can see the variations in skin tone against Phicen etc that might help us at least get an idea of what we are up against.
2e702cbceeef573f6221a7b404d792e0.jpg

Wow that’s really nice....good service.

Wow that’s really nice....good service.

Yep and it helps sell more third party bodies if they can identify a viable replacement too. Everyone wins (to a certain extent because VTS should have got it right to begin with but hey, it can be fun parts hunting sometimes)

32324233_903143899864693_6308847525172346880_n.jpg
I got some inquires about the height of Furioso, here’s a pic compare with TBLeague S17B seamless body and yes she is pretty short

Apart from that it is overall amazing quality figure

PS if u complaint about likeness, imo it’s as advertised

--- From Kit on Facebook

Damn that is short...

On a positive note...the head looks like it would be scale for the other body.

View attachment 408364
I got some inquires about the height of Furioso, here’s a pic compare with TBLeague S17B seamless body and yes she is pretty short

Apart from that it is overall amazing quality figure

PS if u complaint about likeness, imo it’s as advertised

--- From Kit on Facebook

That's very helpful

Looks like the pants will fit no problem. Shirt will be tight. Arm thickness will be much improved although I don't like the way the hands come together on the wrist on the S17B. She'll be as tall as Max... which is likely accurate to the intent on film.

Funny, the little doll has broader shoulders than that pale body. I think that S23B will be just about right.

Hoping for a couple more pics with it next to different skintones. The body is definetly being replaced now just gotta find the closest colour for the HS

Also, that "real world" picture of her fares a little better. It's funny how some figures either don't work with professional photography set ups and others look awful without them.

With some of the paint tricks I mentioned earlier I think we can salvage her.

I think the pants will be a bit small, and likely will need some talc to get in those thighs on the s23.

I have 3 other Phicen bodies, and they are all a pain to get the clothing on....in in those cases there is barely any clothing to deal with.

The color is my biggest concern right now.

Even the tan body is going to be too pale for the skin tone on the headsculpt.

I have never stained a Phicen body....would you use inks?

I’m guessing that there’s a metal armature underneath that Phicen body. It might be time to replace my Dremmel’s cutting disc before attempting to amputate it’s left arm. Then I’ll hope cutting it won’t tear the flesh material upwards through the bicep. Looking ahead, customizing this figure will be a challenge (for me, anyway).

I have never stained a Phicen body....would you use inks?

I have not worked with a Phicen but have dyed a couple HT 'rubber' bodies. Watered down acrylic paint should do it. Brush it on, let it set and wipe dry. obviously you can only go darker with each pass, so go slow.

You need wire cutters to snip of the steel skeleton forearm.

I’m guessing that there’s a metal armature underneath that Phicen body. It might be time to replace my Dremmel’s cutting disc before attempting to amputate it’s left arm. Then I’ll hope cutting it won’t tear the flesh material upwards through the bicep. Looking ahead, customizing this figure will be a challenge (for me, anyway).

Cut the rubber with an exacto first, then pull the arm rubber up and down to expose the metal; don't shred with a cutting disc immediately.

Having felt up some Phicen bodies I have (insert joke here). I think your best bet is to cut the skin up in the forearm wrist area, roll it back then cut the armature so you have a flap of skin remaining to fold over and give the amputee look.

I will definitely be attempting it, and will post a tutorial of what worked and what did not.

Now just hunting for a body on sale...

Cut the rubber with an exacto first, then pull the arm rubber up and down to expose the metal; don't shred with a cutting disc immediately.

Ah, okay. Great advice. Same with the wire cutters, Wor-Gar. I've also been looking at other spare body types over at Monkey Depot, but it's difficult gauging their heights. By the time Furiosa makes it to my front door, I'm hoping one or more of you experienced bashers have a fantastic model completed for inspiration!

Having felt up some Phicen bodies I have (insert joke here). I think your best bet is to cut the skin up in the forearm wrist area, roll it back then cut the armature so you have a flap of skin remaining to fold over and give the amputee look.

I will definitely be attempting it, and will post a tutorial of what worked and what did not.

Now just hunting for a body on sale...

What skin tone you thinking?

Going to start with tan. I really need to see the color in person. Wor says using acrylics will work for the coloring, although I may try inks, watered down.

The good news is , as Imperitor, she was pretty dirty most of the time, and any imperfections can be hidden with dirt and grime.

This should be a fun project. Am I upset the figure came out leas then stellar? Yes. But for 150, you couldn’t even come close to a custom Furiosa.

To have this as a starting point , we are all well ahead of the game.

Back