Walt Disney World and Disneyland(s) Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! For the opening morning of Wizarding World Hollywood, the park opened at 6:30am to a huge crowd of people.

USH04072016_0019.jpg

USH04072016_0022.jpg

A lone conductor appears and introduces some guests
USH04072016_0049.jpg

USH04072016_0064.jpg

USH04072016_0065.jpg

USH04072016_0077.jpg

USH04072016_0084.jpg

USH04072016_0085.jpg

USH04072016_0108.jpg

The crowd is asked to raise their wands (many of them got free wands for waiting over night)
USH04072016_0110.jpg

The empty Hogsmeade scene ahead was blocked by smoke
USH04072016_0115.jpg

And when the smoke disappeared, Hogsmeade was alive
USH04072016_0118.jpg

USH04072016_0133.jpg

And with that, the land was officially open
USH04072016_0137.jpg

USH04072016_0140.jpg

USH04072016_0143.jpg

USH04072016_0159.jpg

USH04072016_0163.jpg

Brief Disneyland report:

Half of the significant rides were closed.

hahaha that's a bummer. I hear that happening to people all the time but it has never happened to me... not like that any ways. It's pure bad luck.

In other news, NBCUniversal bought Dreamworks Animation... I wonder how long it takes before we see a Kung Fu Panda themed Lunar New Year in the parks?

hahaha that's a bummer. I hear that happening to people all the time but it has never happened to me... not like that any ways. It's pure bad luck.

I was there Sat-Tues.

Open weekend, closed weekdays - Matterhorn, Screamin'
Straight up closed: Jungle Cruise, Autopia, Rapids, the freaking monorail
Closed half the time I was there (as always) because it is the attraction with probably the worst maintenance I've ever seen: Indy

Also - Hyperspace Mountain was cool, but I'm glad it's temporary. I didn't think the SW theming added a lot, and the SFX got kind of annoying on repeat rides.

I was there Sat-Tues.

Closed half the time I was there (as always) because it is the attraction with probably the worst maintenance I've ever seen: Indy

Also - Hyperspace Mountain was cool, but I'm glad it's temporary. I didn't think the SW theming added a lot, and the SFX got kind of annoying on repeat rides.
Sorry to hear. Add to that all the attractions that are closed due to Star Wars land being constructed (Rivers of America, Disneyland Railroad, etc.).

Matterhorn and CA Screamin' closed on weekdays but open on weekends? WTF is going on?

I was there Sat-Tues.

So weird about the Matterhorn / Screamin' closures. But you know what opens TODAY? Autopia with new sponsorship by Honda. Jungle Cruise is reopening soon... they airlifted a fixed Elephant into it earlier this week.

Given this was our first Disney trip with our fifteen month old, we didn't go on a lot of rides together - lots of rider swaps.

So there were a lot of shots like this:

qXlQt9O.jpg

LOL! Smile bro... you're at Disneyland!

Did you get a chance to ride Toy Story Midway Mania at DCA? It's similar to the Buzz Lightyear ride but plays more like a videogame.

LOL! Smile bro... you're at Disneyland!

Did you get a chance to ride Toy Story Midway Mania at DCA? It's similar to the Buzz Lightyear ride but plays more like a videogame.

Oh, yeah. I've done TSMM probably like 50 times by now between WDW and DLR. I'm WAY better at it than Buzz. DLR's Buzz is better than WDW, due to the guns not being mounted, but for some reason I'm not very good at it - I think that's the reason for my blase expression. But I think my highest score ever is like 225K.

Midway though, I can usually get highest score of the day, as long as it's within a few hours of park opening. After that, some weirdo comes along and triples my score by unlocking all of those surprise bonuses etc. I'm good with most of the games but the alien ring toss is my jam. And two decades of hockey have given me forearms that allow me to get ridiculous on the final mine cart section - like 10-15x on the 5,000 targets. Finally, all those years of hard work have paid off!

Oh, yeah. I've done TSMM probably like 50 times by now between WDW and DLR. I'm WAY better at it than Buzz. DLR's Buzz is better than WDW, due to the guns not being mounted, but for some reason I'm not very good at it - I think that's the reason for my blase expression. But I think my highest score ever is like 225K.
A couple of times I've been on the ride when it stopped. Both times I was in a prime location for some easy scoring. A major glitch: you can still score points as long as you continually hit the same target. LOL! If you've ever wondered how people score 999,999+ ...that's how. :lol

Midway though, I can usually get highest score of the day, as long as it's within a few hours of park opening. After that, some weirdo comes along and triples my score by unlocking all of those surprise bonuses etc. I'm good with most of the games but the alien ring toss is my jam. And two decades of hockey have given me forearms that allow me to get ridiculous on the final mine cart section - like 10-15x on the 5,000 targets. Finally, all those years of hard work have paid off!
I like this ride so much more. Unlike the Buzz ride, when this one stops anywhere during the ride, you cannot accumulate points. The videogame structure of the ride was programmed to disallow it.
Watch the youtube vid that shows where all the high-scoring elements/targets are and you'll always have a very competitive score.
LOL at your last comment. :lol :hi5:

Dude same here. I just can't properly aim that buzz blaster for the life of me. And I don't like it if there are CHEATS. I want people to score proper because of super good aim.

Or maybe i'm just good at yanking a rope on Toy Story Midway Mania... errrrr......

So how true are the rumors that the Tower of Terror is being turned into a Guardians of the Galaxy ride?

The rumors are true that they're toying with it.. they've been running tests and all that. IF it happens, it could come as soon as next year.

I was actually talking with my wife about this the other day. I know they wouldn't want to close Everest, since it's now the biggest draw in the park (or tied, anyway).

But while some of the machinery for the Yeti is probably within the ride itself, couldn't they work on it off-site? They could just put a duplicate static Yeti (to save money on the dupe) with the strobes on the ride (which they do anyway) while actually working to fix him. Or even not as attractive but still functional, just remove the Yeti and work on it? At least then people would still have the coaster.

I read they're planning on adding another Yeti or two throughout the ride, to make up for the lack of "A" functionality. But when they're airing that Animal Kingdom special on (I think) the Discovery Channel 3 times a day, bragging that it's the most advanced animatronic ever, despite it not working correctly for years, it kind of reeks of false advertising.

The error occurred early on. The Yeti which weighs a ridicules amount, is attached to the foundation. In order to fix it they would have to totally redo the foundation, and the entire ride would have to be torn down....

The rumors were the movement of this thing literally cracked the support foundations......

I rode this in the first weeks... and I swear it move a crazy amount then....it was wild.

The might be able to add a lighter yeti somewhere else....but fixing it is out of the question...

Wow there was a lot of merchandise released at the parks yesterday.

Glassware of Stormtrooper and BB-8 for $12.99 sold at Galactic Grill. Chewbacca and Kylo Ren at Pizza Port.

New stuffed ewok Widdle.

R5-M4 droid factory for May 4.

Pins, tees, christmas ornaments that say May 4 and Revenge of the 5th.

Rogue One t-shirt

EndorExpress facebook page posted a lot of pics yesterday: https://www.facebook.com/EndorExpress/

I appreciated the theming at the food court in Tomorrowland.

Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling any of the adult options. So I went with the AT-AT Nuggets. Small favors, I had happen what happens 90% of the time in Disney parks - I asked for apples instead of fries, and my meal comes out with nuggets and fries and apples thrown on top.

For real though, Disney parks make some good chicken nuggets. Especially since mine had like four of five of those hanging-off pieces of fried breading.

Also food related : Our dinner plans one night got completely screwed up, on a first for me. It was the first time we'd ever seen a restaurant closed for "technical difficulties". Cafe Orleans was closed for an entire night and lunch the next day. I had been looking forward to it because I wanted that insanely gluttonous combo of the parmesan fries and a Monte Cristo.

Instead, we had to think of something elsewhere, and wound up at the Mexican restaurant in Frontierland. It started off well - nice atmosphere, good-sounding options. But the food was some overpriced bull ****. Literally the worst enchiladas I've ever had.

We were also let down food-wise by the Hungry Bear. We always like eating there and looking at the ducks playing around. The giant wall made us go elsewhere.

I appreciated the theming at the food court in Tomorrowland.

Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling any of the adult options. So I went with the AT-AT Nuggets. Small favors, I had happen what happens 90% of the time in Disney parks - I asked for apples instead of fries, and my meal comes out with nuggets and fries and apples thrown on top.

For real though, Disney parks make some good chicken nuggets. Especially since mine had like four of five of those hanging-off pieces of fried breading.

Also food related : Our dinner plans one night got completely screwed up, on a first for me. It was the first time we'd ever seen a restaurant closed for "technical difficulties". Cafe Orleans was closed for an entire night and lunch the next day. I had been looking forward to it because I wanted that insanely gluttonous combo of the parmesan fries and a Monte Cristo.

Instead, we had to think of something elsewhere, and wound up at the Mexican restaurant in Frontierland. It started off well - nice atmosphere, good-sounding options. But the food was some overpriced bull ****. Literally the worst enchiladas I've ever had.

We were also let down food-wise by the Hungry Bear. We always like eating there and looking at the ducks playing around. The giant wall made us go elsewhere.
Was the Mexican restaurant called Rancho del Zocalo?

DSC_3431-3435HDR.jpg

This is [was] the birthplace of Doritos in the 60's. LOL! Except the restaurant was called Casa de Fritos.

Sucks that Café Orleans was closed. Their Monte Cristo and fries (I prefer their garlic fries) are awesome!

Back