Walt Disney World and Disneyland(s) Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I appreciated the theming at the food court in Tomorrowland.

Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling any of the adult options. So I went with the AT-AT Nuggets. Small favors, I had happen what happens 90% of the time in Disney parks - I asked for apples instead of fries, and my meal comes out with nuggets and fries and apples thrown on top.

For real though, Disney parks make some good chicken nuggets. Especially since mine had like four of five of those hanging-off pieces of fried breading.

Also food related : Our dinner plans one night got completely screwed up, on a first for me. It was the first time we'd ever seen a restaurant closed for "technical difficulties". Cafe Orleans was closed for an entire night and lunch the next day. I had been looking forward to it because I wanted that insanely gluttonous combo of the parmesan fries and a Monte Cristo.

Instead, we had to think of something elsewhere, and wound up at the Mexican restaurant in Frontierland. It started off well - nice atmosphere, good-sounding options. But the food was some overpriced bull ****. Literally the worst enchiladas I've ever had.

We were also let down food-wise by the Hungry Bear. We always like eating there and looking at the ducks playing around. The giant wall made us go elsewhere.

Bummer about your experiences.... Cafe Orleans is usually fully booked though so I suggest making a reservation next time. It's not a place that normally takes walk-ups. (but maybe on a weekday).

Yeah, Rancho del Zocalo is NOT good. I do like their Cinnamon Chips though.

Was the Mexican restaurant called Rancho del Zocalo?

Sucks that Café Orleans was closed. Their Monte Cristo and fries (I prefer their garlic fries) are awesome!

Yep, that's the place.

I think we're talking about the same fries, though - I'm pretty sure they're garlic parmesan. And so freaking good.

Bummer about your experiences.... Cafe Orleans is usually fully booked though so I suggest making a reservation next time. It's not a place that normally takes walk-ups. (but maybe on a weekday).

Yeah, Rancho del Zocalo is NOT good. I do like their Cinnamon Chips though.

We did have a reservation there. We're definitely not foolish enough to go to any non-counter service Disney restaurant without one. But when we showed up for our reservation, that's when they told us the restaurant was closed. But they were kind enough to tell us that we wouldn't be charged our deposit as a no-show.

Is the Mexican restaurant in DCA comparable / better / worse? We were originally going to there for lunch the next day, but went elsewhere since we went here. I'd be sort of sad to know it's better, but at the same time it'd be nice to know it's worth checking out in the future.

We don't have good luck with Disney fast Mexican places, it seems. The DLR one sucked, and the one in Epcot was mediocre at best.

Yep, that's the place.

I think we're talking about the same fries, though - I'm pretty sure they're garlic parmesan. And so freaking good.
Yes sir! Damn good fries.

Is the Mexican restaurant in DCA comparable / better / worse? We were originally going to there for lunch the next day, but went elsewhere since we went here. I'd be sort of sad to know it's better, but at the same time it'd be nice to know it's worth checking out in the future.

We don't have good luck with Disney fast Mexican places, it seems. The DLR one sucked, and the one in Epcot was mediocre at best.
If you're talking about the one at the pier, Cocina Cucamonga, they're comparable. So you're not really missing out on anything. But then again, we're talking about 'taste' and taste is very subjective. I do think I know what you're looking for, however. That authentic Mexican taste that can usually only be had from a Mom and Pop hole-in-the-wall place. LOL! You won't find that taste at Disney. Sorry.

Next time, just have a Dole Whip and a churro and spend the rest of the day on the rides and shopping. Disney is really good with their desserts! :)

Yes sir! Damn good fries.

If you're talking about the one at the pier, Cocina Cucamonga, they're comparable. So you're not really missing out on anything. But then again, we're talking about 'taste' and taste is very subjective. I do think I know what you're looking for, however. That authentic Mexican taste that can usually only be had from a Mom and Pop hole-in-the-wall place. LOL! You won't find that taste at Disney. Sorry.

Next time, just have a Dole Whip and a churro and spend the rest of the day on the rides and shopping. Disney is really good with their desserts! :)

Yeah, that's the one I meant. I'm glad we would have missed out whichever one we went to. I love cheap, Americanized Mexican food, so long as it's done well (for whatever level of dining we're talking about). So I'm not worried about authenticity. Just give me cheap crap done well and I'm happy. Unfortunately the Disney stuff isn't done well, and - obviously - it isn't cheap.

And don't worry, I'm fully on that Dole Whip level. I actually asked my wife, annoyed, why the stand didn't open until 10. I don't see a problem with eating it for breakfast - it's fruit.

For those with a spare two minutes to kill, my Best Snacks in WDW manifesto:

https://dietcokebabies.com/2009/01/14/the-best-snacks-in-disney-world/

We did have a reservation there. We're definitely not foolish enough to go to any non-counter service Disney restaurant without one. But when we showed up for our reservation, that's when they told us the restaurant was closed. But they were kind enough to tell us that we wouldn't be charged our deposit as a no-show.

Oh God... I would have been PISSED. Fuming. You made a reservation and then NOTHING? That's a cause for some free Disney meal vouchers for the trouble at the very LEAST. I would be calling up a storm.

I haven't been to the DCA mexican place in forever but living in Los Angeles, there's so much good Mexican food that I don't ever think for one second to dine at either of those locations.

What's really sad is that they closed my favorite spot in DCA: Paradise Garden Grill. The mediterannean skewers I thought was the best quick serve meal in the entire park and now it's gone.

Hot fudge holy moly. Have you guys been following the Shanghai Disneyland news and updates? They've soft opened for cast members and family and some of the stuff look really really cool.

TRON coaster (short but cool)

Pirates of the Caribbean (Ride based on Movie based on Ride) - so annoyed by the camera guy and his cries of joy throughout and also the other riders taking flash pictures.

Does anyone know how much longer they will have those bb-8 sipper cups at Disney world? I'm going in November!
Thanks!

Hot fudge holy moly. Have you guys been following the Shanghai Disneyland news and updates? They've soft opened for cast members and family and some of the stuff look really really cool.

TRON coaster (short but cool)

Pirates of the Caribbean (Ride based on Movie based on Ride) - so annoyed by the camera guy and his cries of joy throughout and also the other riders taking flash pictures.

Disney should focus on holding up WDW and DL.....which are suffering from cutbacks and long lines.....

Disney should focus on holding up WDW and DL.....which are suffering from cutbacks and long lines.....

2016:
Disneyland: new Frozen musical production, Soarin Over the Horizon (Luigi's Rollickin' Racers already opened this year)
Walt Disney World: Disney Springs opened this weekend, Frozen ride and new Soarin opens in Epcot, new night time show at Animal Kingdom

Future:
Disneyland: Marvel Mini Land rumored, Star Wars Land under construction
Walt Disney World: Avatar Land opens next year, Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land under construction

They should be focusing on all their resorts. Regarding cutbacks... I've heard about this and hoping it's only temporary.

We're at Disney now. Went to Hollywood Studios yesterday, and Epcot today. Pretty exhausting, but we're trying to fit in as much as we can. Highlight for me so far might be the Three Caballeros ride! Maybe it's just because my daughter loved it so much, though. The alternate Star Tours are pretty cool. And Toy Story Mania was fun as hell.

We're at Disney now. Went to Hollywood Studios yesterday, and Epcot today. Pretty exhausting, but we're trying to fit in as much as we can. Highlight for me so far might be the Three Caballeros ride! Maybe it's just because my daughter loved it so much, though. The alternate Star Tours are pretty cool. And Toy Story Mania was fun as hell.

Gran Fiesta Tour IS fun, and I'm a grown man. It's even better now that they added animatronics of the three birds.

Star Tours and Midway Mania are also fun new classics.

How bad did your forearm feel towards the end of the ride? haha..I am usually yelling cause its hurting to bad from firing so quickly

Did your daughter try It's a Small World ride as well? If not, she'll love that. The only issue... the song stays in your head. :lol

Did your daughter try It's a Small World ride as well? If not, she'll love that. The only issue... the song stays in your head. :lol

Especially if they are loading someone that is handicap or the ride breaks...and you sit there for 15 minutes in one place with the song playing.. I contemplated going overboard and swimming for freedom once.

Back