War Machine 1:1 Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The eyes look much too small. Almost half the thickness of the eyes in the movie pics. It looks like he is squinting. The chin looks too big, too. The gun looks like almost half the size, at least 30% smaller. The movie pics show the armor much more battle damaged. The dark gray in the movie pics is MUCH darker, almost a charcoal gray. The slot like shapes in his forehead look a bit too small, too, although the lighting difference makes it look more than it is. The sweeping recessed section on the side of his head starting at his temples is at least twice as deep as it should be, and it is missing detail, specifically, the lines that show that there are many pieces of metal fitting together there. The recessed U shaped section on the ear pieces isn't large enough, at least 25% too small, and it isn't deep enough, either, about twice as shallow as it should be.

Last edited:
Sorry, when I say "shoulder compartments" I don't mean the shoulder bells, I meant those tall, square deals like where the ex-wife compartment is.

So, trying not to talk myself out of getting this WM bust. The more I look at him, the more I don't think it looks like the movie version. The reason that Blackthornone has mentioned are some of my concerns as well. Looks off compared to the maquette as well.

Um, isn't this made in conjunction with Legacy studios? Meaning that it's as close to movie accurate as we're going to get from a 1:1? For those of you who know, can you tell me if practical suits were made for War Machine? I remember hearing that everything waist-down was CG, but I thought that they actually had helmets/chest armor.

wow, I don't think anyone ever thought they would add the gun to this. It might not be the completely 1:1 scale and the paint app does seem to be a little on the light side, but it does look hella bad ass. This has some great potential, but everyone knows the IM line is cursed.

Another thing that concerns me is that if I'm not mistaken, War Machine's head is wider than Iron Man's. If so, and if they used the tooling for the Iron Man bust to make this bust, at least in part as I suspect, the head of this bust is not wide enough. It looks like it might not be wide enough, but it's hard to tell from just one picture. The part that needs to be wider of course, is the earpiece to earpiece dimension.

So, trying not to talk myself out of getting this WM bust. The more I look at him, the more I don't think it looks like the movie version. The reason that Blackthornone has mentioned are some of my concerns as well. Looks off compared to the maquette as well.

Guys, this bust was designed by Legacy, the SAME guys who designed WM in the movies. It's probably made from a casting from the lifesize from the movie prop. How could this not be movie-accurate? I can only think of the CG effects playing a large part in altering the visual aspects of WM in the movie, which makes it seem more streamlined. Other than that this is it folks. I'm getting one.

wow, I don't think anyone ever thought they would add the gun to this. It might not be the completely 1:1 scale and the paint app does seem to be a little on the light side, but it does look hella bad ass. This has some great potential, but everyone knows the IM line is cursed.

True, it is mostly a symbolic gun. If it were done accurately, the gun would cost more to make than the helmet, considering it's size. It would be at least a $1500-$2000 bust.

I'm very excited to see that they went with the Machine Gun, although it brings into question 1:1s before that had not additional parts like Boba's jetpack...

This is why I passed on both maquettes because they've already confirmed this is coming. If this is $600-$800, I'll get it especially because I'll have to Flex it. If it's higher than that they can ______ me. Considering their previous 1:1 busts and how much trouble they've had it'd be tremendously ballsy and while I live my first one, there are folks making damn good customs of a wearable, light up helmet on a torso'd base that looks similar to SSC's for much cheaper with much more TLC.

Interested in seeing the full reveal next week but I'm not really holding my breath.

I'm very excited to see that they went with the Machine Gun, although it brings into question 1:1s before that had not additional parts like Boba's jetpack...

This is why I passed on both maquettes because they've already confirmed this is coming. If this is $600-$800, I'll get it especially because I'll have to Flex it. If it's higher than that they can ______ me. Considering their previous 1:1 busts and how much trouble they've had it'd be tremendously ballsy and while I live my first one, there are folks making damn good customs of a wearable, light up helmet on a torso'd base that looks similar to SSC's for much cheaper with much more TLC.

Interested in seeing the full reveal next week but I'm not really holding my breath.

There is no way this is $600. $700 would surprise me, the way SS prices things. $800- $100 is most likely.
I agree on a wearable helmet. If a helmet is 1:1, it basically NEEDS to be wearable IMO, because that's one of the coolest things about having a 1:1 piece. If it's a helmet, you can wear it, or if it's a gun, a knife, or a sword, you can wield it in your hand. Obviously you can't make a 1:1 human face bust wearable, but a helmet, absolutely! This helmet bust should be made of die cast metal pieces, cast in brass, maybe, and made so that the visor slides up. Now THAT would be a must have piece! It wouldn't be made of anything strong enough to be played with, or even made out of plastic would be ok, but a heavy 1:1 helmet of polystone I can't wear is of no interest at all to me.

Guys, this bust was designed by Legacy, the SAME guys who designed WM in the movies. It's probably made from a casting from the lifesize from the movie prop. How could this not be movie-accurate? I can only think of the CG effects playing a large part in altering the visual aspects of WM in the movie, which makes it seem more streamlined. Other than that this is it folks. I'm getting one.

I'm going to give a fair chance and look at all the promo pics when Sideshow does the full reveal. I'm pretty sure that it's just the angle of this photo, but if all goes well I'm in line with the rest of you guys.

I agree on a wearable helmet. If a helmet is 1:1, it basically NEEDS to be wearable IMO, because that's one of the coolest things about having a 1:1 piece.

I agree about the 1:1 but it isn't going to happen. That isn't SSC's game. It'll be exactly like in Iron Man 1:1 busts and I'm not expecting anymore. I'll definitely be scoping out the ADs next week.

Back