War Machine Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
detolfShelf30lbsB.jpg

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

You = :viking

I have terrible luck, so I just moved him to the bottom - really bummed b/c I hate him down there but since I have the wires running through the top he can't sit properly up there *sigh*

I do now thanks to you, Barbarian!
:hi5:
WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

You = :viking

I have terrible luck, so I just moved him to the bottom - really bummed b/c I hate him down there but since I have the wires running through the top he can't sit properly up there *sigh*
Okay, so he weighs 15 lbs., right? I put 30 lbs. on there without any glass bending. I'm not trying to talk you into it or anything. Crom forbid someone's shelf actually does break and they come after Barbarian for a replacement WM! :lol
Don't make me put another 5-10 lbs on there! I'll do it! ...so help me!

:hi5:

Okay, so he weighs 15 lbs., right? I put 30 lbs. on there without any glass bending. I'm not trying to talk you into it or anything. Crom forbid someone's shelf actually does break and they come after Barbarian for a replacement WM! :lol
Don't make me put another 5-10 lbs on there! I'll do it! ...so help me!

:lol

The figure of 13 lbs was from 3 different forums I found via Google, IKEA itself didn't have any information of a weight maximum. Tomorrow when I have more time I will research further to see if I can find where this 13 lb figure originated from.

Till then WM will have to sit in the basement of the Detolf :slap

:lol

The figure of 13 lbs was from 3 different forums I found via Google, IKEA itself didn't have any information of a weight maximum. Tomorrow when I have more time I will research further to see if I can find where this 13 lb figure originated from.

Till then WM will have to sit in the basement of the Detolf :slap
The 13 lb weight limit comes directly from the IKEA website. Personally, I think that is a wussy guess as to how much it will hold. They probably just don't want to be held responsible in case some sort of defective breakage does happen.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10119206

I have had soooo many pieces that weighed more than that displayed on the shelves over many years. They are tough. I have been collecting for over 10 years now, and I have yet to hear about a broken Detolf shelf that wasn't improperly built. There was a case a few years back on SF where a fellow collector was freaking out saying how crappy the Detolfs were and posted pictures of his damage. The funny thing was that these pictures were the proof that they were built WRONG! :lol The metal supports were installed backwards creating a loose gap that allowed the glass shelves to slip through, fall and break, along with the statues being displayed upon them. Man, was that guy ever pissed off at his dad that built them for him! :rotfl Oh, wait. I guess that's not funny.

The 13 lb weight limit comes directly from the IKEA website. Personally, I think that is a wussy guess as to how much it will hold. They probably just don't want to be held responsible in case some sort of defective breakage does happen.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10119206

I have had soooo many pieces that weighed more than that displayed on the shelves over many years. They are tough. I have been collecting for over 10 years now, and I have yet to hear about a broken Detolf shelf that wasn't improperly built. There was a case a few years back on SF where a fellow collector was freaking out saying how crappy the Detolfs were and posted pictures of his damage. The funny thing was that these pictures were the proof that they were built WRONG! :lol The metal supports were installed backwards creating a loose gap that allowed the glass shelves to slip through, fall and break, along with the statues being displayed upon them. Man, was that guy ever pissed off at his dad that built them for him! :rotfl Oh, wait. I guess that's not funny.

Good find & I do agree with you, it probably is a low estimate as a fail safe to cover their butts.

Wish it never crossed my mind b/c if I put him back up on glass I'll always fear him falling through it :lol Better safe than sorry I guess, plus it will be better by Thursday when I have 2 other figures to put on the shelves above him instead of empty space :rotfl

I love Bestas. I have one of the biggies, but I use the glass shelves. I have Lurtz and Legolas PFs on one and Conan - The Prize and Kratos on another. They're tough!

Wish I liked Bestas, but something about them turned me off when I looked at them at IKEA. Not only that but they weren't cheap! The glass door ones were way nicer imo. :dunno

Back