War Machine Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would not feel safe with WM on the glass Detolf shelf. I put him on the bottom of my Detolf. I am thinking on putting the IM mark IV on the glass above WM, but the weight worries me.

Anyone have their Mark IV Marquette on the glass Detolf shelf?
I think the classic IM comi weighs more (maybe I'm wrong), and mine has been on a Detolf shelf for a long time now. No problems. No worries.
Well, after a bit of Googling I have come across a few forums that claim that the weight limit of a Detolf glass shelf is approx 13lbs. Since War Machine weighs 15 lbs I'm going to move him to a safer location ;)
Wussy! :mad:
Whomever says the limit is 13 lbs. is a damn liar! I have tested it with much greater weight. In fact I am about to sacrifice a shelf and put some iron weights on it to see how much it can handle.

Ugh, I really don't want to move him :lol

If it is true the weight limit of 1 glass Detolf shelf is approx 13 lbs, then wouldn't having 2 glass shelves be sufficient for a 15lb piece? :monkey1

Anyone good at math here? :monkey3:panic:

Worst case scenario I'll just order double thickness shelves from the local glass shop. They are very inexpensive

Well I think it's not the glass but the thing that hold the glass that may break since it's too damn thin. How about buying some bestas?

I can't wait for tomorrow but sadly I most likely will miss the delivery since nobody will be at home until 3:30 pm :(

I think the classic IM comi weighs more (maybe I'm wrong), and mine has been on a Detolf shelf for a long time now. No problems. No worries.

Wussy! :mad:
Whomever says the limit is 13 lbs. is a damn liar! I have tested it with much greater weight. In fact I am about to sacrifice a shelf and put some iron weights on it to see how much it can handle.

:lol How much does it weigh?

Well I think it's not the glass but the thing that hold the glass that may break since it's too damn thin. How about buying some bestas?

Great point. The joints holding the shelves I didn't think of that :( As for Besta's...I personally don't like them :monkey1

As for the welds on a Detolf, I wouldn't believe a group of four support welds would break before any piece of glass. I haven't ever personally heard of that happening... yet.

For real? 20 p??? I am afraid to put even 15, that is why I put all the lady inside only, I need to change the position!!

detolfShelf30lbsB.jpg

Last edited:
Back