War Machine Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I'm just going to be up front & admit I have no idea how that clamp would add support :lol

I mean, I understand it would prevent the shelf from sliding. My concern was the sheer weight of the piece being too much for the glass to handle. Would clamps like that actually make the glass sturdier? :monkey1
The clamp is used to assist in the support of the horizontal rods that support the glass. You clamp them to the vertical rods just underneath of the horizontal rods. I haven't used them myself, but got this advice from a fellow collector a while back. If the glass is your only concern, simply adding another shelf should help ease your mind. :)

The clamp is used to assist in the support of the horizontal rods that support the glass. You clamp them to the vertical rods just underneath of the horizontal rods. I haven't used them myself, but got this advice from a fellow collector a while back. If the glass is your only concern, simply adding another shelf should help ease your mind. :)

Interesting. I'll be in Home Depot tomorrow I might have to look into them, ty for the advice ;)

FedEx drove War Machine threw Rochester, NY to Syracuse, NY and now it has to come back to Rochester!

Damn you FedEx!
WTFDavidCross.gif

angryKick.gif

Took a few pics at night in the dark with just the War Machine & Dioder lights on & I think this turned out decent for my poopy camera :lol

016-1.jpg

I thought wm is too heavy for Detolf? Did you just put 2 glass shelve on the botton?

His weight crossed my mind too. I had him sitting on just 1 glass shelf all day and it seemed fine.

After talking to another member about it, I decided to add the second glass shelf beneath him for support and also put my last Dioder strip behind him :)

Ok I'm just going to be up front & admit I have no idea how that clamp would add support :lol

I mean, I understand it would prevent the shelf from sliding. My concern was the sheer weight of the piece being too much for the glass to handle. Would clamps like that actually make the glass sturdier? :monkey1

I would not feel safe with WM on the glass Detolf shelf. I put him on the bottom of my Detolf. I am thinking on putting the IM mark IV on the glass above WM, but the weight worries me.

Anyone have their Mark IV Marquette on the glass Detolf shelf?

I would not feel safe with WM on the glass Detolf shelf. I put him on the bottom of my Detolf. I am thinking on putting the IM mark IV on the glass above WM, but the weight worries me.

Anyone have their Mark IV Marquette on the glass Detolf shelf?

Oh yeah, this WM is Fraken EPIC!

Well, after a bit of Googling I have come across a few forums that claim that the weight limit of a Detolf glass shelf is approx 13lbs. Since War Machine weighs 15 lbs I'm going to move him to a safer location ;)

Good call!

Ugh, I really don't want to move him :lol

If it is true the weight limit of 1 glass Detolf shelf is approx 13 lbs, then wouldn't having 2 glass shelves be sufficient for a 15lb piece? :monkey1

Anyone good at math here? :monkey3:panic:

Worst case scenario I'll just order double thickness shelves from the local glass shop. They are very inexpensive

I will put him some place saver, I know he looks good in the Detolf, but I still going to put him somewhere else

Back