WATCHMEN Movie Discussion (SPOILERS allowed)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! The edges look weird in the pic because there are no edges. They are cut there so it will fit over the iPhone neatly and without wrinkles. Because the phone is black behind it I guess it gives the impression that those corners are part of the design... but they're not.

Ah, I see now. Not much you could do about that.

Looks groovy.

GroundFloor.jpg

:rock :rock :rock :rock

I did that same thing in this music video thing I made. Even though they wont, I wish they'd do that for the movie.

I luuuvvv it. Makes me feel warm and cuddly inside :angelsmil :angelsmil :angelsmil

Time to frame my cards! They are great, too

Comments on the running time--not yet approved, but getting shorter:

"We're getting really close," producer Deborah Snyder said in a telephone interview on Nov. 18. "We're at two hours and 35 minutes."

Director Zack Snyder added: "The movie's pretty long ... compared to 300, which was an hour and 58 minutes. The director's cut [of Watchmen] is about three hours and 10 minutes long. It has even more than the theatrical version as far as the detail that gets even closer to the graphic novel."

I would be perfectly happy to sit in the theater for 3 hours and 10 minutes.

Snyder should really keep his mouth shut about the original running time or any more cuts to the current movie length. He's doing nothing but inviting ire and vitriol from fans who think a shorter Watchmen film couldn't possibly encompass the entire story.

I too, would be perfectly A-okay about watching a 3-hour Watchmen flick, but I doubt the uninitiated audiences feel the same way.

:lol Fat chance. Warner Bros. will have the domestic home video rights. There will be at least two releases.

After LOTR DVDs are becoming so much more essential anyway - that is usually why I don't see a movie more than once in the theatre anymore.

Lots of cool new items solicited in the new Diamond Previews, including movie-based Dave Gibbons art!!!:

WATCHMEN: The Art of Dave Gibbons Limited Edition Posters

Based on the artwork of Dave Gibbons, these six Watchmen limited edition posters are exclusive to comic shops and are certain to become highly saught-after fan favorites!

SRP: $5.99/ea
Feb/March

WATCHMEN: The Art of Dave Gibbons Thermal Coffee Mug

Based on the artwork of Dave Gibbons, these Watchmen thermal mugs are a fun way for any fan of the film to hold their favorite beverage! The characters go from black and white to color when hot liquid is added. Also the classic phrase 'Who Watches the Watchmen' appears scrawled on the mug with warm liquid.

SRP: $14.99
Feb/March

WATCHMEN: The Art of Dave Gibbons 20-Month 2009-2010 Hardcover Calendar

A must-have for any Watchmen fan, this collectible Watchmen hardcover 2009-2010 (20 month) calendar features Dave Gibbons' artwork of the characters from the upcoming film!

SRP: $9.99
Feb/March

WATCHMEN: The Art of Dave Gibbons Bookmark Set

Featuring characters such as Dr. Manhattan, Ozymandias, the Comedian, and Rorschach, this decorative bookmark set features artwork by Dave Gibbons from the Watchmen movie.

SRP: $19.99
Feb/March

"Under The Hood" Hardcover Journal

Exclusive to comic shops, this hardcover journal replicates the look of Under the Hood, the autobiography of the first Nite Owl, Hollis Mason, from the upcoming film Watchmen! The interior pages features stylized watermarked artwork of Archie, the second Nite Owl's transport, in flight.

SRP: $11.99
Released February/March

Looks like I'll definitely be picking up the posters and calendar, possibly all of it!

Can you buy stock in Dave Gibbons? .

Actually, I think I just did. :google

:lol

I ordered a full lot of the posters and I'll be selling them for $4.50 each or $25 for a full set of 6 when they're released in Feb/March. :lecture

(And I get to keep that nifty display :rock)

It dawned on me that I might already be amassing a good amount of WATCHMEN Wall-Art:

n545970106_5005069_1133.jpg

n545970106_5005068_5669.jpg

n545970106_5005066_148.jpg

And this doesn't even include the 18 prints that are inside that Gibbons Portfolio! :google

Back