Statue Weta Announces Barad-Dur

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ouch..............

So with that said, you saw thing thing in person how big is it?

Its gonna be something people really have to decide if they want it. I have $180 in Weta dollars to use so whatever the cost is I'll be able to take off of it.

Its base looked to be at least as big as Rivendell (so at least 18" wide and 12" deep) and quiet a bit taller than Orthanc (which is 16" tall). I'm thinking it will be at least as wide as Rivendell and height wise I think its like like 24" tall. It really felt like it dwarfed Orthanc which is a big piece.

Hopefully they'll see how many they sell in a day or two then announce an edition size later like SS does - used to do?
It's the one day this month i'm working a late and it HAS to be that day doesn't it!!
Maybe they'll still be aavailable when i finish at 11pm, 2 hours after pre-orders start...

I think you'll be ok just because this will be the most expensive piece they've made. That should enable people who want to jump now to get one.

Before we overprice ourselves out, remember it is made of plastic! The base is way too big but the sculpt is superb. I hate the base but it will be less of worry for me because of earthquakes... less likely to topple over.

Yeah, but we have to look at what's out there and make a call. Besides its fun to talk about. I personally like the base as it adds to the feel of the piece but it also adds the the price.

Weta posted on S&F that this is due to ship in Dec/Jan. Personally hoping for January.

Yeah me too. I hope it's January coz Dec will be a pretty expensive month with the holidays and all. I'm hoping it's not too expensive. So many nice statues coming out around that time. My savings will be depleted. :slap

Yeah, it's a rough time for sure between all of that. It's gonna be another wild ride into the end of the year.

8 hours and counting! :panic: I've got about a 100 weta dollars to use. I think I'll use them on this instead of getting a cheaper/smaller item for free. :dunno

Ya know the more I think of it the weirder it is that Weta is doing this piece the old way, one run, numbered. I didnt think sales of Bag End, Orthanc or Rivendell OEs were slow at all. BUT we don't really know much about this piece dropping today do we?

I think they're doing one run because of the price to be honest. We don't know what it is but let's say it falls at $500-$600 that might make doing it as an OE something they don't want to risk.

I think they're doing one run because of the price to be honest. We don't know what it is but let's say it falls at $500-$600 that might make doing it as an OE something they don't want to risk.

My guess is it'll be 499. And only 3 hours to go!!! :impatient::yess:

Back