Statue Weta Announces Barad-Dur

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Atheris
I am with you. I have been tempted by this piece for awhile and just can't swallow the price on it. Plus I would love to get the scabbard with it and that adds another 6k. So you are talking 14k before shipping and fees, let alone the "cheaper" extras like sharpening. And while I can afford that price I just don't know if I want it that badly.

One thing that did strike me was how cheap the movie version looked on screen without the real silver inlay. When I first saw sting I looked right at the handle and sure enough the silver was flat against the wood.

So there's really no way to sugar coat this, buying the piece cannot be rationalized it is a pure vanity purchase (which is fine, mind you).

You reason like me lol

The money wasn't really my concern ether, I could buy it....but just because I can doesn't mean I don't care about my money to aimlessly blow it into the wind like that. I checked out all the same things you did next to the real movie prop. Like you said, the movie prop doesn't have the silver leaf inlay as weta's does, its just flat against the handle. So the UC version that uses silver leaf that's pressed on is actually more accurate than the weta version. Not to mention it also comes with a COA just like Peters version. I honestly don't see where the thousands extra comes from for Peters?

I just today ordered the UC sting and scabbard through secret compass. All for under $300 very cheap and quality just as good as Peters, can't lose.

https://www.secretcompasscollectibl...rd-of-bilbo-baggins-with-scabbard-the-hobbit/

Chris

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, the real silver inlay looks amazing but that inlay alone is supposed to add 2000 in value compared to the "movie version" I know silver is 30/oz. but there can't be more than 2 ounces of silver here.

Hi Chris, how much is shipping to Ontario? Thanks

You reason like me lol

The money wasn't really my concern ether, I could buy it....but just because I can doesn't mean I don't care about my money to aimlessly blow it into the wind like that. I checked out all the same things you did next to the real movie prop. Like you said, the movie prop doesn't have the silver leaf inlay as weta's does, its just flat against the handle. So the UC version that uses silver leaf that's pressed on is actually more accurate than the weta version. Not to mention it also comes with a COA just like Peters version. I honestly don't see where the thousands extra comes from for Peters?

I just today ordered the UC sting and scabbard through secret compass. All for under $300 very cheap and quality just as good as Peters, can't lose.

https://www.secretcompasscollectibl...rd-of-bilbo-baggins-with-scabbard-the-hobbit/

Chris

I'd get the Sting from LotR over the Hobbit one since the former has the elven runes inscribed on the blade and not on the latter. The runes read "Maegnas is my name, I am the Spider's bane". The elves inscribed it for Bilbo in Rivendell due to events that take place during the Hobbit.

By the way, you would have paid less than $200 for both Sting and scabbard from Bladecenter.com

Hi Chris, how much is shipping to Ontario? Thanks

Honestly, I have no idea. But its less than 8k...so I really don't care lol

I'd get the Sting from LotR over the Hobbit one since the former has the elven runes inscribed on the blade and not on the latter. The runes read "Maegnas is my name, I am the Spider's bane". The elves inscribed it for Bilbo in Rivendell due to events that take place during the Hobbit.

By the way, you would have paid less than $200 for both Sting and scabbard from Bladecenter.com

Oh cool, well its only $100 no biggie personally. Plus I personally like dealing with Shane, so I'd rather give him my business.

I've been looking for the LOTR sting with scabbard but can't find one for sale anywhere. I want to get both, so if anyone has one for sale....PM me.

**edit: just found its for sale on that site still, ordered***

Chris

Last edited:
I just got Sting LotR version from UC from the budk site. It was $130 + $17 shipping but -20% off with the promo going on right now. Set me back only $122

To me both are equally as beautiful....they fit nicely in each others scabbard too
IMG_3386.jpg

Guys can we actually shipped this out to Canada? I'm afraid that customs might hold them off coz they might consider this a weapon?

Guys can we actually shipped this out to Canada? I'm afraid that customs might hold them off coz they might consider this a weapon?

I live in Canada. As long as it isn't sharpened or a concealable weapon (ex: sword cane or assassin's creed hidden blade) you should be cool

Thanks for the info. I'm really dying to get Sting but I'm too afraid it may get hold off by customs. By the way where in Canada are you. I'm from Vancouver.

I live in Canada. As long as it isn't sharpened or a concealable weapon (ex: sword cane or assassin's creed hidden blade) you should be cool

No kidding. Wouldn't have been able to collect like I do if our dollar was still only worth 60 cents USD. Having our dollar above parity is nice for collectors.

After much debate, this is scratched off my list............

Cost is just too much so now my aim is at the SS Sauron PF!

Back