What new STAR WARS HOT TOYS 1/6 & 1/4 Figures will we see at SDCC 17...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone think we will see preorders for any of HT new Star Wars showings this week?

Obviously not all, but perhaps one or two figures.

I seriously hope so. With all these prototypes teased since last year's SDCC, we better get two.

Hoping for Anakin and Tarkin, thus meaning we'll get them sooner than the others (although we all know delays can change that).

Kinda surprised Holiday Fett was not a 2017 Toy Fair exclusive, but it is possible he still may release as a Sideshow Exclusive limited to 1 per person like Stormtrooper Han and Jyn Erso in Imperial disguise.

Hoping for Anakin and Tarkin, thus meaning we'll get them sooner than the others (although we all know delays can change that).

Kinda surprised Holiday Fett was not a 2017 Toy Fair exclusive, but it is possible he still may release as a Sideshow Exclusive limited to 1 per person like Stormtrooper Han and Jyn Erso in Imperial disguise.

I don't think those 2 will be ready. Tarkin does not seem to have the final hands on him and Anakin does not have a base (also has a sign saying pending approval). ROTJ Stormtrooper, RO Tank Comander, Royal Guards all seem to have their final parts and bases ready so they might be ready soon.

Part of me wonders if the Endor Luke and Leia will be exclusives. Seeing as how they're more alternate looks for the characters in the film and we're already getting a main release of Jedi Luke. I could see Hot Toys handling them like they did Trooper Luke and Han.

I don't think those 2 will be ready. Tarkin does not seem to have the final hands on him and Anakin does not have a base (also has a sign saying pending approval). ROTJ Stormtrooper, RO Tank Comander, Royal Guards all seem to have their final parts and bases ready so they might be ready soon.

Good point.

Also, no 1/4 Kylo Ren shown. Perhaps being saved for a show later this summer? Or maybe being reworked to be released as a Last Jedi version.

Does anyone think we will see preorders for any of HT new Star Wars showings this week?

Obviously not all, but perhaps one or two figures.

I'd have to look back but I feel like they stretch them out over the weeks month afterward. So maybe one in August, one in September, etc. I think we can count Jedi Luke as part of this and that's already up for pre-order. Tough to say what the next one will be as some don't look ready (Tarkin, Emperor) and some they've been trotting around at shows for the past several months or more (Royal Guard, Death Star Trooper)

Has anyone seen Baze or the Sandtrooper Sergeant in any photos/videos or are those two definitely missing?

No, and if you don't see them next week in the Hot Toys booth at the Hong Kong convention, you can say they are buried in the prototype graveyard.

Sure hope they show up there then. I swear I remember someone posting a pic of a bunch of Baze head sculpts already made up ready to go seems like if that was the case they wouldn't back out now. Guess the overall outfit is the more difficult piece to produce but still. Really wanted both.

Will we ever get the 1/4 scales of Darth Vader and Stormtrooper?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure hope they show up there then. I swear I remember someone posting a pic of a bunch of Baze head sculpts already made up ready to go seems like if that was the case they wouldn't back out now. Guess the overall outfit is the more difficult piece to produce but still. Really wanted both.
Honestly I wouldn't rule out the Sandtrooper Sergeant. Trooper variants are easy to crank out and the base parts for it are all there. Baze I think is less likely since he hasn't released yet. The time to put him out would have been with the other characters from Rogue One and I have a hard time imagining Hot Toys will go back to him now. Too many other things to put out.

Honestly I wouldn't rule out the Sandtrooper Sergeant. Trooper variants are easy to crank out and the base parts for it are all there. Baze I think is less likely since he hasn't released yet. The time to put him out would have been with the other characters from Rogue One and I have a hard time imagining Hot Toys will go back to him now. Too many other things to put out.

Well the SS would be my first pick if they only do one since I'm OT first so that's encouraging but also thought Baze looked really cool with the gun and all. Maybe they're about to go up for preorder and they figure they've been shown enough so that's why they didn't display them this time? Doubt it but would be nice!

Haha no I wondered if someone might think that but I'm a huge ND football fan(rough these days).

Baze was arguably one of their finest looking figures. I would be gutted if I don't get the chance to own him. My Chirrut looks lost in the cabinet with just a lego Baze for company :(

Baze was arguably one of their finest looking figures. I would be gutted if I don't get the chance to own him. My Chirrut looks lost in the cabinet with just a lego Baze for company :(

Baze, and Cassian though we never got to see any prototype, will be huge holes on any RO display. Heroes are heavily outnumbered as is with only Chirrût, Jyn and K-2SO to face Imperial troops.

Back