What new STAR WARS HOT TOYS 1/6 & 1/4 Figures will we see at SDCC 17...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What new STAR WARS HOT TOYS 1/6 & 1/4 Figures will we see at SDCC 17...?

Is it just me or do those hands on Tarkin look oversized ?

So Sideshow has announced how many 1:6 figures this year? They only announced the Snowtrooper Commander for all of 2017 by my count. I guess folks are right and they are indeed on their way out with 1:6 Star Wars.

I was just about to post the same thing. I'm about to sell my last remaining SS figure, but this is sad day. We've had over a decade of fun collecting SS 1/6 and I can thank them for getting me out of 4" figures and into the high end market.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cool vid. Thanks

2 figures stood out for me. Hulkbuster looks amazing with the 43 coming out of it.

Drax' body is such a fail.

So Sideshow has announced how many 1:6 figures this year? They only announced the Snowtrooper Commander for all of 2017 by my count. I guess folks are right and they are indeed on their way out with 1:6 Star Wars.

They definitely are focusing on larger formats. On their booth video, it struck me they essentially are showcasing 1:4 Premium, 1:2 Legendary and 1:1 pieces. It's also interesting that character choice is quite limited with mostly the same offer across three scales (Vader, Stormtrooper, Fett, Deathtrooper...)

On the 1:6 front, beside the Snowtrooper Commander, only remaining projects to see release are the bounty hunters, half being retools/repacks and carbonite Han.

They definitely are focusing on larger formats. On their booth video, it struck me they essentially are showcasing 1:4 Premium, 1:2 Legendary and 1:1 pieces. It's also interesting that character choice is quite limited with mostly the same offer across three scales (Vader, Stormtrooper, Fett, Deathtrooper...)

On the 1:6 front, beside the Snowtrooper Commander, only remaining projects to see release are the bounty hunters, half being retools/repacks and carbonite Han.

Yes and they are still doing more units of their 1/6 Maul figure but that's it. Too bad for me that Maul and Snowtrooper Commander are on my to buy list but I want HT versions.

I was just about to post the same thing. I'm about to sell my last remaining SS figure, but this is sad day. We've had over a decade of fun collecting SS 1/6 and I can thank them for getting me out of 4" figures and into the high end market.

Yup, for me it took longer and it was their Snowtrooper and Hoth Han that got me to step up in scale, and then pretty much immediately Hot Toys was announcing their acquisition of the license.

I guess I would have expected at least another droid or something this year, I know they still have all/most of them in stock though. They still had one of the best Star Wars displays ever when they unveiled those Hoth Pieces--Tauntaun, Han, Luke, Probe Droid, Vader. And then on the other side of it they had a pretty sweet looking PT display.

Slightly off topic. But have you guys seen that Ecto 1 from Blitzway!! Holy crap. Thing of beauty !!!

Hot Toys need to check that out and start thinking Luke's or Reys landspeeder !!! And forget about Batmobile Ver6 !!

Slightly off topic. But have you guys seen that Ecto 1 from Blitzway!! Holy crap. Thing of beauty !!!

Hot Toys need to check that out and start thinking Luke's or Reys landspeeder !!! And forget about Batmobile Ver6 !!

I saw it in that video and instantly hit pause looks amazing!

Back