What new STAR WARS HOT TOYS 1/6 & 1/4 Figures will we see at SDCC 17...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's gotta be more reveals, as there is a blurry pic in the general thread of 1950s Marty McFly, Doc and the hover Delorean that aren't featured in the Sideshow page.

Knowing that snowtrooper Commander has likely been postponed to give Sideshow some time to sell theirs and Gonks are probably too "background" for HT to greenlight them, it just leaves Baze and a couple repaints. I guess i can accept this even though i'd love to get me a squad of those Shoretroopers.

There's gotta be more reveals, as there is a blurry pic in the general thread of 1950s Marty McFly, Doc and the hover Delorean that aren't featured in the Sideshow page.

Not convinced there will be more Star Wars newness involved though.

So... is this it for SDCC in terms of 1/6 HT and SSC Star Wars reveals?

I'm guessing they'll unveil the Emperor and ROTJ Vader but I was hoping for some major new surprises beyond Tooth Skywalker and Hoth Leia with a helmet and poncho.

I can kind of see why Baze might not come as he is a risk. The parts are totally unique to him with his mad armour and crazy gun. He would cost a lot to develop and so they would need a fair amount of orders to justify the release.

Thing is Chirrut is almost useless displayed without him. Even when he bashed all the troopers with the stick it needed Baze to step in and blast a load more.

Maybe in the end they just couldn't face putting a stripper name like Baze Malbus on a HT box.:lol

Honestly there's been some good reveals but I don't feel overwhelmed.

I'm hopefully getting:
Tarkin
Luke (Endor)
Leia (Endor)
Emperor
Royal Guard (two)

Doc Brown
Marty McFly

I think I've made the decision to focus mainly on Star Wars. Marty and Doc are on the list because I absolutely love the Back to the Future Trilogy. I might get a stray Marvel or DC character here and there but they won't be priority.

Life size K-2SO is all so far...

That's a weird one. Liked the character, but I can't see too many people wanting a 8' tall 2SO in their man-cave. Seems like that's reserved for classic SW icons, but he is a cool design.

Honestly there's been some good reveals but I don't feel overwhelmed.

I'm hopefully getting:
Tarkin
Luke (Endor)
Leia (Endor)
Emperor
Royal Guard (two)

Doc Brown
Marty McFly

I think I've made the decision to focus mainly on Star Wars. Marty and Doc are on the list because I absolutely love the Back to the Future Trilogy. I might get a stray Marvel or DC character here and there but they won't be priority.

:exactly:

That's my exact list.

And I don't want to know what it all adds to.:horror

My post about baze was complete sarcasm, the factory time should not be wasted. Willrow Hood would be more worthwhile.

I was watching live stream as well....Ensor Luke comes with deluxe base, Death Star Trooper is present..... its time to fully allocate my collection to OT, PT and R1...

Sell everything else because I need space for all the awesome SW figs 😮

So Sideshow has announced how many 1:6 figures this year? They only announced the Snowtrooper Commander for all of 2017 by my count. I guess folks are right and they are indeed on their way out with 1:6 Star Wars.

Watching that live stream...assuming all HT figs present get made along with all the figs available for PO's......they crank out a **** load of figs in 12 -16 mo period. Amazing...

Back