Who's ordered Ilum Padme so far???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. I'm gonna wait til we get more clone wars figures, which I'm sure will happen when the TV series come out. I'm sure I'll be able to pick her up dirt cheap down the road.

The poll was before I knew of Sideshow as well. But they COULD have made this an appealing figure. They just chose not to. As it stands now, the Sideshow female body and outfit are very unattractive and that is why it is an easy pass. Can someone post those pics of the Medicom female bodies? I think that design would have been a better choice.

I don't care what body its on. The clothing design just isn't Star Wars. IMO

The poll was before I knew of Sideshow as well. But they COULD have made this an appealing figure. They just chose not to. As it stands now, the Sideshow female body and outfit are very unattractive and that is why it is an easy pass. Can someone post those pics of the Medicom female bodies? I think that design would have been a better choice.

You're going by a proto SS themselves has said is gonna change. Honestly, it reads like no matter what they change you just won't like it. Wait and see what they change before closing off your mind to that this figure might end up looking really good.

See, this is the beauty of the Sideshow preorder system: if I don't like what I see in the final production photos, I can cancel at any time. In the meantime, I am confident that the alterations to the outfit (the only thing I don't particularly like right now in it's admittedly ROUGH stage) will make this a much more desired figure. The head sculpt won me over even before I saw it painted.

You're going by a proto SS themselves has said is gonna change. Honestly, it reads like no matter what they change you just won't like it. Wait and see what they change before closing off your mind to that this figure might end up looking really good.

It an easy pass and I think SS will have to admt defeat on this one. There really isn't anything SS could do (because of expenses) that could save this figure, the quicker she gets released and fades into memory the better it is for all of us. There are far too many other cool figures to create and SB Padme doesn't offer much to a potential buyer to take a second look at her. On to new and better offerings from Sideshow,
let us not beat a dead horse. :stick:horse:blackbat

I disagree there isn't much SS can do with it as they're changing things on it and said as much just last week during SDCC. So we'll just have to wait and see I supppose. :D

I disagree there isn't much SS can do with it as they're changing things on it and said as much just last week during SDCC. So we'll just have to wait and see I supppose. :D

Who wants to wait and see when you can ***** now.

That's supposed to resemble Natalie Portman? I'm traumatised.... :(

I hear you JOSH, But I've been a SS collector for a very long time, SS has made many changes to many of their figures prior to final model, however, they have NEVER done a total overhaul to any of their merchandise. Luckily the Bespin Luke collar was addressed early and has been corrected already, but luck will not be a lady tonight and surely not in Padme's case. I'm glad to see your confidence is high but as a SS collector for many years I know better. Do you know how many times I've seen pictures of SS' creative team doing their research only to find their figures to be incorrect and lacking accuracy. What are they looking at in those pictures? Only the sculpt? The Planet of the Apes line was a big hook for me in those early years but the constant inaccuracies destroyed all hopes for me. I've bounced all over SS' figures always in hope of them getting better, the only thing SS' in consistent on is raising their prices. I wish you luck on your endeavor on receiving a much better Padme, but don't be shocked that she comes almost as bad as she currently looks. This is only my opinion and wish not to hurt anyones feelings so please don't jump on a wagon and lynch me for speaking my mind and concerns. I'm a big SS fan but am losing confidence in their attention to detail. I'm also scared that SS will lose the 1:6 scale market and wane to Medicom and Hot Toys, which are great but too pricey for the Ameican market. If SS solely becomes a distributor of 1:6 figures it will mark the decline and eventual fall of the 1:6 world for many years.

That's your right to feel that way. I disagree with what you said but that's life. I've been pleased pretty much with all my SS pieces so we have differing experiences with SS it appears.

My experiences with SS have always been great and I doubt that will change because they have great customer services but that doesn't mean I haven't had poor experiences with their products. The two are independent from each other although they both work towards a common goal. Josh, are you only a 1:6 collector? I am. Would you mind if I ask you, what is your favorite character, and why. Also, what is your least favorite character and why? I notice that you are mainly a SW nut, that's cool. To me, believe it or not the Endor strike force turned out pretty cool. I've read that many fans weren't happy with these and I can understand about the cost, and them being secondary characters, but to me they hold their own. Padme looks out of her element. Maybe it is just the costume but there is something else there that bugs me. Some say it's her lips, or face, I just can't nail it. I will also admit that I was hoping for bigger news this year especially it being a 30 year anniversary of the OT. I'll have to say my favorite SW character to date is Sith Anakin and Jabba. I'm also hoping for SS to do a THRONE ROOM ENVIRONMENT next year.

Back