Who's ordered Ilum Padme so far???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I preordered Bespin Luke and the Hobbits at SDCC, but this was a really easy pass for me. It didn't really matter what it looked liked(it didn't look good), I have very little interest in a Padme figure and none at all of this version of her. If I am going to get a Padme figure it's got to be an iconic version or it else it's not worth the space.

People preordering something they doubt they will keep are doing a disservice to themselves and others who collect the line.

If the preordering is low, perhaps SSC will be more likely to address problems or something.

Basically its demand one thing, but act contrary to what you're demanding.

I understand the two are separate. I've had a few items come in that I've had to send back. Not many but a couple.

No, I'm not. I get a few PF from SS and some stuff from GG. Though, most of what I buy anymore is the 1:6th stuff.

Well, that's a tough one to answer. First LOTR is my #1 favorite. My favorite figure so far in that line is probably Boromir. He just has come out the best of the line so far. My least fave right now would be Legolas actually. It's not a bad figure just Legolas has never been my favorite of the Fellowship members.

My favorite Star Wars character is Darth Maul. I just really really like the figure. I think it looks just like Ray Park and overall came out looking awesome. Obi-Wan is a close second because its a pretty damn cool piece. My least fave so far is a tie between Yavin Luke and Han. Yavin Luke just didn't come out as well as I'd like to see and Han isn't one of my most favorite SW figures.

Padme's face is awesome! A total ringer for Portman I feel even stronger after seeing her in person. The outfit needs some tweaking because it's not where it needs to be and SS knows this. Which is why they've said they're fixing it.

As far as more OT figures. Well, its only July and they've announced a few so far. I still think they've got a couple of nice surprises up their sleeves.

I plan to swap the head with something more in line with a Brats doll as to make it look animated.

I will probably use this head to customize a ROTS Padme.

I understand the two are separate. I've had a few items come in that I've had to send back. Not many but a couple.

No, I'm not. I get a few PF from SS and some stuff from GG. Though, most of what I buy anymore is the 1:6th stuff.

Well, that's a tough one to answer. First LOTR is my #1 favorite. My favorite figure so far in that line is probably Boromir. He just has come out the best of the line so far. My least fave right now would be Legolas actually. It's not a bad figure just Legolas has never been my favorite of the Fellowship members.

My favorite Star Wars character is Darth Maul. I just really really like the figure. I think it looks just like Ray Park and overall came out looking awesome. Obi-Wan is a close second because its a pretty damn cool piece. My least fave so far is a tie between Yavin Luke and Han. Yavin Luke just didn't come out as well as I'd like to see and Han isn't one of my most favorite SW figures.

Padme's face is awesome! A total ringer for Portman I feel even stronger after seeing her in person. The outfit needs some tweaking because it's not where it needs to be and SS knows this. Which is why they've said they're fixing it.

As far as more OT figures. Well, its only July and they've announced a few so far. I still think they've got a couple of nice surprises up their sleeves.

I saw your picture at SS' website and know that you were at SDCC, what did you think of the two new hobbits? They look awesome from the proto pics and I can't wait for these. A triumphant display here.

I totally agree with your picks, Maul is awesome, are you planning on getting Medicom's Maul? I am, and it will be my first Medi figure, a little pricey though. I already forgot about Yavin Luke, I also agree that he wasn't as big of a winner that I was hoping for. Thanks for your input. I really like hearing peoples choices and reasons on buying certain figures.

I hope everyone who voted for this figure is getting one, but i have to pass as well

I saw your picture at SS' website and know that you were at SDCC, what did you think of the two new hobbits? They look awesome from the proto pics and I can't wait for these. A triumphant display here.

I thought the Hobbits stole the show at the SS Booth. IMO they best items there. The detail in all of both figures are really really good. I think folks will be quite pleased.

I totally agree with your picks, Maul is awesome, are you planning on getting Medicom's Maul? I am, and it will be my first Medi figure, a little pricey though. I already forgot about Yavin Luke, I also agree that he wasn't as big of a winner that I was hoping for. Thanks for your input. I really like hearing peoples choices and reasons on buying certain figures.

I am planning on getting Medicom's. Saw it at the Con and was quite impressed with it. They're a little pricey but worth it from the ones I have so far.

No problem. As you can tell I don't mind sharing my two cents.

I thought the Hobbits stole the show at the SS Booth. IMO they best items there. The detail in all of both figures are really really good. I think folks will be quite pleased.

I am planning on getting Medicom's. Saw it at the Con and was quite impressed with it. They're a little pricey but worth it from the ones I have so far.

No problem. As you can tell I don't mind sharing my two cents.

Thanks Josh, I think that's what makes these forums work!

I'm going to pass on her. She looks too much like a doll my eight year old daughter would play with. I'm more into Imperials & such.

Are you going to make a custom Queen Amidala?

I am going do is Funeral Padme. If you look in this thread, this is the kind of thing I have in mind. willowswarlock did a really impressive Death of Buffy statue which he made using a SS Buffy fig as the base. (https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21911&highlight=buffy+death)

I think the sculpt would be an excellent one for this:

eiii_funeral06.jpg

I oredered her, but not to sure if i want her or not. Leave it a couple of months to see if she a keeper but l always say stuff like that and end up keeping.

Back