Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anytime, but im not sure Im getting one, just keeping an eye on it just in case. The price could be over my range and I have a feeling it will be.

Im not a guy that worries about "limited collectible" I buy what I like and its mine, i dont care if it theres a million of them out there. The one in my house would be mine and thats all that matters to me.

If they made a " million " of these this company wouldn't exist which would mean that this exact statue wouldn't be for sale, so yes it matters. Do you think people would pay $1,500 for a piece of plastic if there were a " million " of these things made? No they wouldn't.

Seriously, I don't understand why so many people keep on saying that they don't care about edition sizes, there are reasons why Sideshow doesn't make more of each statue. They obviously can't handle the load of making many and even themselves admit that if they made more the collectibility of their brand would dissipate. Many people buy their products knowing that at least they can get their money back in more in the future if they need to sell them. If they made 5,000 of each statue there wouldn't be an aftermarket. Look at the Optimus Prime exclusive, now that is the definition of rarity.

So yes edition sizes do matter, this hobby isn't like collecting the US Mint 50 state coin releases.

Edition size plays no part in my collecting.

I find those who are concerned with edition sizes to be ridiculous actually.

Seriously, I don't understand why so many people keep on saying that they don't care about edition sizes, there are reasons why Sideshow doesn't make more of each statue. They obviously can't handle the load of making many and even themselves admit that if they made more the collectibility of their brand would dissipate. Many people buy their products knowing that at least they can get their money back in more in the future if they need to sell them. If they made 5,000 of each statue there wouldn't be an aftermarket. Look at the Optimus Prime exclusive, now that is the definition of rarity.

So yes edition sizes do matter, this hobby isn't like collecting the US Mint 50 state coin releases.

just accept the fact that your in the minority. You don't need to constantly reiterate the same thing over and over again.

and the majority don't seem to understand the business side of marketing. Sideshow is what they are for a reason right now. That is why most of you will always be customers and nothing more. It's quite simple.

and the majority don't seem to understand the business side of marketing. Sideshow is what they are for a reason right now. That is why most of you will always be customers and nothing more. It's quite simple.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

And what the hell are you?

You're "special" because your concerned with edition sizes?

That makes you "elite"?

Nope...unless you sell EVERYTHING you have, and make a profit...you're just a customer.

You just prove my "ridiculous" comment from earlier...that's all.

...uh again if i like something id pay whatever it costs for me to have it. I didnt say anything about SS staying in business. I understand the concept of "limited edition" collectible, but again that matters zero to me. I buy what I like and could care less about how many exist. The fact that you mention the secondary market...again thats for people who want to flip or resale down the road. When I buy stuff Im picturing it sitting on my shelf, im not flipping and im not thinking so far into the future that "what can I make off this if i put it on ebay..." the only thing Im thinking is thats an awesome piece and would look great in my display.
Edition size plays no part in my collecting.I find those who are concerned with edition sizes to be ridiculous actually.

Thank you Sabres :exactly:

Higher edition size = less quality in the prodfuct, right?

That's the only issue I have..

I hate D-bags who buy a character I love, just because it's rare and makes them feel special, or because they can "flip it" for a ton of cash later on..

Higher edition size = less quality in the prodfuct, right?

That's the only issue I have..

I hate D-bags who buy a character I love, just because it's rare and makes them feel special, or because they can "flip it" for a ton of cash later on..

What's a prodfuct?? Was it a limited release? :dunno

and your the only one that cares about the business side of this hobby............well you and the rest of the flippers. Now I really hope the ES on this is huge :nana:

Yeah the other thing is Im sure we understand the business side of things enough to know we wouldnt want SS to go out of business or any other company for that matter. We understand what the limited runs on "collectible" products mean, but what were all trying to say is we dont really care (to a point - some more than others) we all buy what we want and what we like. If for whatever reason we buy something and end up selling it down the road well...thats how this "business"/hobby works, I would safely assume though that most here arent buying to flip.

Back