Wonder Woman - June 2, 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Wonder Woman - June 23, 2017

Since Diana doesn't age it would have been cool if WB lined up at least one or two more period films for Gadot while she's still in her prime. Setting one in the 70's might have been fun due to it being the Lynda Carter era.

I hope this movie has something more epic up its sleeve for her to do than just clearing rooms of regular guys that encircle her.

And the karate kid getting his ass kicked by Johnny in front of his friends.

No, no, no.

It needs to be Daniel-San doing the crane kick on the beach!

karate-kid-1984-crane-kick-daniel-beach-ralph-macchio-600x300.jpg
:lol

Since Diana doesn't age it would have been cool if WB lined up at least one or two more period films for Gadot while she's still in her prime. Setting one in the 70's might have been fun due to it being the Lynda Carter era.

I hope this movie has something more epic up its sleeve for her to do than just clearing rooms of regular guys that encircle her.

That would be great to see and an awesome homage to Lynda Carter. :rock

No, leave Carter alone. She did her tang. Mr. Green would like to see more Olympian. We had Asgardian, now, the time for Olympian.

Can't wait for the 80's version.

image.jpg

For a reason I can't remember I was watching that scene the other day and it kinda struck me - I'm not sure present-day Spielberg would show a child being eaten alive. He doesn't make 'em like he used to.

Imagine if the T-Rex had actually managed to eat Lex and/or Tim.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/wond...-employee-slams-wonder-woman-movie-as-a144492

An alleged former Warner Bros. employee has shared an open letter on Pajiba which takes aim at studio CEO Kevin Tsujihara and even Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice director Zack Snyder to a lesser extent. While much of it reads like the ramblings of an angry DC Comics fanboy, their main gripe is that staff have been let go due to Warner Bros.' apparent inability to make movies which succeed.

While this obviously needs to be taken with a pinch of salt, perhaps the most worrying allegation is the fact that Wonder Woman is going to end up being every bit as messy as other recent DC Films releases.

"What are you even doing? I wish to God you were forced to live out of a car until you made a #1 movie of the year. Maybe Wonder Woman wouldn't be such a mess. Don't try to hide behind the great trailer. People inside are already confirming it's another mess. It is almost impressive how you keep rewarding the same producers and executives for making the same mistakes, over and over."

With Geoff Johns so heavily involved with Wonder Woman and some major behind the scenes shake ups following the release of Batman v Superman, many fans have hoped the 2017 release would mark a turning point for the DC Films Universe. It now doesn't sound as if that will be the case, but we're just going to have to wait and see. As always, be sure to let us know your thoughts on this news below.

If this movie isn’t review proof its over for DC.

Last edited:

meh...even the box office world leader Disney fires entire departments when a movie flops, just ask my sister.

Welcome to Hollywood, would you like some fries with that.

Everything's changed. "Avengers 2" fall from the sky, the fans hurl thunderbolts, filmakers get fired. That's how it starts. The fever, the rage, the feeling of powerlessness that turns good men on the internet... cruel.

What scares me more than anything is Patty Jenkins tweets questioning the taste of critics saying that Suicide Squad was amazing. I’m hoping she was just going full James Cameron with those tweets. If she actually thought Suicide Squad was good then I fear this movie is doomed.

The critics gave Ghostbusters a 74% and Suicide Squad a 26%. I don't think their credibility will ever recover. They're completely irrelevant at this point, bring on Wonder Woman.

The critics gave Ghostbusters a 74% and Suicide Squad a 26%. I don't think their credibility will ever recover. They're completely irrelevant at this point, bring on Wonder Woman.

I’m sure the critics had an agenda with Ghostbusters but I since I haven’t seen it I can’t really say if they were right or wrong on that one, even though I’m almost sure they were wrong. Still, if Patty Jenkins thinks SS is amazing then throw her in the same boat as the critics.

They have agendas and it's obvious- critics these days are a JOKE- make up your own minds.

As far as I'm concerned critics have always been irrelevant.

They have agendas and it's obvious- critics these days are a JOKE- make up your own minds.

Agreed.

Back