World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed! Raiding imo is the best part of WoW. Onyxia has to be one of my favorite fights in the game.

Agreed! Raiding imo is the best part of WoW. Onyxia has to be one of my favorite fights in the game.

Yeah but raiding was always dependent on reaching level cap and and having a nice solid group which for some reason (mainly stopping playing to play the millions of other games I have) I never was able to do.

I like rading, but that's all most MMO's ever focus on now which pisses me off. I don't want to raid 24/7. I want a very immersive, engaging and realistic (for the genre) environment with so many interesting things to experience.

The BC raids were fantastic, though.

Yeah my work schedule doesn't allow me to dedicate any time to a guild right now so LFR is wonderful. Though I do miss raiding 5 days a week through college :lol

Anyone here have a 90 dk? Loved soloing content back in Cata and was wondering if a 90 dk can solo more content.

I like rading, but that's all most MMO's ever focus on now which pisses me off. I don't want to raid 24/7. I want a very immersive, engaging and realistic (for the genre) environment with so many interesting things to experience.

The BC raids were fantastic, though.

Same here. That and a great crafting system (best was Vanguard but I'm having lots of fun with the GW2 one).
I have to say that for immersion WoW is really good.

there is a random raid finder, much like random group finder now. sue that if you prefer to not have a guild.

Yeah I know but my free time now and my free time in 2004 are.... different? :)

Anyone here have a 90 dk? Loved soloing content back in Cata and was wondering if a 90 dk can solo more content.

DK are very versatile and probably one of the easiest classes to solo with (at least they were in WotLK). I have to say that though I tend to gravitate towards Rogue type characters I LOVED playing my DK back then. It really is a great class..... but now with everything changed and dumbed down I don't know.

This game is fail. It embodies what is wrong with WOW. ****ing Kungu Fu pandas in a LOTR fantasy world? It's real fantasy and an amazing immersive universe. Kungu Fu pandas are a joke and are for children. Blizzard has always been a company that panders to hardcore gamers. Sure other people can play too but would get their ass thoroughly thrashed countless times before they could beat someone experienced and good at WarCraft 3 aka ChunkyZergling (see that Tauren icon *****es. I earned that avatar in game and that's why I brought him with me. Whooped some ass in StarCraft too under the alias ChunkyZergling).

Anyway....as I am a recovery computer game addict I have heard that WOW is now for old people and children and ***** gamers. 10 million subs and 500,000 hardcore gamers or something. I heard that for each class now you only need to focus on one stat. Eg a Mage only needs to focus on intelligence and not the 10 other stats you needed to balance In the past as well. Suck my big fat **** blizzard.

I liked a lot of spirit though for my shadow priest. With that talent that **** was hot how fast I could regenerate mana

This game is fail. It embodies what is wrong with WOW. ****ing Kungu Fu pandas in a LOTR fantasy world? It's real fantasy and an amazing immersive universe. Kungu Fu pandas are a joke and are for children. Blizzard has always been a company that panders to hardcore gamers. Sure other people can play too but would get their ass thoroughly thrashed countless times before they could beat someone experienced and good at WarCraft 3 aka ChunkyZergling (see that Tauren icon *****es. I earned that avatar in game and that's why I brought him with me. Whooped some ass in StarCraft too under the alias ChunkyZergling).

Anyway....as I am a recovery computer game addict I have heard that WOW is now for old people and children and ***** gamers. 10 million subs and 500,000 hardcore gamers or something. I heard that for each class now you only need to focus on one stat. Eg a Mage only needs to focus on intelligence and not the 10 other stats you needed to balance In the past as well. Suck my big fat **** blizzard.

I liked a lot of spirit though for my shadow priest. With that talent that **** was hot how fast I could regenerate mana

e496c_ORIG-Let_The_Butt_Hurt_Flow_Through_You.jpg

where to start.

You lay into this expansion pretty roughly there, yet you keep saying
" I have Heard" which indicates that you've not played it yourself. So, for started, give it a shot, and see what you think after playing it. It's easily one of the BEST expansions to date, Steeped in TONS of lore, with an excellent pervasive story that runs throughout the 85-90 level grind.

Yup, Kung fu talking pandas sure are silly. they sure don't have any place in a game , especially one that contains Native american Talking Cows, and Thoroughly britsh werewolves

top-hat.jpg

You only focus on a single stat? I'm not sure where you got that, but it;s incorrect.
YES, ever class has a "primary" stat. but that's nothing new, it's been that way since vanilla. There is a LITTLE more emphasis on your primary stat this time around, but if you ONLY focus on that one, you;re doing it wrong.

Lets look at a tanking paladin for example

There are two basic schools of thought when it comes to tanking with a paladin. the route you go effects your stat priority, which is also effected by the stat caps.

Control + Threat
Stamina > Melee Hit (7.5%) > Expertise (15%) > Mastery > Haste > Parry > Dodge

The Control + Threat priority maximizes your ability to respond to damage because your Holy Power generating abilities are guaranteed to land. This priority results in more overall damage taken then the Survivability strategy, but allows you to reliably smooth out that damage with a higher uptime of Shield of the Righteous. Also, this priority produces a high amount of threat since none of your major threat abilities can miss.

Survival

Stamina > Parry > Dodge > Mastery > Melee Hit (7.5%) > Haste > Expertise (7.5%)

The Survivability priority maximizes your ability to avoid and mitigate damage by increasing your Survivability stats above all else. This priority results in the least amount of overall damage taken, but can lead to more spike damage with a bad avoidance streak or delayed Shield of the Righteous. If you are very good at proactively using Shield of the Righteous, then Mastery moves ahead of Parry in the Survivability Priority.

What's this? in both cases, Stamina comes first? that's becuase it;s the primary stat for tanks.

Source : https://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/paladin/protection/stat-priority

how about warlocks?

Intellect > Spell Hit (15%) = Haste (Breakpoint) > Mastery > Haste (Past Breakpoint)> Crit

i could give you more, but i don't feel like it right now.

I'm sorry f I come across as condescending, i've just grown very VERY tired of all the frothing at the mouth over "kung fu pandas" and the MASSIVE ammount of disinformation that's out there about the expansion from haters who've never even played it. And I hate even more that people are ( seemingly) getting taken in by it.

If you've got an account, let me toss you a scroll of reserection, and let you TRY it out. THEN if you hate it, you atleast hate it for valid reasons, not just because you Heard it was bad.

e496c_ORIG-Let_The_Butt_Hurt_Flow_Through_You.jpg

where to start.

You lay into this expansion pretty roughly there, yet you keep saying
" I have Heard" which indicates that you've not played it yourself. So, for started, give it a shot, and see what you think after playing it. It's easily one of the BEST expansions to date, Steeped in TONS of lore, with an excellent pervasive story that runs throughout the 85-90 level grind.

Yup, Kung fu talking pandas sure are silly. they sure don't have any place in a game , especially one that contains Native american Talking Cows, and Thoroughly britsh werewolves

top-hat.jpg

You only focus on a single stat? I'm not sure where you got that, but it;s incorrect.
YES, ever class has a "primary" stat. but that's nothing new, it's been that way since vanilla. There is a LITTLE more emphasis on your primary stat this time around, but if you ONLY focus on that one, you;re doing it wrong.

Lets look at a tanking paladin for example

There are two basic schools of thought when it comes to tanking with a paladin. the route you go effects your stat priority, which is also effected by the stat caps.

Control + Threat
Stamina > Melee Hit (7.5%) > Expertise (15%) > Mastery > Haste > Parry > Dodge

The Control + Threat priority maximizes your ability to respond to damage because your Holy Power generating abilities are guaranteed to land. This priority results in more overall damage taken then the Survivability strategy, but allows you to reliably smooth out that damage with a higher uptime of Shield of the Righteous. Also, this priority produces a high amount of threat since none of your major threat abilities can miss.

Survival

Stamina > Parry > Dodge > Mastery > Melee Hit (7.5%) > Haste > Expertise (7.5%)

The Survivability priority maximizes your ability to avoid and mitigate damage by increasing your Survivability stats above all else. This priority results in the least amount of overall damage taken, but can lead to more spike damage with a bad avoidance streak or delayed Shield of the Righteous. If you are very good at proactively using Shield of the Righteous, then Mastery moves ahead of Parry in the Survivability Priority.

What's this? in both cases, Stamina comes first? that's becuase it;s the primary stat for tanks.

Source : https://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/paladin/protection/stat-priority

how about warlocks?

Intellect > Spell Hit (15%) = Haste (Breakpoint) > Mastery > Haste (Past Breakpoint)> Crit

i could give you more, but i don't feel like it right now.

I'm sorry f I come across as condescending, i've just grown very VERY tired of all the frothing at the mouth over "kung fu pandas" and the MASSIVE ammount of disinformation that's out there about the expansion from haters who've never even played it. And I hate even more that people are ( seemingly) getting taken in by it.

If you've got an account, let me toss you a scroll of reserection, and let you TRY it out. THEN if you hate it, you atleast hate it for valid reasons, not just because you Heard it was bad.

PM sent

Hi,

Thanks for the response to my seething post. I'm sorry for that.

I have not played in a while and don't read about the game as I'm a recovering addict.

It seems like there is a lot depth to the game still and I'm pretty sure if I thought about it myself for a second, I would realize my friends who tell me vehemently otherwise, we're probably wrong.

From your descriptions of paladins I see this. And I know Blizzard would never make a game that did not have an incredible amount of depth and thought that would be required to play...for some.

I stopped playing at level 70 with my ne hunter and us priest with the Burning Crusade. I do not know about the Vanillizing? Of the game. What is that?

I watched the trailer for mists yesterday and seeing the Kunfu Panda fighting the Orc and human made me gag. I don't know about the Worgs with British accents? I stopped with BC as I said. But that is a real real turn off for me. It is so childish and does not belong in the fantasy world of Warcraft I, personally, imagine and wish to immerse myself in. Tauren are acceptable to me though. They legitimately look like a real race that is tough and bad ass.

Thanks for the info and sorry for coming just a bit strong. Just the Pandas...blah

CZ

Last edited:
No sweat. I get that some people can only see the trailer and think the jack black movie. And I can see how that might be a little off putting.

That. Said....

I'm sure it's only a matter of time before we get a wow commercial staring jack black now. Lol

Like I've said before,

The Tauren were obviously inspired by the Minotaur, a mythical creature that has been around for centuries. Same deal with the worgen.

It's not like they just went out and picked a cow and a wolf and decided to make races out of them, like they did with a panda. :monkey1 But not only did they randomly choose a panda, they made them chinese. :lol

Whether the expansion is great or not (and from what I've read, it is great), the pandarian race remains a stupid idea. Do you remember playing orcs, trolls, elves, dwarves? There are without a doubt some childish and silly aspects of WoW, but making these panda people a playable race is crossing the line IMO. I really hope that if they make another expansion, they take things a bit more seriously because the game has only seemed to become more kid-friendly as time passes and there are honestly no other decent MMOs out there.

I've been hoping for Naga, but I don't see how Murlocs could work. They're more animal than humanoid. Would be cool to have them as companions though. Wait, that's a SWTOR thing isn't it. :lol

did you ever play Everquest?

In old school EQ, there was an npc race similar to Murlocs. they were the Froglocks.

Relatively animal intelegence, primative frog people.

Eventualy they became a player race.
How?

A god chose them, and elevated their race's intelligence.

they'dd just need something similar to happen to a specific tribe of murlocs. a murloc shaman finds a magical artifact that grants him enhanced intellect.
A gnomish experiment goes haywire, and leaks a chemical into a lake that mutates them
an ancient race of sea-dwelling murlocs is at war with the naga in the deepest parts of the ocean, and is advanced already.

plenty of ways to do it.

Never played Everquest, but if they came up with something like that I'd be on board for Murlocs.

I've wondered if Gorlocs were supposed to be related to Murlocs. They share the same name and have a similar design.

Gorlocs do seem more advanced, however.

107160%5B1%5D%5B6%5D.jpg

murloc.jpg

Back