XM 1/6 X-Men HUGE Sentinel Battle Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
11081316_1527125450841482_265354587593379926_n.jpg

11013324_1527125480841479_8787469378963182491_n.jpg

10957136_1527125520841475_5419821286421788682_n.jpg

11081413_1527125584174802_6999883775819588999_n.jpg

WOW, what a ****ing great company!!!!!!!!!! Their concepts are getting more mind blowing with every new sneak peak. Hate to say it, but XM must seriously reconsider their policy of producing/releasing a maximum of only 1000 units for any given statue. Every release will be a blood bath of scrambling collectors, though many will be knocked out of the game due to costs.

XM must get us some north american distribution. Hoping their success allows for this to happen in the near future.

This is a game-changer of a piece. Now I really want to see XM produce Avengers, Fantastic Four, Spider-Man and Cosmic dios. Not to mention what could be done with DC.

Wow this is a great rendering! Interesting idea, dynamic pose!
But can I give some constructive criticism - Did Sentinels fight like this?

I'm used to the Sentinels from the 90s cartoon and remember them fighting using their beams, trying to stomp on things, or use their grappling things (out of their hands).

The pose is dynamic, but would a Sentinel stoop down that low to punch like that? Just wondering...

I do love the fact that Colossus is stopping the punch! This thing is going to be ginoumous!!!
Any idea on the height? or footprint this diorama would take?

People gotta start planning for this!

This is a game-changer of a piece. Now I really want to see XM produce Avengers, Fantastic Four, Spider-Man and Cosmic dios. Not to mention what could be done with DC.

Completely agree, this dio is going to kill it. If XM does an Avengers dio ............ :thud: :horror

Wasn't everyone just saying that about Magneto. The game has changed again already? Are there no heights XM can't reach?

I like the concept drawing pose better if I'm honest. I also think they need to lose the excess "rock". It's unnecessary, too big, and draws attention away from the characters.

Good start though.

I agree. And I'd LOVE for the right hand to be open with the sentinel going to blast colossus instead of punch him.

And here's a crazy idea I had... Sound effects. lots of them. For each character. If they were allowed to sample short clips of audio from the animated series... man oh man oh man oh man oh man.

I want it to be art not a toy, no to sound effects and no to lighting effects..... well push comes to shove I can live with lighting effects but prefer it without....

I don't think SFX make it a toy... if you won't use them it's exactly the same as it would be otherwise.

Hate to say it, but XM must seriously reconsider their policy of producing/releasing a maximum of only 1000 units for any given statue.

Isn't that only their policy for 1/4 scale pieces? I thought I read that on the other forum.

And I will own these. I have no idea where I'll put them. But I will own them. :lol

Wow this is a great rendering! Interesting idea, dynamic pose!
But can I give some constructive criticism - Did Sentinels fight like this?

I'm used to the Sentinels from the 90s cartoon and remember them fighting using their beams, trying to stomp on things, or use their grappling things (out of their hands).

The pose is dynamic, but would a Sentinel stoop down that low to punch like that? Just wondering...

I do love the fact that Colossus is stopping the punch! This thing is going to be ginoumous!!!
Any idea on the height? or footprint this diorama would take?

People gotta start planning for this!

I think it will make a lot more sense if the Sentinel's left knee was touching the ground as though he fell and was just getting up. When here comes Colossus smashing the Sentinel's left hand. In response the Sentinel cocks back his right fist to hit Colossus. In my imagination, this is in mid-battle and punching Colossus is the Sentinel's option due to proximity ...and possible battle damage to his other weapons.

Because you're right ...in the beginning of the battle, the Sentinel would not stoop down to hit Colossus. He would stand tall and blast him with a weapon designed to counter Colossus's powers.

I like the concept drawing pose better if I'm honest. I also think they need to lose the excess "rock". It's unnecessary, too big, and draws attention away from the characters.

Good start though.

I agree with you as well. The concept art pose and ground (for lack of a better word) was already perfect. I would've loved it if they stuck to it. This pose is good too, I preferred the concept more. And yes, less rubble is better.

Good point on rubble. Ver cool pose. I can see Superman in this pose

This diorama will need to support 5 other 1/6 statues so I think all the "rubble" girth is needed.

Back