XM 1/6 X-Men HUGE Sentinel Battle Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why keep trodden down the same well beaten path? SSC fans will love all things SSC, XM fans will love XM. To each their own.

Good post!

Hence the word "fans".

I am a fan of both companies, but it doesn't make me blind. SSC has stinkers that come out, XM has its own issues including already saying that Marvels new involvement my limit fan input and period growing pains like the Mark 42 and BW issues. However, they both can also make masterpieces. One company just has a lot more forgiveness aimed at it right now, and the other more vitriol hate.

I am a fan of both companies, but it doesn't make me blind. SSC has stinkers that come out, XM has its own issues including already saying that Marvels new involvement my limit fan input and period growing pains like the Mark 42 and BW issues. However, they both can also make masterpieces. One company just has a lot more forgiveness aimed at it right now, and the other more vitriol hate.

have you have looked into the Wonder Woman threads lately?

I have read people commenting that they have paint chips, pieces that don't fit securely into the base, warping and leaning statues because they used the wrong compound, and delays to shipping because of breakage issues and warping molds. Now XM does fix the issue, though sometimes it is simply paying to have a piece painted locally. However, all of the delays to meet fan expectations may have cost them a lot. If you consider that they had to put 4 statues on hold because of the new crack down, well I can't imagine what would have happened if they had already started producing those one. Maybe fans would all be getting 4 statues and a Diorama if the production process had moved a little faster. If SSC had done all that people would be hammering on them.

Most of what you point out must be put in perspective.
I consider paint chips and non fitting pieces inevitable in this hobby, sooner or later they happen.
The leaning issues were limited to like 10 Black Widow pieces. On both accounts, what's really important is how the company comes through and solves the issues - not with a simple "sorry we are out of replacements", like SS seems to be doing more and more.
Delays are there, obviously, but still their production deadlines have been either in line with the competition or shorter if compared to the rest of the industry. Again, I could lose hours pointing out how many SS pieces have been delayed and delayed and delayed again for ridicolous amounts of time.
I also think/hope that they (and any other company) don't start production until they have 100% green light by the licensor, for example the Disney thing didn't impact Magneto that was already green lighted, but slowed down Phoenix's approval, so I'm pretty sure that those 4 statues and the diorama wouldn't have made it with quicker production times. And here again we could discuss that there are MANY characters that Sideshow has never done in ten years, hard to blame XM if they take longer than expected to make them.
All in all, I'd say that people are more "forgiving" to XM because XM has yet something to be forgiven, really.

Now, when XM starts to deny replacements, delay pieces for 10+ months, cancelling projects that have been going on for years and then put them back on sale with an increased ES, shipping pieces with wide and consistent QC issues, bumping the prices of 30$ every 2-3 months... well, they'll have their share of s--t raining on them, that's sure. Until them, they're good to go.

I think guys are being unfair to Sideshow.......

Now excuse me while I go pry the corrosive batteries out of my new Sideshow Star Wars Probe Droid....

Most of what you point out must be put in perspective.
I consider paint chips and non fitting pieces inevitable in this hobby, sooner or later they happen.
The leaning issues were limited to like 10 Black Widow pieces. On both accounts, what's really important is how the company comes through and solves the issues - not with a simple "sorry we are out of replacements", like SS seems to be doing more and more.
Delays are there, obviously, but still their production deadlines have been either in line with the competition or shorter if compared to the rest of the industry. Again, I could lose hours pointing out how many SS pieces have been delayed and delayed and delayed again for ridicolous amounts of time.
I also think/hope that they (and any other company) don't start production until they have 100% green light by the licensor, for example the Disney thing didn't impact Magneto that was already green lighted, but slowed down Phoenix's approval, so I'm pretty sure that those 4 statues and the diorama wouldn't have made it with quicker production times. And here again we could discuss that there are MANY characters that Sideshow has never done in ten years, hard to blame XM if they take longer than expected to make them.
All in all, I'd say that people are more "forgiving" to XM because XM has yet something to be forgiven, really.

Now, when XM starts to deny replacements, delay pieces for 10+ months, cancelling projects that have been going on for years and then put them back on sale with an increased ES, shipping pieces with wide and consistent QC issues, bumping the prices of 30$ every 2-3 months... well, they'll have their share of s--t raining on them, that's sure. Until them, they're good to go.

I do agree that the way XM treats issues makes a big difference, there is a reason why they are so loved and respected. I am just pointing out that to some extent XM gets more leeway in terms of forgiveness, and though it is well deserved, I just think that it might be a little bit of the "new prettiest girl" in school phenomenon is all.

I think guys are being unfair to Sideshow.......

Now excuse me while I go pry the corrosive batteries out of my new Sideshow Star Wars Probe Droid....

Do the batteries come out easily??? I only ask because I would never leave batteries in any statues or HTs I bought.

Do the batteries come out easily??? I only ask because I would never leave batteries in any statues or HTs I bought.

One of the members made a video showing you how to do it without breaking the droid, once I saw that it was pretty easy.... I'm just surprised the batteries were already corroded, I've only had the droid for a few months...

One of the members made a video showing you how to do it without breaking the droid, once I saw that it was pretty easy.... I'm just surprised the batteries were already corroded, I've only had the droid for a few months...

Honestly, I don't think SSC should put cheap crap batteries into these things at the factory at all. All it takes is a little dampness getting into the compartment and they will corrode. Also, they need to make the changing of batteries dirt simple so there is no change of damage, but that needs to happen in the design process.

Honestly, I don't think SSC should put cheap crap batteries into these things at the factory at all. All it takes is a little dampness getting into the compartment and they will corrode. Also, they need to make the changing of batteries dirt simple so there is no change of damage, but that needs to happen in the design process.

100% agreed. :clap:goodpost::exactly:

11008423_1535920689961958_7806528452148303093_n.jpg

10501733_1535920783295282_2106125714312883036_n.jpg

11129328_1535920896628604_7138574549469957147_n.jpg

11133747_1535921033295257_1993374491330814091_n.jpg

11157441_1535921099961917_4938263771871592587_o.jpg

Man, why was archangel moved to the elbow? Makes this Dio even bigger. :dunno :thud:

Man, why was archangel moved to the elbow? Makes this Dio even bigger. :dunno :thud:

I was so excited for this dio update, this didn't occur to me. You're right, it does make this taller now overall. And the Sentinel is standing a bit taller now, too. Oh man, that changes my display plan a bit.

Whatever happen to the ss sentinel maquette? If we ever get a big sale on it I may want one. But not for 900.00 shipped. Lol. If we ever get a sideshow coupon for 10% or more off the entire thing Please post! This XM version is looking so cool! Can't wait to see it completed!

I was so excited for this dio update, this didn't occur to me. You're right, it does make this taller now overall. And the Sentinel is standing a bit taller now, too. Oh man, that changes my display plan a bit.

I bet it's every bit of 40" tall now. Whatever plans people have for a coffee table plexi display is kaboshed. :slap

Back