Your latest DVD or Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't seen any of the DC movies, but the Killing Joke is up next, and that was one of my fave one-shots when I was a kid. Might try to snag the Target steel book, although it seems they're pretty scarce.

A day early, but I pre-ordered for in-store pick up at Best Buy the 4K/Blu-Ray/digital combo for The Revenant. A good place as any to start my 4K library...even though I don't have a 4K TV/player yet...

I haven't seen any of the DC movies, but the Killing Joke is up next, and that was one of my fave one-shots when I was a kid. Might try to snag the Target steel book, although it seems they're pretty scarce.

A day early, but I pre-ordered for in-store pick up at Best Buy the 4K/Blu-Ray/digital combo for The Revenant. A good place as any to start my 4K library...even though I don't have a 4K TV/player yet...

Only thing i have 4k ready is my receiver LOL

Justice League vs Teen Titans was all right. Better than Batman: Bad Blood, for sure. The Trigon stuff was pretty dark.

Looking forward to The Killing Joke for numerous reasons, one of which is that I hope it means more DCU Animated movies that aren't based on the New 52 poop.

Justice League vs Teen Titans was all right. Better than Batman: Bad Blood, for sure. The Trigon stuff was pretty dark.

Looking forward to The Killing Joke for numerous reasons, one of which is that I hope it means more DCU Animated movies that aren't based on the New 52 poop.

I think with rebrith coming, NEw 52 related things will finally die.

IMG_1176_zpsbmxijon3.jpg

:yess: :pray: :yess: :pray: :yess:

Part of the problem is that the animation has gotten increasingly crummy since they started making New 52 films. It's too... anime-like now. And cheap. More like the crappy Marvel animated shows of the 90s than the glory years of the animated DCU. They really need to step it up.

TDKR was pretty good, though. Killing Joke looks... okay, but should have looked MUCH better. That's as A-List as it gets and deserved the best animation possible.

I used to want to see a nice 2-3 part Kingdom Come adaptation. But the way it's been with these lately I don't want them going anywhere near it. :(

My bigger worry is how much worse Rebirth will get...DC made such a monumental muck up with New 52 that I've lost all faith in them finding their way back with Rebirth

:yess: :pray: :yess: :pray: :yess:

Part of the problem is that the animation has gotten increasingly crummy since they started making New 52 films. It's too... anime-like now. And cheap. More like the crappy Marvel animated shows of the 90s than the glory years of the animated DCU. They really need to step it up.

TDKR was pretty good, though. Killing Joke looks... okay, but should have looked MUCH better. That's as A-List as it gets and deserved the best animation possible.

I used to want to see a nice 2-3 part Kingdom Come adaptation. But the way it's been with these lately I don't want them going anywhere near it. :(

I still really want a 2 Part Sinestro Wars & a 3-4 parter Blackest Night/Brightest Day

2 of the best stories for Green Lantern & begging to be made into Animated movies.

I'd also like them to do Knightfall & also something Green Arrow related.

So much old stuff is ripe for doing but I don't think we'll ever see them now.

Neil

As a Collector it can be the little things. In this case Slip Cover’s. I don’t own Game of Thrones on blu ray and I thought my opportunity might be with the “Limited Time Offer” Season 1 & 2 for $24 CAN each in basic blue cases. I don’t mind the case but I wished they came with a Slip Cover. The lack of slipcover equalled a no purchase for me.

How many of you are like me that prefer a slip cover and at some points can be the deciding factor of a purchase?

As a Collector it can be the little things. In this case Slip Cover’s. I don’t own Game of Thrones on blu ray and I thought my opportunity might be with the “Limited Time Offer” Season 1 & 2 for $24 CAN each in basic blue cases. I don’t mind the case but I wished they came with a Slip Cover. The lack of slipcover equalled a no purchase for me.

How many of you are like me that prefer a slip cover and at some points can be the deciding factor of a purchase?

I do. If it's a nicer slip or steel book, I'll usually purchase it, even if it's more expensive.

Actually, I think the only "exclusive" slip cover Blu-Rays I've purchased are the Best Buy exclusive Game of Thrones house sigils.

As for steel books, I picked them up occasionally in the past, it's only recently that I've made the concerted effort to get the steel book version.

Current steel book collection (all Blu-Ray):

-The Hurt Locker (first Blu-Ray steel book I purchased...strangely enough, the steel book was DVD case sized)
-Batman Begins
-The Dark Knight
-The Dark Knight Rises
-Wrath of the Titans
-Transformers: Age of Extinction
-The Hunger Games
-Catching Fire
-Mockingjay Part 2 (missing Mockingjay Part 1 in steel, and that really irks me)
-Django Unchained (first exclusive Target release, not the re-issued wide release)
-The Hateful Eight
-Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation
-Elysium
-Interstellar
-Rise of the Planet of the Apes
-American Sniper
-Big Hero 6
-Thor: The Dark World
-Ant-Man
-Star Wars: The Force Awakens

I may have a few more, that's all I can remember off the top of my head.

Purchased the Target exclusive Creed steel book, but returned it after I decided to "cut down" on blind buying movies...I regret returning it.

Currently have 13 Hours, Batman v Superman, and Deadpool on pre-order for steel books. debating on whether or not to get 10 Cloverfield Lane (blind buy).

Kind of ticked that The Revenant didn't get the steel book treatment in the U.S.

The Revenant | Steelbook

It's a sickness...but I'm getting better! At least I'm not importing steels from overseas...yet. :lol

I do. If it's a nicer slip or steel book, I'll usually purchase it, even if it's more expensive.

Actually, I think the only "exclusive" slip cover Blu-Rays I've purchased are the Best Buy exclusive Game of Thrones house sigils.

As for steel books, I picked them up occasionally in the past, it's only recently that I've made the concerted effort to get the steel book version.

Current steel book collection (all Blu-Ray):

-The Hurt Locker (first Blu-Ray steel book I purchased...strangely enough, the steel book was DVD case sized)
-Batman Begins
-The Dark Knight
-The Dark Knight Rises
-Wrath of the Titans
-Transformers: Age of Extinction
-The Hunger Games
-Catching Fire
-Mockingjay Part 2 (missing Mockingjay Part 1 in steel, and that really irks me)
-Django Unchained (first exclusive Target release, not the re-issued wide release)
-The Hateful Eight
-Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation
-Elysium
-Interstellar
-Rise of the Planet of the Apes
-American Sniper
-Big Hero 6
-Thor: The Dark World
-Ant-Man
-Star Wars: The Force Awakens

I may have a few more, that's all I can remember off the top of my head.

Purchased the Target exclusive Creed steel book, but returned it after I decided to "cut down" on blind buying movies...I regret returning it.

Currently have 13 Hours, Batman v Superman, and Deadpool on pre-order for steel books. debating on whether or not to get 10 Cloverfield Lane (blind buy).

Kind of ticked that The Revenant didn't get the steel book treatment in the U.S.

The Revenant | Steelbook

It's a sickness...but I'm getting better! At least I'm not importing steels from overseas...yet. :lol

You really need that Gods of Egypt steelbook. :D

NO I DON'T, WEEN.

But it's so shiny and glossy.

Forgot about Resident Evil: Retribution and Snow White and the Huntsman in my steel collection. And I have Dawn of the Planet of the Apes in steel, not Rise.

NO I DON'T, WEEN.

But it's so shiny and glossy.

Forgot about Resident Evil: Retribution and Snow White and the Huntsman in my steel collection. And I have Dawn of the Planet of the Apes in steel, not Rise.

You have Resident Evil and Snow White and the Huntsman? Might as well get Gods of Egypt, it'll fit right in with those movies. ;)

Back