Your latest DVD or Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Traded them into FYE. I got about a $1 for each DVD, $5 for Disney DVDs. Honestly, it was not a good ROI based on what I paid for them, but I made a few hundred dollars just on volume alone. The DVDs would sit around the house, unwatched anyways.

If you have a FYE near you, and decide to go this route, call them ahead of time. Their petty cash for buy backs vary day by day. I think I got $295 or so in cash and another $100 or so in credit because they ran out of cash. They'll give you an extra 25% if you go with store credit.

The day I went in to trade in all my old DVDs, there actually was a dude that showed up ahead of me wanting to trade in four boxes of stuff as well. But he came in to check first, leaving his stuff in his car. I came in after him, but I had all my stuff with me, and therefore was bale to get the $295 in cash. He was stuck with store credit.

I go to Disc Replay. I believe they are only in Illinois. But they pay solid cash back. Their policies suck ****ing ass, but not bad. I sold a LE Doctor Who complete series on DVD for about 90 in cash. I bought it for like 50. I believe in store was about 100 ish or so. I hardly sell anything. I've only ever sold about 8 movies, and I gave 3 away for raffles during Spook.

Went to Best Buy and decided to get Revenant. Plus I got Elektra for 5 bucks. Had a 5 dollar coupon, so not bad. :lol

On the flipside of your Doctor Who anecdote, FYE was going to give me $5 for the complete series of The Wire. Needless to say, I still have this in my collection.

Previously, I sold old DVDs on Craigslist, but this was before Blu-Ray hit it's stride.

I go to Disc Replay. I believe they are only in Illinois. But they pay solid cash back. Their policies suck ****ing ass, but not bad. I sold a LE Doctor Who complete series on DVD for about 90 in cash. I bought it for like 50. I believe in store was about 100 ish or so. I hardly sell anything. I've only ever sold about 8 movies, and I gave 3 away for raffles during Spook.

Went to Best Buy and decided to get Revenant. Plus I got Elektra for 5 bucks. Had a 5 dollar coupon, so not bad. :lol

Disc Replay near Best Buy? Is this the one on Butterfield? I like them; decided to pick up a Sega Genesis while I was there and I just go to check out their games and posters. What about their policy didn't you like?

Disc Replay near Best Buy? Is this the one on Butterfield? I like them; decided to pick up a Sega Genesis while I was there and I just go to check out their games and posters. What about their policy didn't you like?

I go to the one on 59, and the the one in Bolingbrook when I am around that area. Used to go to that one by the BB, when I was at CoD.

Not a fan of the return policy. Only credit no money back? Sounds like bull. Have had a few things that didn't work, yet they only wanted to give credit, even if I dropped 50 to 100 bucks on their items..

Any pics of the Top Gun Steel??
I might needs me one of them ;)

Neil

Sure thing, bud!

20160508_065707[1].jpg

20160508_065730[1].jpg

Got the new Top Gun steel and Joy from Target.

Also got my Blomkamp trilogy set today, and just holding off til Deadpool.

We have similar buying habits. Got the Top Gun steel as well, but that was more of an impulse buy...at $12.99 with 20% off on Cartwheel, not bad for $10...but I think I'm going to return it. Not that big of a fan of the movie.

Previously purchased the Blomkamp trilogy, though I haven't opened it yet. It's the one that looks like a book, correct? I already had District 9 and Elysium, but Amazon had it for $19.99 as the deal of the day, so that was a no brainerr for Chappie.

One copy of the Deadpool steel is arriving today, and I have an in-store pick up tomorrow. Just hedging my bets to make sure I get an undamaged copy. Will return one, or maybe hold onto it as trade bait should the steel be limited.

Last edited:
We have similar buying habits. Got the Top Gun steel as well, but that was more of an impulse buy...at $12.99 with 20% off on Cartwheel, not bad for $20...but I think I'm going to return it. Not that big of a fan of the movie.

Previously purchased the Blomkamp trilogy, though I haven't opened it yet. It's the one that looks like a book, correct? I already had District 9 and Elysium, but Amazon had it for $19.99 as the deal of the day, so that was a no brainerr for Chappie.

One copy of the Deadpool steel is arriving today, and I have an in-store pick up tomorrow. Just hedging my bets to make sure I get an undamaged copy. Will return one, or maybe hold onto it as trade bait should the steel be limited.
:lol:lol:lol

Same exact lol. Yeah the Blomkamp was like 17.99. I never got the Chappie steel and Im not huge on BB D9 steel, and Elysium is way too expensive for my liking; so I got the triple pack. The digital code was a nice surprise, I had no idea.

I got TG for 12.99. It was an impulse and it's been ages since I've seen it, so I certainly don't mind.

I'm gonna grab my regular copy at Target tomorrow, plus I PO'd the steel at BB, so I'm gonna grab that and keep it sealed. As trade bait, like you mentioned lol.

Bunch of Scream Factory releases discounted right now. See www.Blu-ray.com.

I ordered Escape from New York, The Fog, and Darkman for 12.99 each from www.amazon.com.

Other discounted releases include:

Body Bags
Bordello of Blood
The Burning
Cat People
Class of 1984
Darkman
Day of the Dead
Demon Knight
Dog Soldiers
Dolls
Ginger Snaps
The Howling
Lord of Illusions
Motel Hell
Night of the Comet
Night of the Demons
The People Under the Stairs
Prison
Pumpkinhead
Shocker
Sleepaway Camp
Squirm

Yep this collecting of media is a guaranteed loss. Yet I still do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back