ZaCHw117's Collection and B/S thread HUGE UPDATE 4/16

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ZaCHw117's Collection/Hoodrat B/S thread UPDATE PG. 804

Yup, my reaction to the news as well. The mainstream don't watch these "announcements" it's hardcore gamers. Companies are just too cookie cutter to figure out that they should show games and specs, not Facebook and cable.

Well said bud- couldn't agree more. They should be showing footage of Watch Dogs and next gen graphics, not how I can update the world on my gaming progress. "Just got 2 headshots, beat level 5- LULZ"... 14 year olds will love it but what about the mature gamers?

Does it have a blu ray at least?

They're basically focusing on "the mainstream". In fact they showed off more TV/social networking etc. then games. PS4 is the way to go if your a gamer who enjoys to play games on your game console. :lol

Everyone's jumping the Xbox ship and climbing aboard the PS ship, but I don't believe it. Xbox has always matched or beaten PS in games performance, despite PS having superior specs. But this time the lack of attention to hardcore gamers is ridiculous. I'll still get one just for Halo 5 and 6 alone, but I won't have trouble waiting for the price to go down/until they fix all the launch problems. Their tactics are obvious with the announcement, but now I'm hoping they'll showcase the gaming side of the machine at E3. At the moment theirs no incentive to switch over to PS.

Agreed. I know it will be a powerful console. The problem is, when is Microsoft going to let devs use that power. The Xbox 360 JUST barely reached it's true potential.

Everyone's jumping the Xbox ship and climbing aboard the PS ship, but I don't believe it. Xbox has always matched or beaten PS in games performance, despite PS having superior specs. But this time the lack of attention to hardcore gamers is ridiculous. I'll still get one just for Halo 5 and 6 alone, but I won't have trouble waiting for the price to go down/until they fix all the launch problems. Their tactics are obvious with the announcement, but now I'm hoping they'll showcase the gaming side of the machine at E3. At the moment theirs no incentive to switch over to PS.

Did you see the pre-order price at EB Games? $899. :thud:

My first reaction as well. Until I realized that was just their placeholder price.

how the **** do you post a poll?

When you start a new thread, there's an option at the bottom to include a poll.

Guys, do you think I should upgrade my HT Mark VI for the new VII?

IMG_4204.jpg

6a853733gw1e4zdskh4mmj20t813dthm.jpg

Agreed. I know it will be a powerful console. The problem is, when is Microsoft going to let devs use that power. The Xbox 360 JUST barely reached it's true potential.

Xbox has always had the perfect hardware for devs to work with, resulting in some beautiful looking games.

When you start a new thread, there's an option at the bottom to include a poll.

Guys, do you think I should upgrade my HT Mark VI for the new VII?

IMG_4204.jpg

6a853733gw1e4zdskh4mmj20t813dthm.jpg

I like the MKVII more, and will personally be getting one. The MK VI is pretty awesome though.

Xbox has always had the perfect hardware for devs to work with, resulting in some beautiful looking games.

Yeah, but look at it's last couple console exclusives, GOW: Judgement and Halo 4. Both were pretty damn visually impressive. But nothing that made you just stop and go "wow" like you would when playing Uncharted or Heavy Rain.

Cross gen games look about the same on xbox as they do to PS3, the exclusives the last couple years for the box have just been "meh" IMO. I believe that's because Microsoft has been pushing this whole "family friendly" multimedia device and dumping all their $$ into that.

Funny thing is Ever since 1994, PS has always had a next-gen streak of 6 years almost.

1994 Ps1
2000 Ps2
2005-2006 Ps3
2012-2013 Ps4

Tbh I really don't care that much on next-gen **** and I just bought my Ps3 in 2011 so yeah... Sucks that ya finally get a popular gaming device and then everyone says, "Oh look ps4!" then servers are empty for ps3 games unless ya like playing kids. Honestly I really think $ony should have stuck it out for at least two more years. Just my opinion.

It seems like Sony is gonna be focused on the PS3 for the next couple months pretty heavily. Look at they're line up of games for 2013. It's insane how many great new IP's are coming out in the next few months.

I got my PS3 in November, so all of these companies are gonna have to really push some new games for me to go out and buy one within the first year it releases.

I'm getting the Xbox One straight away & then maybe the Ps4 later down the line. There looking awesome

The 360 & Ps3 are far from dead though

Yeah, but look at it's last couple console exclusives, GOW: Judgement and Halo 4. Both were pretty damn visually impressive. But nothing that made you just stop and go "wow" like you would when playing Uncharted or Heavy Rain.

Cross gen games look about the same on xbox as they do to PS3, the exclusives the last couple years for the box have just been "meh" IMO. I believe that's because Microsoft has been pushing this whole "family friendly" multimedia device and dumping all their $$ into that.

That's exactly right. Unfortunately, GOW and Halo only appeal to the hardcore fans, rather than the mass population who prefers to see new IP's and new styles of gameplay, which is how you you would describe Heavy Rain and Last of Us.

However, Microsoft has promised more first party games, which is exactly what they need to compete with the gaming side of the PS4. Here's hoping the exclusives aren't just a bunch of new kinect games :slap

I'm fine with Microsoft putting the One forward as an entertainment machine as well as a gaming console, because half the time I'm using my 360 to watch movies/TV shows. However, what they need to really grab my attention is some strong new IP's and a steady lineup of games going into next year (as well as a 2014 release date for Halo 5:yess:)

PS4 is already going to have that. Last of us 2, Uncharted 4, Killzone 4, Infamous 4 etc. (note the '4' after all of these, putting them on the same level as Halo and GOW)

That's exactly right. Unfortunately, GOW and Halo only appeal to the hardcore fans, rather than the mass population who prefers to see new IP's and new styles of gameplay, which is how you you would describe Heavy Rain and Last of Us.

However, Microsoft has promised more first party games, which is exactly what they need to compete with the gaming side of the PS4. Here's hoping the exclusives aren't just a bunch of new kinect games :slap

I'm fine with Microsoft putting the One forward as an entertainment machine as well as a gaming console, because half the time I'm using my 360 to watch movies/TV shows. However, what they need to really grab my attention is some strong new IP's and a steady lineup of games going into next year (as well as a 2014 release date for Halo 5:yess:)

PS4 is already going to have that. Last of us 2, Uncharted 4, Killzone 4, Infamous 4 etc. (note the '4' after all of these, putting them on the same level as Halo and GOW)

Agreed with all of it except the bold.

I'd say Halo/CoD/GOW/Uncharted etc are for the mainstream now, they're the games that sell consoles. Games like LOU, Heavy Rain, Watch Dogs etc. Are aiming for the hardcore group of gamers. Some people don't even buy games if it doesn't have multiplayer.

Tbh Uncharted 4 sounds like a okay idea and to comment earlier on U3, even though I know ya loved the game. I feel the story was very lacking and call me strange but I'm just one of those people who like iconic stuff. The ring, his fake name ntm ps2 gen horses kinda ruined it for me and I'm a diehard Uncharted Fan. And honestly Drake's ring being missing is like Indy's hat being missing... Which btw, did ya ever finally see Raider of the Lost Ark? I think Flosi mentioned ya hadn't seen it yet.

Not yet, it's like trying to find the rarest dank of all time. No one wants to sell it to you! :lol

Back