►► Jkno's Imperial collection ◄◄

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jkno's Imperial collection from Transylvania

My converted Sterling is now almost finished :), with real Eagle Hengstler, genuine M-40 scope (next week a M-38 arrives too), accurate T-tracks, and the new cylinders:

sterlingstormtrooperbla.jpg

The 2 cylinders sets I got from Joerg, the one with dual small capacitors (left) and the one with 3 holes (right) arrived. In the one with the 3 holes I added the newly found screen accurate small capacitors I received from a good friend after painting them, they are just attached with their wires and no glue or anything else, so if I want to reposition them or take them off, it can be done in seconds.

The entire ensemble is connected to the blaster with 2 flat and powerful rare earth magnets (glued to the cylinders and painted black), thus I can exchange between the two options and also change the position of the cylinders if want to - too bad Master Replicas didn't add some of these greeblies to their version of the Stormtrooper blaster, it would have been so much better:

cylindersstormtrooperbl.jpg

Very awesome display with all the extras added and congrats! It just shows that if you put in the time, you can achieve something amazing! Excellent job my friend! :clap :clap :clap

Congrats my friend, very AWESOME ;)

Very awesome display with all the extras added and congrats! It just shows that if you put in the time, you can achieve something amazing! Excellent job my friend! :clap :clap :clap

WOW! I Really Dig your attention to detail; Sergui and Congrats

Thanks a lot DS, Firebird and Colossus! :1-1: It's so cool how I get more feedback on here SSF :bow, than on a prop forum, where people should be more interested in such things like accuracy of a prop. Thanks again my friends, you are great! :duff

Snif snif... A beer for a bear?

Han han... Of couse I'm late one more time! Pfff :lol

Looking fantastic bud. :hi5:

Snif snif... A beer for a bear?

Han han... Of couse I'm late one more time! Pfff :lol

True SW fan.

Thanks a lot my friends :hi5:

I'm glad in a way this blaster is almost finished. It is now way more accurate than the Master Replicas Stormtrooper blaster, this one using mostly original parts and not just replicas: the deactivated MK4 L2A3 Sterling itself (which is a beauty on its own), accurate t-tracks (Gino type and also have Marv/Sskunky type), real M-40 tank scope, real Hengstler counter (the rare and accurate Eagle version) and of course cylinders with accurate capacitors.

I'll be receiving a M-38 scope soon and thus will have the option of using the current M-40 or the new M-38, especially since replacing a scope takes less than a minute. This blaster is now one of my favorite items in my entire collection, knowing about the work myself and some good friends and professionals put into it.

Special thanks to Tim B., Neil Ellis, Cking, Rob K. and the others that helped with ideas, labor, and various accurate and genuine parts! :bow Thanks for everything guys!

For the real prop collectors only: the original M-38 tank scope arrived. Depending on the type of E-11 Stormtrooper blaster they used various real tank scopes: M-38, M-40 and even M-19. Now on my Sterling there is the M-40 and I have this M-38 as backup - easily replaceable, there are just 2 screws there connecting them to the scope rail. There are very small visual differences between M-40 and M-38. Both are made of solid brass, they come from the Sherman tanks from WW2, and are quite expensive and rare. Many times they come with the entire targeting assembly, and you need to take off that part, and have just the scope and the 2 original brass screws for the blaster itself. Accuracy of the E-11 at its max! :)

m38scope01.jpg

m38scope08.jpg

m38scope10.jpg

WOW, awesome Detail, great job my friend !

WOW, awesome Detail, great job my friend !

WOW! is that a Spotter Scope? Sergui

Wow that is a nice prop Sergiu. Congrats
23lo1vr.gif

Thank you my friends. :hi5:

e11lucas.jpg

and look at no. #31 in the pic below :) :

shermanh.jpg

And below a pic of an original screen used Stormtrooper blaster from ANH & ESB (helmet is ESB only, but most likely it was an ANH used helmet with black repainted frown) - see its scope:

stormtrooperbyjaytigran.jpg

After seeing that last Pic, I now see how it is applied to the weapon, Very Cool; Sergui

After seeing that last Pic, I now see how it is applied to the weapon, Very Cool; Sergui

The idea is that I already have a genuine M-40 tank scope with is 99% identical to the M-38 and also used on Star Wars blasters, but got the last one since I had a great deal on it. :) They usually go for over $100.

Back