1/6 Facepool - WWII US Marine Corps Mortar Team (Eugene Sledge, Pacific)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking of getting one of each, but in the end decided to get two special editions as the six extra arms look to be good value, depending on their compatibility with other bodies, when compared to similar offerings from other companies.

Good points and the price difference is just $23.

One thing to keep in mind is that unfortunately, FacePool's paint apps on the head sculpts are not great. The difference between proto and prod are quite noticeable. While not necessarily bad, they just do not do justice to the underlying sculpts.

Facepool announced some amendments:

Thank you for your corrections, Dahuo will update the shape of the carbine barrel, sight, and magazine

100328hbsba4bs556csn4g.jpg

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=394699&extra=&page=1&_dsign=55c611b0

Last edited:

Facepoolfigure

star_filled_24_fds-gray-70.png
Favourites · 11 m ·

We are excited to share some latest progress on FP013 USMC Mortar Team. The first batch is estimate to ship around the end of this month.

The main change in production is we decide to switch to a lighter and lower saturation olive drab color for the P41 uniform, this will differentiate from the darker color used by US Army, and will better represent the worn out effect in the film.

We are also releasing the second member along with the 60mm Mortar set soon, stay tuned and happy collecting!

F1.jpg
F2.jpg
F3.jpg
F4.jpg
F5.jpg
F6.jpg
F7.jpg
F8.jpg
F9.jpg
F10.jpg

After a mass of Germans it's nice to be getting something different... and tropical.

But Sledgehammer will have to wait a while for Snafu to bring up the mortar.

Estimate Release Date: 2025 2nd quarter

:impatient:

Waiting for Kit to receive his stock of Sledgehammers so I can start bashing my figures. :hammerhead:

I took the BAR, M1937 BAR belt, bandolier and machete off one of my Ujindou First Special Service Force figures yesterday to turn the second Sledgehammer into a BAR gunner, and will give the FSSF guy the USMC belt, M1 Carbine and pouch.

Last edited:
A point of interest, rather than a complaint unless you're hoping for a screen accurate Sledge Hammer...

According to IMFDB in The Pacific Eugene received a Colt New Service .45 revolver from his family:

ColtModel1909Army.jpg

The revolver included with the Facepool figure is referred to as an M1917, and this is the only image I could find of it in the photos released so far:

Facepool FP013 USMC Sledgehammer revolver.jpg

While there was an M1917 version of the Colt New Service, the shape of the cylinder release and the forward housing for the ejector rod on the Facepool revolver indicate that it's a Smith & Wesson M1917 rather than a Colt M1917:

US_S_&_W45_M_1917_Revolver.jpg

M1917_revolver.jpg

Did Facepool issue a S&W M1917 with a previous figure, and simply reuse the old mould?

A point of interest, rather than a complaint unless you're hoping for a screen accurate Sledge Hammer...

According to IMFDB in The Pacific Eugene received a Colt New Service .45 revolver from his family:

View attachment 717889

The revolver included with the Facepool figure is referred to as an M1917, and this is the only image I could find of it in the photos released so far:

View attachment 717890

While there was an M1917 version of the Colt New Service, the shape of the cylinder release and the forward housing for the ejector rod on the Facepool revolver indicate that it's a Smith & Wesson M1917 rather than a Colt M1917:

View attachment 717892

View attachment 717891

Did Facepool issue a S&W M1917 with a previous figure, and simply reuse the old mould?
Facepool did a revolver for the Wardaddy Fury figure not sure if it's the same one though it might be and just be reused.

On a brief aside, Jack Huston aka "Richard Harrow" from Boardwalk Empire used a M1917 during his run on the show. IMHO, a really fantastic character. Present Toys is releasing a Harrow at some point and it's one of my few "must haves" in the past few years of showcases and teased releases. This revolver is a nice addition to arm him further. I have the rest of Harrow's weapons bookmarked, and I recognize it will be a huge PITA to try to find all of them he used on the show, at least the ones made, but these kind of releases give you a fighting chance.

As I've said before, movies and TV shows are our best bet to get more unique/never made/lesser made guns in our hobby. No one is going to make arcane guns just to make them, not anymore, maybe back in the old salad days of DML. But attached to a license or a clear license rip, the brands don't even think about it, they just look at reference photos and pump them out.

Just some thoughts. Thanks for all the background information you've provided in this thread.

It's Hammer time.

IMG_3161.JPG
IMG_3162.JPG
IMG_3163.JPG

IMG_3168.JPG

Confirmation that it's a Smith & Wesson M1917:

IMG_3165.JPG
IMG_3166.JPG

The tiny lighter with opening lid:

IMG_3167.JPG

The box has four sections which have been plugged up with foam, where the hands would be in the regular edition.

The deluxe only has the option to use seamless arms.

Some suggestions that may save you time and frustration...

I started putting together figure #2 first, which is going to be a BAR gunner.

I'm using the sculpt, BAR and M1937 BAR ammunition belt from the Ujindou UD9031 First Special Service Force figure.

Spent an age tightening up the belts and straps to fit the slimmer clothed Marine, then attached the Facepool first aid kit and water bottles. There were no more spare belt holes for the entrenching tool, and I realised looking at the photos that it attaches to the backpack.

That's when the major frustration started! :lol

Facepool FP013 USMC Sledgehammer (11).jpg

I wasted so much time trying to get the hooks into the eyelets on the top of the backpack. The second hook just wouldn't slot into the hole. I had to resort to using pliers to compress the hooks closer together, because the eyelets are set too close together. It finally connected, but the problems didn't end there.

The next step is feeding the poncho through the loop on the top of the backpack. That loop is much smaller than the ones on the sides. Squeezing and holding the poncho as tight as possible, feeding it through the loop stretched it to such an extent that the metal end cap on the strap came off and the strap pulled out of the buckle.

:angryfist:

Luckily the strap fed back through quite easily, and the cap can be opened up, replaced and clamped tight again with pliers.

Though there's still the problem of getting the poncho through. :unsure:

A cunning plan came to mind: wire food bag ties.

I wrapped three ties around the poncho and twisted them to compress it so that it passed easily through the narrow loop, and kept them on until I'd tighhtened all three straps.

The curious thing at the end of all that is that the production poncho seems much narrower than in the promo photo. It's barely lower than the bottom edge of backpack on the sides. In the promo photo it was almost as long again as the backpack.

The seamless arms are well designed. Unlike Toys Era's TLOU Joel, they attach easily and can be futzed into positions that don't seem possible at first.

They're made from a soft, pliable plastic, which both helps with attaching and with manipulating the fingers to hold a weapon they weren't specifically designed for.

This is my figure #2, with Ujindou's First Special Service Force sculpt, BAR, M1937 BAR ammunition belt, machete and bandolier. To remove the leggings I unplugged his boot and worked the stirrup strap forward over the toe of the boot. Didn't have to undo anything on them.

IMG_3184.JPG
IMG_3185.JPG
IMG_3186.JPG

Before starting on Sledge himself I used leftover parts from the BAR gunner on the Ujindou FSSF: M1 carbine, carbine ammunition pouch, carbine ammunition bag, belt and suspenders. The carbine pouch hides the 'MC' of the 'USMC' printed on the belt:

IMG_3190.JPG

IMG_3192.JPG
IMG_3191.JPG

Back