1/6 Hot Toys – MMS – Back to the Future Part II: Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS – Back to the Future Part II: Marty McFly Collectible Figure

They released 6,500 or something like that, and people are pissed they didn't get one lol. It's fuggin comical the reaction to this. I hope Pepsi does absolutely nothing and just ignores it. People are way too entitled these days. And I didn't snag one, just fyi. The Ebay price is also hysterical.

Agreed, the Amazon negative reviews are also pretty entertaining.

Agreed, the Amazon negative reviews are also pretty entertaining.

That and as said before the eBay prices... WOW. If anyone really wants one why wouldn't they wait until the hype dies down along with the price? Pepsi would have made bank though by making this available for a limited time, not limited #. I'd expect them to release again and/or there being being a third party release eventually

That and as said before the eBay prices... WOW. If anyone really wants one why wouldn't they wait until the hype dies down along with the price?

Hype is at an all-time high, not enough sane people to wait it out, at least for now. Prices were getting low after the NYCC hype settled down, but now that they're sold out (presumably), it shot up again. Maybe once people get them in-hand, and today is over with, it'll settle down.

They released 6,500 or something like that, and people are pissed they didn't get one lol. It's fuggin comical the reaction to this. I hope Pepsi does absolutely nothing and just ignores it. People are way too entitled these days. And I didn't snag one, just fyi. The Ebay price is also hysterical.

Most of the time, it's not how many are made, but how the release was handled

Most of the time, it's not how many are made, but how the release was handled

I agree the release was bungled, I just think that people in this hobby are used to things selling out fast and we have a reasonable expectation of what its like going up against a major fandom of people. Same thing for shoes, and in both of those hobbies we have people/forums helping us out with info and links on how to get limited items (just like Spooktacular coming up). I think a majority of people thought they'd just be available to add to cart and it'd be easy. I know the shoe forum got pretty lit up when the early links started popping up.

:lol Excellent^^

Interesting point about Marty and Jennifer travelling into the future, never thought about that.

Marty and Jennifer in the future, plus their kids, only points to the fact that although they "left" 1985, they did eventually return.
If they got there and there was no future Marty and Jennifer, then the conclusion would be that they never made it back.
The ripple effect in the movies could be blamed for the apparent incongruity.
Events stay as they were before, even in the face of change, until the change is irreparable.
If not, the instant they arrived in 1985-C in BTTF2(From 2015, with Doc dropping off Marty and going to dismantle the Delorean), the Delorean would instantly disappear as in that time frame, Doc had been committed and would never have built the time machine.

Does anyone think that this will get an Ex as well?

ssc.jpg

Can't wait. Doc or no doc, I'm in for whatever this line produces.

I'll probably still get this, but I find it amazing that HT is giving us 2 Marty figures and a DeLorean (possibly even 2 DeLoreans) before Doc. I still think we will get Doc, but I'm shocked they are taking so long.

Like someone else stated, for me the dislike of the situation is how poorly they handled it. If they came out and said 'they'll be available at x time at x website' there wouldn't have been a problem.

CR3DEpRUwAEoVUu.jpg

Another charity auction release for the power laced Air Mags. Fu@K Fu@k Fu@k:mad:

I'll probably still get this, but I find it amazing that HT is giving us 2 Marty figures and a DeLorean (possibly even 2 DeLoreans) before Doc. I still think we will get Doc, but I'm shocked they are taking so long.

I'll be more shocked if they do make him. It's Hot Toys and this isn't Marvel or Star Wars.

I'll be more shocked if they do make him. It's Hot Toys and this isn't Marvel or Star Wars.

Yeah. You could be right. I'm just trying to remain optimistic, but it's harder to do as more and more time passes and no hint of Doc.

Back