1/6 Hot Toys – MMS – Back to the Future Part II: Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS – Back to the Future Part II: Marty McFly Collectible Figure

What doesn't light up in the film?

The 2015 nike shoes. The ones Nike released did light up, most likely just to add a little more awesome to the shoe.

Yeah I'm not really sure about the exclusive on this either if there is one. The handlebars for the Hoverboard wouldn't be a bad idea. Most of the things I can think of that he'd come with are accessories he should have. It appears he has the main things you'd think of like the almanac with the bag, the hat, the Nike bag, the Hoverboard, the USA Today, and the Pepsi Perfect bottle.

I thought of a couple more things. Biffs book of matches and/or the George Mcfly paper article and maybe the bin he burns the almanac in too. But then again, those would go better with the "inconspicuous" Marty

He might not like the idea of somebody playing with a mini version of him?

Doubt it. I would expect he would of had to sign off on those awful 80's style retro figures that came out a while back. Im kinda hoping he will be a DX release and that the hold up is because they are working on something that will be pretty freaking awesome. Maybe he will come with Einstein and he will be made with real hair which could pose problems. However, since Christopher Lloyd does a lot of BTTF things I doubt he would be the reason why there has been no hint from HT of a Doc. Who knows, we may get 2 separate release Docs in a short period of time.

The nike logos light up. But obviously not on the hoverboard scenes.

The nike logos light up. But obviously not on the hoverboard scenes.

My point is, they didnt light up like these. So I doubt they will light up on the HT

BAck-to-the-future-2-311345.jpg

Liking what I see of the new headsculpt.

And :lol at the idea of HT making a Clara. She was so freaking annoying in that movie. I wish Marty and Doc would have let her fly into the ravine.

My point is, they didnt light up like these. So I doubt they will light up on the HT

View attachment 218862

They absolutely light up in the film - go back and watch the scene when he gets out of the Delorean in Hilldale again. They are clearly light on the sides and on the strap. Also, the picture you posted aren't even the real Mags - those are knockoff Chinese replicas. The "NIKE" on the strap lights up on the real Mags.

Liking what I see of the new headsculpt.

And :lol at the idea of HT making a Clara. She was so freaking annoying in that movie. I wish Marty and Doc would have let her fly into the ravine.

Agreed!

Nevertheless it could have been worse. Today she would have been portraid by Megan Fox. :lol

Sculpt looks great but will we ever get doc? Cmon hot toys!!!!!

They absolutely light up in the film - go back and watch the scene when he gets out of the Delorean in Hilldale again. They are clearly light on the sides and on the strap. Also, the picture you posted aren't even the real Mags - those are knockoff Chinese replicas. The "NIKE" on the strap lights up on the real Mags.
Except don't really light up at all throughout the movie.

The only shot you see the Nike logo light up is when he first puts them on. After that it's just non-lit the entire time. The sides never light up.

22224405138_33feeb669c_c.jpg

22225309829_d8cb799e9f_c.jpg

22412117225_319be27760_c.jpg

22412116655_1288b7f8f1_c.jpg

Anyone know how they got those shoes to work in the film back then?

Yeh. His foot was on a fake board of cement and someone was pulling cable below to suck the laces down.

The lights were just a power pack on back of the shoe.

It's gonna really suck tryin' to get around if the new Nikes come with a slab of tarmac and four guys. . . No wonder they're so blinkin' expensive! :monkey3

If we only get one Doc, I hope it's a 1985 Doc.

I'm starting to think that BTTF II Doc might be the one we get. If it is his look from the end of I, it'd be then the look from beginning of II and functional with either Marty release.

Either way, I couldn't get the BTTF I Marty but I'm definitely getting this one (and going back for I) and love what I'm seeing so far.

Here's a pic of the aforementioned scene where you can see the shoes lit up on the bottoms
marty.jpg

Last edited:

Here's a pic of the aforementioned scene where you can see the shoes lit up on the bottoms
View attachment 218919

never noticed it before. I guess they only work at night and yet another thing they predicted that became true, albeit in childrens shoes.

I'm starting to think that BTTF II Doc might be the one we get. If it is his look from the end of I, it'd be then the look from beginning of II and functional with either Marty release.

Either way, I couldn't get the BTTF I Marty but I'm definitely getting this one (and going back for I) and love what I'm seeing so far.

As i said before, they could be going for the posters look. Marty 1 and delorean 1. then release marty 2 and delorean 2 and reveal 2015 doc at some point. Its possible that when HT announced and put up to the PO for marty 1 and the delorean mk1 that they heard the fans crying for the 2015 marty and car more than the part 1 editions, so they decided not to do a part 1 Doc and will just go straight for the 2015 incarnation instead.

Back