1/6 Hot Toys - Deadpool & Wolverine - Wolverine (Regular & Deluxe Ver) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know if it's cheaper to buy it from Sideshow or BBTS if living in the U.S.? Both versions are $15 more expensive at BBTS, but BBTS has $4 shipping.

Wow can’t remember the last time there was this much universal acclaim for an announcement from hot toys. This looks incredible and my preorder has been placed!

Anyone know if it's cheaper to buy it from Sideshow or BBTS if living in the U.S.? Both versions are $15 more expensive at BBTS, but BBTS has $4 shipping.

Cheaper with SS since BBTS charges a little extra. Don’t fall for the $4 shipping, they will send via DHL and your package will stay in their facility for weeks before they deliver it. If you were to order through BBTS, I would upgrade the shipping to FedEx or UPS.

Technically the cheapest to get it is through Alter Ego Comics since they don’t charge tax and shipping is never over $14 bucks. Figure hasn’t dropped at Atler Ego yet though.

It evens out. You still get taxed from Sideshow/BBTS and shipping from Sideshow is roughly $20, depending on where you are. You get reward points from Sideshow so SS is probably better.

I think BBTS will be cheaper for you too, unless you have any rewards. Plus they already pack it really well. No need to get it double-boxed.

Cheaper with SS since BBTS charges a little extra. Don’t fall for the $4 shipping, they will send via DHL and your package will stay in their facility for weeks before they deliver it. If you were to order through BBTS, I would upgrade the shipping to FedEx or UPS.

Technically the cheapest to get it is through Alter Ego Comics since they don’t charge tax and shipping is never over $14 bucks. Figure hasn’t dropped at Atler Ego yet though.
Alter ego don't charge Tax bro? That's cool.

Last edited:
Alter ego don't charge Tax bro? That's cool
I don't get charged tax from them or from Timewalker toys. However, if you live in the states they're located in, then you will get charged tax. I always order from either of those shops unless I want an exclusive or they're sold out and then have to go through sideshow

I don't get charged tax from them or from Timewalker toys. However, if you live in the states they're located in, then you will get charged tax. I always order from either of those shops unless I want an exclusive or they're sold out and then have to go through sideshow
Thanks bro. How's their customer service when it comes to defected items/replacements?

Thanks bro. How's their customer service when it comes to defected items/replacements?
Haven't had to deal with it for Timewalker, but with AlterEgo, they're fantastic. I went through 4 Sideshow Man of Steel PFs, and 3 defective Sideshow 1/6 R2D2 and AlterEgo was able to continue working for me until I got one without defects. The only problem is, the replacement process is a little longer b/c they're your middle man so to speak. You reach out to your retailer, and then they reach out to Sideshow. And, Sideshow is a little more picky I've noticed when it comes to retailer returns/replacements vs when you buy direct. But, I can't say enough good things about AlterEGo. They've been my go to place for almost 10years now I think.

This figure does look flippin incredible... but I do worry about another big downgrade like we got with the last Jackman sculpt...
I’m just hoping to god they don’t f this up like they did with the DoFP Head sculpt when mass produced cause that was awful
I really don't understand why this is a universally held belief; the figure they shipped looks like the prototype images :dunno

396670-4754B373-A501-4EFD-B107-9372326E7892.jpeg

Photo by choombaz

500255-IMG-2825.jpeg

Deluxe preorder secured from Sideshow! That was one of the easiest/quickest figures I've ever purchased... Can't wait for this release.

Haven't had to deal with it for Timewalker, but with AlterEgo, they're fantastic. I went through 4 Sideshow Man of Steel PFs, and 3 defective Sideshow 1/6 R2D2 and AlterEgo was able to continue working for me until I got one without defects. The only problem is, the replacement process is a little longer b/c they're your middle man so to speak. You reach out to your retailer, and then they reach out to Sideshow. And, Sideshow is a little more picky I've noticed when it comes to retailer returns/replacements vs when you buy direct. But, I can't say enough good things about AlterEGo. They've been my go to place for almost 10years now I think.
Thanks a lot brother 🙂 really appreciate the detailed information. Gonna try ordering Deadpool from them now haha 😃

I really don't understand why this is a universally held belief; the figure they shipped looks like the prototype images :dunno
The headsculpt simply isn't as sharp as the proto. There's noticeably less defined skin texture and hair detailing in the production piece. The paint apps are also not at the level of the proto, but that is standard across most 1/6 companies. But the "downgrade" seems to be getting more and more noticeable than before due to how good the prototype sculpts are getting. Even with the recent Kenobi Vader - the damage on the helmet itself is nowhere near as detailed as it was on the prototype, but softened up quite a bit on the production piece instead.

EDIT: that said, there is and always will be a certain level that gets picked up more in the eyes/in hand vs how things are perceived in a photo. I've been on both sides where at times, a figure really is much better in hand than any photos made them out to be and then there are other times where photos were right on the money.

Last edited:
The headsculpt simply isn't as sharp as the proto. There's noticeably less defined skin texture and hair detailing in the production piece. The paint apps are also not at the level of the proto, but that is standard across most 1/6 companies. But the "downgrade" seems to be getting more and more noticeable than before due to how good the prototype sculpts are getting. Even with the recent Kenobi Vader - the damage on the helmet itself is nowhere near as detailed as it was on the prototype, but softened up quite a bit on the production piece instead.
Not to mention the wider head. Although granted it wasn't really a great sculpt to begin with, especially when judged against this new one.

You need to look case by case. BBTS is $4 shipping but usually bakes shipping they aren't charging for into cost of item. I think its already been answered here relative to this item but I buy collectibles both places. BBTS does a better job packing (double box) so everything I get from them is clean vs. SS who will send raw unless you pay for double box and that is hard to remember when it isn't offered at PO stage. So if brown shippers or art box condition matters to you for resale consider that. Also SS has rewards that needs to figure in and both places have excellent post sales CS so that's a push from my experience perhaps. Sometimes either place charges a lot more more than you can get other reputable peeps running resale of collectible through various storefronts (search the forums).

Thanks a lot brother 🙂 really appreciate the detailed information. Gonna try ordering Deadpool from them now haha 😃
Happy to help :duff One thing to keep in mind, when I mentioned that they don't charge tax, I only meant for US based customers. Not sure if you are in the US or overseas, so just make sure before you order. If you're overseas, they probably declare full value which would result in VAT/Taxes most likley

Back