1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah... that's not a particularly good job IMHO...
Too bad, the first pics I saw of his work on Ripley looked absolutely phenomenal.

I was thinking Brian May.

But i actually would rather the figure had that hair. If the figure came with the hair as shown on the last page it would be a huge improvement over the tar thats currently on her head.

IMG_6624.jpg

Plastic hair or not, I see Sigourney Weaver there.

The more i see the rooted hair the more i think i’ll keep my figure as is. Its nice work but it looks.....off.

Got Ripley in hand at last.

Had to use a magnifying glass to find Jones in the tray.

What were HT thinking? That's got to be closer to 1/12 dolls house scale than 1/6!

Ripley herself ought to be 12" tall including her shoes, but she's only around 11.5".

Judging by the length of the suit legs in relation to the shoes, you should be able to gain a bit of height using Kit's 1/2" extension pieces.

13881496_ori.jpg

Test shot to check adjusted height:

23963773377_127b9f3246_z.jpg

This is with a pair of Kit's 1/2" hexagonal ankle extenders attached to the leg ball joints. I shaved off the corners and pushed them down into the shoes without using a lower peg. They raise the bottoms of the jumpsuit legs to the tops of the shoes, which is where they ought to be. I also raised her head up a little because she looked a bit squat.

alien-movie-screencaps.com-5560.jpg

I'm considering selling mine to finance an 4k TV. Anyone interested?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup this is exactly what I did. Used the same pend from Kit you did and also extended her neck which was bizarrely short. Pretty easy to do you just pull out her inner neck plug with plairs and put some white tack in the head and pop the plug back in and attach as usual.

I love that white astronaut there. Non movie figures are not something I usually buy due to having way too many figures to collect random stuff too but I'm tempted by that.

IMG_8669.jpgIMG_8670.jpg

all in all I'd give Ripley a 2.5/4

Most issues on a new figure since old Luke.

- Wrong body type
- way too short
- almost nonexistent paint detailing on the face sculpt
- really bad looking hair
- weak likeness in the sculpt
- metal badge just painted on
- ugly as hell looking cat sculpt. I've seen 2 dollar rubber cuts that look better
- way under-scaled cat
- tricky collar on the white shirt... it just won't sit well
- neck way way too short

Back