1/6 Hot Toys - HONŌ STUDIO - Marvels X-Men - Wolverine (Brown Suit) Limited Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got this email late last night but when I click the preorder it says it can’t be ordered right now
Congratulations!
You have the opportunity to purchase your waitlisted product, Wolverine (Brown Suit) Action Figure from Honō Studio for a limited time! Act quickly as quantities are limited for this item. Fulfillment is on a first come, first served basis, and a piece is not guaranteed. Make sure to log into your account before trying to make your purchase. You have until Aug 11th, 2024 at 11:59pm PDT to place your order (while supplies last).

Do they send out multiple emails per waitlist item? Why do they say till the 11th if it’s going to get snagged by someone else in 5 min? I don’t think waitlist used to work like this.

Got this email late last night but when I click the preorder it says it can’t be ordered right now
Congratulations!
You have the opportunity to purchase your waitlisted product, Wolverine (Brown Suit) Action Figure from Honō Studio for a limited time! Act quickly as quantities are limited for this item. Fulfillment is on a first come, first served basis, and a piece is not guaranteed. Make sure to log into your account before trying to make your purchase. You have until Aug 11th, 2024 at 11:59pm PDT to place your order (while supplies last).

Do they send out multiple emails per waitlist item? Why do they say till the 11th if it’s going to get snagged by someone else in 5 min? I don’t think waitlist used to work like this.
Sideshow must have sent the conversion to a group of people with an allotted amount that were available as first come first serve.

Congratulations!

email [email protected] and see if they can help.

Well that sucks. So if I don’t check my email every hour I’m sol. Can’t remember ever not getting my converted waitlist because of this.

Yeah unfortunately it has been this way for a while. The expiration date is essentially just when they move on to the next batch of people on the waitlist until all the reservations are taken.

People have complained about it for the past few years, in addition to how the waitlist is not exactly first come, first served. Neither method makes any sense, but it is what it is I guess.

email [email protected] and see if they can help.
Thanks, I just messaged them. I was gonna call tomorrow in any case. This is the dumbest waitlist system I’ve ever seen. Not to mention, more than half the time their texts for rsvp and waitlist conversions don’t come. I have them turned on in notifications but only a few rsvp texts from SS have came through.

Well that sucks. So if I don’t check my email every hour I’m sol. Can’t remember ever not getting my converted waitlist because of this.
Yes. It's a Joker like "aggressive expansion" scenario. You and a group of others get the same message for what might be one figure. Whoever answers first gets the conversion.

It is a real sucky way to do it. Seems like they should just go down the list and give you 24 hours to respond...with like a 2 hour grace period :dunno

Weird thing about this figure is that, as far as I know, they haven't asked people who put in NRDs to pay off the remainder yet. When that happens presumably more of these will be made available to folks on the waitlist, but I'm not sure what that means for folks who got this announcement but missed it.

Weird thing about this figure is that, as far as I know, they haven't asked people who put in NRDs to pay off the remainder yet. When that happens presumably more of these will be made available to folks on the waitlist, but I'm not sure what that means for folks who got this announcement but missed it.
The guy I talked to said it’s been this way for years so I guess I’ve just gotten incredibly lucky in the past or I’m getting gaslighted. He says I’m still on the waitlist so maybe I’ll get lucky again.

I was wondering what would happen now when they do more conversions. Will the people that got conversions but missed out get another conversion, or are the SOL?

What material would you say the brown on the chest and shoulders is made of? Is it just fabric with a brown coating applied or what?

The guy I talked to said it’s been this way for years so I guess I’ve just gotten incredibly lucky in the past or I’m getting gaslighted. He says I’m still on the waitlist so maybe I’ll get lucky again.
Yes. I can confirm that. It happened to me with the 1/4 scale Vader, tells you how long ago that was. I got the notice, clicked on the link and low and behold it was gone. I called CS and they explained to me that it was a first come, first served basis. If they have one, they tell multiple people on the list. If they have a few available, they tell multiple people on the list. If they have a bunch, they tell multiple people on the list. Unfortunately, they tell more people they got a conversion than they have stock to fill. So whoever answers first, gets the prize.

I never did get that conversion again for 1/4 scale Vader.

This figure is amazing for the money,he's really hefty,arms are a great edition and look good in hand. Body details under the suit pop. Just feels premium. It's kinda barebones but I don't use most of the accessories that other releases come with. Would have loved a mouth plate with the wolf like fangs he's had in some comics.

IMG-5880.jpg

DSC09557_1024x1024@2x.png

All I’ve seen thus far has impressed me. Major bang for your buck. I really hope we get more comic-inspired figures at this quality. This has huge potential.

… just don’t make them so limited.

Back