1/6 Hot Toys- HONO STUDIO- Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so with silicone arms and legs this is basically a 100% museum pose figure

I can’t see them using a high quality silicone especially at that price

Anybody worried about the sooner than later cracking ??

Are there any past examples of silicone limbs that have stood the test of time? I’m not familiar enough with the material as used for toys.

Never been a fan of Iron Man but I can appreciate how good this looks. Would love to get a Hulk to go with my Hono Wolverine and classic suit Spidey.

It sucks we've seen nothing on the DC side so far. The SSR Batman figures are way too pricey and usually underwhelming compared to what we've seen from Hono so far.

Isn't this just re-use/re-mold of the Hot Toys Comic version now just casted in plastic and silicone? I have no plans to get into the Hono line, but congrats to those that are happy about this release...which seems like the vast majority.

Isn't this just re-use/re-mold of the Hot Toys Comic version now just casted in plastic and silicone? I have no plans to get into the Hono line, but congrats to those that are happy about this release...which seems like the vast majority.

Nope. Nothing on this is a mold from the Diecast version. Completely new figure.

So much better than the HT versions. Officially broke the $200 mark now for these “entry grade” figures. Won't be too long before it gets up to $250
I wouldn’t be surprised if Thor comes in at $220-225

Last edited:
When they announced Wolverine I thought they were just trying to scare the 3rd party companies away, but this tells me they're playing for keeps. Looks great, and I'd gladly get a War Machine in this style too.

Only thing is I wish it had more accessories. More hands and some blast effects would be great.

When they announced Wolverine I thought they were just trying to scare the 3rd party companies away, but this tells me they're playing for keeps. Looks great, and I'd gladly get a War Machine in this style too.

Only thing is I wish it had more accessories. More hands and some blast effects would be great.
That’s the biggest trade-off I’m seeing; lack of accessories and unmasked head sculpts.

I’m mostly okay with this (especially with alternate visors), but it’s very much a basic package. That’s not a negative for me as I generally keep most accessories in the box, but Iron Man in particular would benefit from blast and jet boot effects.

The thing I would've liked to see on this would be a set of hands with articulated fingers like nearly every HT MCU Iron Man has.

Repulsor blast effects would be nice, but not likely something I'd ever use. I pretty much keep most figures in a more static museum pose anyway.

Last edited:
Man I hope this turns out as good as it looks...

Hono Classic Comic Iron Man.jpg

I'll preorder this and Def hope we get a comic Captain America and Incredible Hulk, and Classic Spidey. Would also love a Gambit and DareDevil.
HONO is at least 4-for-4 with me on designs, so I'm very much in their corner for pushing for more classic characters. Ghost Rider, The Thing, Venom, Nightcrawler... so long as the quality is there, I'll be heavily interested.
Man I hope this turns out as good as it looks...

View attachment 722982
Gives me strong Alex Ross vibes.
stl160903_57a4d11f-86fd-42b3-9565-88bdfb27daec.jpg

I have a handful of custom Transformers heads that use magnets to switch on the LEDs in the eyes. Works really well as far as not having to always remove a latch to get to a switch, but I have found that I sometimes have to move the magnet around before it finally triggers the lights to come on; and usually not in the same place. Sort of like you have to get it just right for the magnet to make the "connection" if you will.

Back