1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Diecast MMS198D03 War Machine Mark 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just noticed that WM mark 2 is completely sold out at SSC... Glad I got one when I did... Maybe we will see HT make another Mk 2 for AoU now that they know they will sell.

I hope not, since I have 5 of them. I want the value to go up on them instead of down like they have been.

I see everybody talking about Rhodes dying in multiple forums today, did something get leaked?

I'm actually expecting Quicksilver not to make it to the end credits.

both are possible. Its just a rumor, its got some weight because Rhodey has only been seen in an early scene and never in any other. Quicksilver is the other one because he doesnt show up in the final battle(seen in the overhead shot in trailer 3), despite Scarlet Witch being there.... theres also SW scream from trailer 1.... what she so upset about?

I hope not, since I have 5 of them. I want the value to go up on them instead of down like they have been.

I'm with you in hoping they don't, but I don't know HT well enough to make an accurate prediction... My common sense says that since WM mark 2 was already made, and fairly recently, they won't make another... But my marketing sense tells me it would be easy money for HT by just making a new box for AoU and releasing it as an low production exclusive... If that IS the armor he wears in the movie, it looks exactly like the HT figure, so I wouldn't expect any changes if they do.

This one seems to have a metallic navy tint to it, is that how the paint job on MK2 is?

This one seems to have a metallic navy tint to it, is that how the paint job on MK2 is?

The lighting is very dark and affected by the white and red from the base, so its difficult to tell.. I was looking at some of the decal details , the smother look to the the shoulder pauldrons and possible differences on the base of the boots.. but interestingly PI's Super Alloy WM2 seems to have similar decals (missing the stars next to the eagle on the hip, which HT's version has).. since the Mk43 is basically a repaint of the MK42, I just got to thinking if they cut the WM2 from Iron Man 3.. maybe they made some small mods, and this is WM3 for AoU.. but most probably, it is WM2.

If it's a little different HT will make the War Machine. Im holding out to see if it's announced.

It looks just like the War Machine Mark 2 right down to the way the colors are laid out. I'd attribute the dark looking colors to flash photography and poor lighting. Only other differences are the markings, but the suit is identical. I could maybe see Hot Toys doing an exclusive version release like Golden Age Cap for Winter Soldier, but it's really a tough pill to swallow for something that's barely different.

It looks just like the War Machine Mark 2 right down to the way the colors are laid out. I'd attribute the dark looking colors to flash photography and poor lighting. Only other differences are the markings, but the suit is identical. I could maybe see Hot Toys doing an exclusive version release like Golden Age Cap for Winter Soldier, but it's really a tough pill to swallow for something that's barely different.

Not if one hasn't bought the IM3 version.

Not if one hasn't bought the IM3 version.
That's a fair point, but if an AOU version does get a release, that would be the fourth release of this mold (Iron Patriot, War Machine Mark 2, Hot Rod, AOU) in an extremely short time frame, has there ever been a precedent for Hot Toys doing that before?

Prices were too good on this one so I pulled the trigger. I don't think there will be an AOU release mainly due to all the other figures that will be in development, but if there is one I'm cool with picking him up too.:lol

Had to get a war machine to go with that MK43 the gf bought me.:rock

I see them making a battle worn version for the AoU line. This movies gonna be so huge, every superhero costumed character will get made.

Back