1/6 Hot Toys- Mighty Thor (Jane Foster)- Thor: Love and Thunder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the quick shots @xgaryho :duff
Probably more a factor of female figures having more slender arms than a case of silicone/non-silicone. I mean look at the stress at the elbow even at just 90 degrees 😬

Ahsoka’s arms also stopped at 90, but the silicone didn’t even reach the elbows.
Interesting. I would think the skinnier the arms, the more range of motion and not the other way around. When you look at how massive the biceps are on Hono Wolverine, you'd think they'd impede articulation more than the skinnier arms here.

I don't have the latest '84 or WB100 Wonder Woman figures, but I could've sworn she had more than 90degree elbow articulation and those two bodies are also silicone.

As far as Ahsoka goes, I think that cut of the arm and continuing with standard plastic below the elbow is what's impeding the articulation actually. Since they don't have the thinner metal armature running the entire length of the arm inside the fully encapsulated silicone that would normally allow for more space for the silicone to compress against, they have the standard sized plastic arm getting the the way. That's my theory at least 😅
Visually it looks like this sculpt was made first for Mighty Thor and modeled after the more adult Natalie but just took longer to release, and then retroactively used for HT Padme for the moving eyes even though she should have looked younger. If it is the exact same sculpt, the paint work in Mighty Thor's headsculpt makes it look more like Natalie to me.
That's exaclty what they did.

Last edited:

Hairline looks good and blends better here.

hot toys mighty thor release.png

hot toys mighty thor release Untitled.png

Back