1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- The Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any recommendations of ikea cabinets I could upgrade to?

The Ikea BESTA range is awesome. You can choose different builds, colours, different doors and dress it up with mirrored backs and glass shelves. The shelves are deep and the units are really solid. They also do an excellent job of keeping out the dust!!

The Ikea BESTA range is awesome. You can choose different builds, colours, different doors and dress it up with mirrored backs and glass shelves. The shelves are deep and the units are really solid. They also do an excellent job of keeping out the dust!!

How do they keep out dust? I thought there are no coverings?

I will have to weigh this thing. I have my line on a shelf and it's rated for 50 lbs. I can't imagine it would be enough to collapse it.:monkey2

i didn't plan on getting this guy but my buddy bought 2 and just offered to sell me the second one for what he paid for it.
i think i'll take him up on the offer :wink1:

i have no idea where the hell i will be putting it...

This is my first post here... and I just wanted to thank you all for your interesting and insightful comments. I've been spending more than a couple of evenings scouring the internet for new pictures of the figure. It's weird how excited I am to get my hands on this action figure.

This Hulk figure will be my first Hot Toys purchase (it was a toss-up between him and Iron Man)... but just by kinda sitting back and reading all the enthusiasm for this figure on this board (and some mild criticism too), I'm finding my anticipation levels are going through the roof. Just from reading the comments of the last couple of days... I'm considering buying a cabinet with a glass door to house him in.

I wonder though if anyone else is faced with the dilemma of whether to open the box. I keep hearing about how the price of the Hulk figure price is going to jump dramatically in the near future. Some comments in various boards that I've read seem to forecast him doubling in price. It's a little like buying a luxury car... but being afraid to drive it because you might end up crashing it... or it might get a "door ding".

That's not the reason I wanted and/or pre-ordered this figure - to leave him stuck in a box - and being a borderline "horder" (comics, DVDs and more), I really can't see myself ever selling the Hulk, but I'm hearing a little voice in the back of my head that's yelling "Don't open the box! If he's worth $600... you don't want to risk damaging him." And then I start wondering if I should've bought a second figure (which, for me, just isn't realistic... or reasonable). Ugh. I dunno. It's driving me crazy. :)

So thanks again for helping me ratchet up my enthusiasm... and keeping it high despite the delays. Hopefully, we won't have to wait too much longer.

David

This is my first post here... and I just wanted to thank you all for your interesting and insightful comments. I've been spending more than a couple of evenings scouring the internet for new pictures of the figure. It's weird how excited I am to get my hands on this action figure.

This Hulk figure will be my first Hot Toys purchase (it was a toss-up between him and Iron Man)... but just by kinda sitting back and reading all the enthusiasm for this figure on this board (and some mild criticism too), I'm finding my anticipation levels are going through the roof. Just from reading the comments of the last couple of days... I'm considering buying a cabinet with a glass door to house him in.

I wonder though if anyone else is faced with the dilemma of whether to open the box. I keep hearing about how the price of the Hulk figure price is going to jump dramatically in the near future. Some comments in various boards that I've read seem to forecast him doubling in price. It's a little like buying a luxury car... but being afraid to drive it because you might end up crashing it... or it might get a "door ding".

That's not the reason I wanted and/or pre-ordered this figure - to leave him stuck in a box - and being a borderline "horder" (comics, DVDs and more), I really can't see myself ever selling the Hulk, but I'm hearing a little voice in the back of my head that's yelling "Don't open the box! If he's worth $600... you don't want to risk damaging him." And then I start wondering if I should've bought a second figure (which, for me, just isn't realistic... or reasonable). Ugh. I dunno. It's driving me crazy. :)

So thanks again for helping me ratchet up my enthusiasm... and keeping it high despite the delays. Hopefully, we won't have to wait too much longer.

David

Welcome! When you get this figure, open it and enjoy it!

I see it this way... even if you open him up and display him, if you are careful and keep him clean, save the box and all the packaging, it will still appreciate in value. Will it be as much as a sealed figure? No, but it will still be worth more than what you paid. Until then, just open it and enjoy it.

Yeah all of my figures are opened up and displayed, that's what they're for! Enjoy them!! Besides there will probably be another Hulk when Avengers 2 comes out

Back