1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- The Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha Hulk is regular size in there..... that would drive me nuts though....

Lol.. Yeah he is just a regular green guy in this collection. I keep him on top of the detolf where he is not standing next to anyone. I also have Gypsy Danger from Pacific Rim in there. If scale bothered me that would drive me insane haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Late to the game but I just jumped into collecting Hot Toys. Hulk is only my second (and most wanted) figure. I made a ripped up shirt for him to hide the shoulder artic. I used an old t-shirt but I may cut up an old button down. I think it might look more authentic. I actually ordered a 1/6 scale shirt but I dont think that's going to work. Any advice or suggestions for a newb like me?
hs.jpg

That looks good bro. Im not an expert but be careful about the paint. I know sometimes there are transfers between fabric and paint. Id hate for you to get black smudge on your hulk.

Thanks for the tip. That's a cheapo t shirt I used too. I'll get rid of it. I wanted to use white anyway. Or maybe I should just skip it all together.

That's how I felt initially which is why I passed on the figure for a long time. Having this guy in hand is much better than pictures convey.

That's how I felt initially which is why I passed on the figure for a long time. Having this guy in hand is much better than pictures convey.

hmmm.... maybe I'll try to snag a look at him in person then, but I'll probably just wait for the AOU version anyway. It also has the seams so I guess its the same thing

The deluxe AOU version is a good deal. If you can live with the shorts I can understand waiting. I see there is a Hulk figure being sold on eBay with no pants. Clearly they kept the pants to use on the new version lol. I thought about doing that myself but who buys a Hulk with no pants? Lol

The deluxe AOU version is a good deal. If you can live with the shorts I can understand waiting. I see there is a Hulk figure being sold on eBay with no pants. Clearly they kept the pants to use on the new version lol. I thought about doing that myself but who buys a Hulk with no pants? Lol

Yeah I ordered the deluxe version.
Its pretty obvious what he's doing yeah. Are there even any parted out Hulk pants on eBay?

my guess is they'd go quick. Everyones looking to stick em on the AOU version. I don't get the hate for the new pants

If it were any other character I think they would get a pass. Hulk appeals to people outside of the comic realm. My wife loves Hulk but has never read a comic in her life. He has always (to my knowledge.. Which is not extensive) been depicted with torn pants. So while its a movie based figure, people still want that classic look that they associate with the Incredible Hulk. Just me personally I collect because I like the character so I go for the most iconic look if possible.

If it were any other character I think they would get a pass. Hulk appeals to people outside of the comic realm. My wife loves Hulk but has never read a comic in her life. He has always (to my knowledge.. Which is not extensive) been depicted with torn pants. So while its a movie based figure, people still want that classic look that they associate with the Incredible Hulk. Just me personally I collect because I like the character so I go for the most iconic look if possible.

I can respect that :duff

Totally understandable. From the other spectrum though I think it's awesome they included the stretchy pants that have been being used in the comics. This movie looks to be full of straight out of the book material. Guess it makes up for lack there of characters and costumes.

Torn pants would be a nice SS exclusive item. Especially if early battles in the movie show Hulk with the torn pants and Starks gives him the new shorts at some point during the movie.

I don't get why they couldn't include an extra set of torn pants with the AoU version. I probably would have held off and gotten that version if they did. Too bad. I bet early in the film Banner or Hulk (yikes) is going to end up naked so Bruce and Tony will come up with some "magic pants" for Hulk.

I think it's going to be a big missed opportunity if Hulk shows up with ripped pants at the beginning of the movie.

Back