1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got this set in hand yesterday and I am working up the nerve to modify Chewie.
To say I am intimidated would be an understatement, almost tempted to try and buy a second Chewie as a peace-of-mind backup. But I feel the results will be well worth it, if I can pull it off.
1708115685023.jpeg

There are some custom head sculpts out there for Chewie, but there are PRICEY.

How is pleather on older Han holding up?
Thx.

Speaking for myself, I've never had a single issue with any pleather in my collection. Even my old Sideshow Premium Format Indy still has a perfect 1/4 scale pleather jacket (and he's approaching 20 years old). And I haven't had to use any protectant, etc. for those results. I don't live in a particularly arid or humid climate, so not sure if I've just been extremely lucky, or if this issue is drastically overblown, at least in areas where the climate isn't particularly tailored to the destruction of this material.

How is pleather on older Han holding up?
Thx.
The pleather is still holding up pretty good...Touch wood. The only issue is that the shirt has the same copper wire stain that blighted the ANH Solo.
It's an easy fix though with some watered down bleach.

Speaking for myself, I've never had a single issue with any pleather in my collection. Even my old Sideshow Premium Format Indy still has a perfect 1/4 scale pleather jacket (and he's approaching 20 years old). And I haven't had to use any protectant, etc. for those results. I don't live in a particularly arid or humid climate, so not sure if I've just been extremely lucky, or if this issue is drastically overblown, at least in areas where the climate isn't particularly tailored to the destruction of this material.
I haven't been so lucky, and i live in a damp cold climate. The suit on my HT ANH Vader started to flake a few months back, as did the jacket on my HT Indy.:cry:
I guess 8 or so years was pretty good going for them.

On the plus side both the real leather holsters from the old SS Solo versions still look like new after 15 years.☺️

Back