1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: ROTJ - Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those who have the SSC Boba how many are upgrading to Hot Toys? Personally I think SSC still looks very good. Im just looking forward to grabbing this and posing him with Jango.

I have the SS and will get the HT. They're two different versions/outfits so it's not really an upgrade or a replacement.

I like how the SS looks set up. Though the green armour and helmet is a bit too bright. The only mod I did was to cut away the plastic behind the vest.

For those who have the SSC Boba how many are upgrading to Hot Toys? Personally I think SSC still looks very good. Im just looking forward to grabbing this and posing him with Jango.

He looks good. You're right. If his armor was painted better he could have been much better. I think the real question is how big of a Fett fan are you? I know for sure I will want both ESB and ROTJ. So they can stand by each other until we hopefully get an updated HT ESB.

For everyone else who only want one Fett on their shelf.. and are wondering, which? I say WAIT and see. Honestly, I'd imagine it will be the ROTJ from HT that will be the one to get, and that's coming from a guy who LOVES ESB. But maybe wait to make sure that the paint apps come out as amazing as they look on the figure, because the ESB Sideshow figure also had killer paint apps and then when released was pretty disappointing. Still a good figure though! Just the green tones kill me a little bit every day I look at it :lol

@Wor-Gar - While for most people that's on the money.. I'm actually an OT guy myself. Jango is pretty cool but I'm all about the classics. So it's ESB, ROTJ and Proto (Supertrooper) for my 3 man team :yess:

I troop Fett also :D

https://instagram.com/jcfett

PS Those images are spot on for references, but at the end of the day those are guys in costumes (like myself) I actually know Lou, the one in the ESB who is from the Empire City Garrison (NY) I troop with him from time to time. Anyways the real true references from the actual movies and not just representations of them... you want to go here: Boba Fett Images - The Dented Helmet Gallery

What's up, man. Always good to see people I follow on social media on the boards. Your pics are always awesome.

Lou just finished up my third attempt at an ROTJ Fett but it's been boxed up at my house, since picking it up from him two weeks ago :slap

What's up, man. Always good to see people I follow on social media on the boards. Your pics are always awesome.

Lou just finished up my third attempt at an ROTJ Fett but it's been boxed up at my house, since picking it up from him two weeks ago :slap

Sweet man!!! What's your IG name so I can make sure I follow back? I follow Evilface too but he ignores me lol.

I'm not sure I ever seen Lou do an ROTJ! He's the go to guy for sure, his paint skills on armor is on par with some of the best out there! That would kill me to not open! Post em up when you do!

He's actually going to help me get my ESB more accurate too. I told myself I wouldn't get the "accuracy bug bite" and that I would just be my own Fett, but the pressure to join the 501st has been too great, especially when I met Jeremy at Celebration and he was like.. "Great suit! So you part of the 501st?" ..... LOL. Gonna dye my suit a touch blue, tint the knees and one shoulder a touch orange and redo the chest armor a more accurate green. Lou is too awesome!

Nice to see another Fett up on the boards!! :rock2

OK, you two, what's the costume Fett wears in the SE ANH? I see inconsistent info.

Looking at the frames myself, looks like ROTJ outfit. Some say its mixed from ROTJ and ESB but I don't see the ESB elements.

Sweet man!!! What's your IG name so I can make sure I follow back? I follow Evilface too but he ignores me like he's Christian Bale at an afterparty lol.

I'm not sure I ever seen Lou do an ROTJ! He's the go to guy for sure, his paint skills on armor is on par with some of the best out there! That would kill me to not open! Post em up when you do!

He's actually going to help me get my ESB more accurate too. I told myself I wouldn't get the "accuracy bug bite" and that I would just be my own Fett, but the pressure to join the 501st has been too great, especially when I met Jeremy at Celebration and he was like.. "Great suit! So you part of the 501st?" ..... LOL. Gonna dye my suit a touch blue, tint the knees and one shoulder a touch orange and redo the chest armor a more accurate green. Lou is too awesome!

Nice to see another Fett up on the boards!! :rock2

I just un-followed and followed you just so you get the notification:lol My ig name is Jaycepticon :D

Haha, I think this was the third time Lou's helped me with my ROTJ Fett, including helping me get my first Jango build 100%. The last two times were even complete builds, so it's his fault if he doesn't approve me:lol In all seriousness though, I really need to get a bigger place and learn how to paint/weather like you guys, your attention to detail is mind blowing.

Im thinking I may liquidate my Mythos statues, HT Robocop, and Man of Steel if they keep putting these figures out so fast.

Vader, Jedi Luke, Fett, Palps, Stormies, and Royal guard are all I need on my detolf!

OK, you two, what's the costume Fett wears in the SE ANH? I see inconsistent info.

Looking at the frames myself, looks like ROTJ outfit. Some say its mixed from ROTJ and ESB but I don't see the ESB elements.

That was my mistake, It most definitely looked it it was completely ROTJ.

What I originally meant to say was ROTJ SE. That's the ROTJ suit with ESB helmet I originally meant.

OK, so just so I have it right:

SE ANH is completely the ROTJ costume -- shoulder bells reversed.

SE ROTJ is ROTJ costume with ESB helmet.

So technically, this HT ROTJ Fett works for ROTJ and SE ANH (for the few who actually count the SE)

The ROTJ one doesn't have a side arm, never noticed that before. For now I'm going to stick with the ESB one........if HT do an ESB version, then I'll be upgrading. I hope they don't as this isn't good for my wallet :p

He's been kitbashed all along. You'll always find discrepancies and people trying to discover more truth haha. The ROTJ Fett has ESB in him too actually though. Including the entire flightsuit. It was discovered they reused the same flightsuit and just weathered the blue flightsuit down to look better for the sand scenes.

But overall, according to the TDH references we have, you can see it's what we know as the ROTJ
Boba Fett Special Edition - The Dented Helmet Gallery

I really like the idea that he puts himself together like that. It's like he woke up on his Slave that day and was like.. ok what gauntlets am I going to need today handle business!

OK, so just so I have it right:

SE ANH is completely the ROTJ costume -- shoulder bells reversed.

SE ROTJ is ROTJ costume with ESB helmet.

So technically, this HT ROTJ Fett works for ROTJ and SE ANH (for the few who actually count the SE)

Pretty much. Unless you wanna go the extra mile for SE ANH and swap the should bells on the Hot Toys figure, like Rubio mentioned.

I just un-followed and followed you just so you get the notification:lol My ig name is Jaycepticon :D

Haha, I think this was the third time Lou's helped me with my ROTJ Fett, including helping me get my first Jango build 100%. The last two times were even complete builds, so it's his fault if he doesn't approve me:lol In all seriousness though, I really need to get a bigger place and learn how to paint/weather like you guys, your attention to detail is mind blowing.

Got you!

Yeah, first we need to hit the lottery though so I can stop going to this annoying job and actually get some prop work done lol. So you're aiming for the ECG ROTJ? Are you in NY? I think he is in charge of approvals for Fett. So you should definitely get in haha. That's awesome though man good luck! Maybe we'll be trooping together soon!

Pretty much. Unless you wanna go the extra mile for SE ANH and swap the should bells on the Hot Toys figure, like Rubio mentioned.

it's funny this comes up because I was just watching the interview of mark who was called up to play Fett, it's over at BFFC - he talks about how nobody really was paying attention, so it was clearly a mistake. It looks like they were just rushing to get the shots done.
Celebration Anaheim: Exclusive Interview with Mark Austin - Boba Fett News – Boba Fett Fan Club

interesting stuff!

kinda like when they put boba's knee armor upside down in the carbontie chamber scene hahahaha

CarbonChamber.jpg

Got you!

Yeah, first we need to hit the lottery though so I can stop going to this annoying job and actually get some prop work done lol. So you're aiming for the ECG ROTJ? Are you in NY? I think he is in charge of approvals for Fett. So you should definitely get in haha. That's awesome though man good luck! Maybe we'll be trooping together soon!

I'm in NJ but have been friends with Lou since 2009 because the NJ Garrison would never return any of my application e-mails at the time. So I sent the ECG and e-mail and within a couple hours, he said I could join the ECG, no problem:lol And yeah, it definitely helps he does the approvals.

And yeah, that'd be great to have both of our Fett's together some day. We could spam the hell out of these threads:lol

Back