1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: ROTJ - Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised this figure isn't getting more love. I guess with all these releases, we're getting desensitised.

A HT Boba is a dream item for me.

For me this is the best previously unseen HT to come out of SDCC, this is a definite buy for me!

A must buy for me along with the sandtrooper,the paint apps and detail work look fantastic..
View attachment 196633View attachment 196634View attachment 196635

If the detail in the production versions if even close to that its going to be a great figure (fingers crossed)

I really hope Fett gets a different stand than the same old Death Star Detention Block one that came with the Stormies.

Agreed! It comes off a little lazy from HT!

I'm getting tired of those damn stands already. :lol Too big and just ugly IMO.

I keep having custom decals made by EVILFACE for the oval stands, replacing them all.

I think it will be a skiff base since they have that on the 1/4 scale Boba.

Im going to have to start doing this with mine, I have 3 Iron Men on one shelf right now and between the large HPP bases and the Mk43 diorama one they don't half take up room... trading even 2 of them down should give me space to comfortably have 4 figures in the same space.

Hi folks - I thought I'd chime in (my first time here) with my elation upon the announcement of this release! I have been patiently waiting for this version of Boba since the announcement of the the SSC ESB version a few years ago. In fact, I caved a couple of months ago and bought trhe SSC version because I was bored of waiting but ultimately took it back because something about it was just off - the body, the helmit, the colours and the QC. How glad am I that I did!

I love the look of the 1/4 HT ROTJ version but it's just too big for my tastes. This 1/6 edition is everything I have been hoping for! If the production is anything near as good as the proto version I will die a happy man.

Do we have any idea when this piece will be released? presumably we're talking next year sometime?

Do we have any idea when this piece will be released? presumably we're talking next year sometime?

I would imagine sometime in may-june next year. Luke is due in march next year if I'm not mistaken, and Leia will follow him. So after that I would think.

Also did Fett endorse Fender guitars?
Here's Fenders logo
images

bfjag_zpsa1cfcf7b.jpg

Yeah, those smartphone pics can distort a lot. Also, the ROTJ helmet has the "correct" vertical sides when viewed from the front, not like the "warped" ESB helmet (which I prefer) which had the flared out angled sides.

I don't know where you're getting this from. Flare was very much present on all of the helmets.

Actually, the helmet on this figure is the worst part of the figure. The fact that it's lacking any flare at all hurts it. Not a dealbreaker, and I'm hoping for a revision by Hot Toys. Overall, the detail on this figure is spectacular! Unparalleled to this point. Every detail is sharp and the paintwork is phenomenal.

Very excited for this release!

For any figure, if you have a great pose it can really elevate how it looks. I've seen some poses from fellow members here of their ESB Fett and they look amazing and makes it look like a different figure entirely. I've also seen some high end figures in person with crap poses and really brings the figure down. Don't get me wrong, I want this ROTJ Fett, but I wouldn't write off the SS one too soon. Sure the quality of the HT figures are better, but I don't pull these figures out and play with them. I choose a pose and it stays like that for months.

For any figure, if you have a great pose it can really elevate how it looks. I've seen some poses from fellow members here of their ESB Fett and they look amazing and makes it look like a different figure entirely. I've also seen some high end figures in person with crap poses and really brings the figure down. Don't get me wrong, I want this ROTJ Fett, but I wouldn't write off the SS one too soon. Sure the quality of the HT figures are better, but I don't pull these figures out and play with them. I choose a pose and it stays like that for months.

A lot of them have been modded though.

Exactly. I have yet to see one that looked good with just general "futzing" without having to do actual mods, unlike say, Bossk or something.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436877397.402773.jpg

Let me be the first than.
Making it look good with no mods [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't get the SSC because I'm not a big Fett fan, but followed the release and subsequent mods pretty closely. Not being a stickler on this character the way I am on stormtroopers, I'd probably do minimal mods...body swap, and cutting apart the plastic backing behind the chest armour. If there was only one thing I could choose, it'd be ditching the plastic backing. It's really not a bad figure, any inaccuracies aside.

View attachment 196932

Let me be the first than.
Making it look good with no mods [emoji13]

No offense, but my eyes are immediately drawn to that horrible chest armor, even from that angle:dunno

I'm not trying to knock the figure, but that chest armor is front and center and for them to drop the ball on it, sucks. At least they've seemed to learn from it.

2149-jango-fett-003.jpg

No offense, but my eyes are immediately drawn to that horrible chest armor, even from that angle:dunno

I'm not trying to knock the figure, but that chest armor is front and center and for them to drop the ball on it, sucks. At least they've seemed to learn from it.

2149-jango-fett-003.jpg

Haha no I knew I was going to get ripped for that post. I mean I see no problem with it. And I do agree with a previous post that posing makes a lot of difference. I always put mine in a dynamic pose...in this case Boba is stalking for a good shot at someone.
And i am most likely going to get that Jango Fett, completing my SSC Fett collection alongside the ESB and Proto.
Now I am being a bit of a hypocrite here but I am also buying the 1/4 scale Boba Fett. I think it blows away what I have...but also compliments it. It will be my centrepiece and end to my Fett collection.

Back