1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: ROTJ - Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a bit too expensive for the set, no? Just for the figure and the base? Not sure it worth it... Unless you flip the base on ebay or something...

This is exactly why I was asking. I would probably upgrade to Fett 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, etc. so it helps to sell the previous one for a profit to help pay for an upgraded figure. Also, should I change my user name to "Monster Island Guy" since that is what everyone is calling me for some reason... :p

Boba Fett won't be worth squat. They'll always be someone making Fetts -- next to Vader he's the most popular villain. There will always be a better one on the horizon.

If you want resale Monster Island guy, buy the Spacetrooper one-off.

This is exactly why I was asking. I would probably upgrade to Fett 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, etc. so it helps to sell the previous one for a profit to help pay for an upgraded figure. Also, should I change my user name to "Monster Island Guy" since that is what everyone is calling me for some reason... :p

You could be called Ogasawara guy... but not sure anyone knows that.

This is exactly why I was asking. I would probably upgrade to Fett 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, etc. so it helps to sell the previous one for a profit to help pay for an upgraded figure.
Here's the thing, though... When HT ROTJ Fett 2.0 is announced, other collectors are going to pay more than retail for the first version, why? The first Fett will tank on the aftermarket at that point (regardless of regular or deluxe). You're wasting your time with this. Just buy what you want and accept now you'll be selling at a loss once the next version is announced (and likely way before as everyone is always anticipating the next iteration and factoring that into their after market purchase).

The level that these figures are at now, any 2.0 of something that's being released right now would have to include animatronics for me to upgrade.

I had the 3 3/4" version for a bit and my GF couldn't stand to look at it. Interestingly Hasbro gave you the option of removing the SE attributes like the Venus flytrap mouth.

HI RES pg 72 Post #718

up_1.jpg

up_2.jpg

up_3.jpg

up_4.jpg

up_5.jpg

up_6.jpg

up_7.jpg

up_8.jpg

up_9.jpg

up_10.jpg

up_11.jpg

The details look great but the proportions look way off. He doesn't look like a guy in a suit. He looks a little thick in the midsection and the neck is kinda short.

This is the first Hot Toys Star Wars figure that I'm not crazy about...

Back