1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: ROTJ - Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He might surprise you, Kuat. I was completely losing interest in him, but then couldn't believe how much I liked him. But I had no Boba in my collection, so that might have been part of it.

He might do.

But there are 25 figures (or the heads/clothes to make figures) pre-ordered that I'm more enthused about.

4-Lom is the only order that I'm as little enthused about. He's one of those figures I thought I ought to have to finally complete the ESB hunters (in the hope that Dengar follows).

Could never bring myself to get Leia because her ANH appearance (dress and buns) is my least favourite. And then those Jawas due to their sub-par robes and the reports of floppy bodies.

I've avoided all the astromech iterations apart from Artoo and Arfive.

Looking forward to the AT-AT Driver and Luke Snowspeeder. The Jumptrooper is calling to me because I know how good the troopers look on display; but at the same time it's essentially just another trooper.

Ha! I find myself feeling that way a lot too. I think it’s just such a long wait time between announcement/pre-order to the release that you just naturally end up losing any enthusiasm you had. I mean, most of the time it’s a full year! And you’re right—in that wait time, there are so many other things that are announced that it tends to steal the thunder on whatever you have on order already.

That’s partially why I drag my feet when ordering anything. I want to make sure I really WANT the figure before I place the order, and am not caught up with the excitement of the announcement. I usually wait at least til the $20 monthly code comes up anyway, but recently I’ve been testing my patience by waiting til something actually comes out before I really decide to buy.

That's exactly it. There's the excitement of the announcement; and a wave carries you towards the order button!

I'm trying to do that with Yoda and old Han. Plus with figures like Finn that really changed it definitely at least makes sense to wait until the blogger pictures come out as you might be in for a surprise otherwise.

I'd forgotten about Yoda.

Didn't much like him. I don't think he makes for a very impressive display piece, apart from the sculpted base. It's not just his size, but he lacks charisma as a character. As Lucas explained, he is just that insignificant toad that sits by the side of the road and directs the main character. In ESB he was old and on his way out, soon to fade away. At least when Obi Wan did that he was Alec Guinness.

Got my replacement vest I bought via eBay today. Looks much better. I have no place to display Boba atm but I'm happy the vest is sorted out.

I take it back.

He's quite impressive in hand. Unless I've just been overwhelmed by the paint fumes from the layer containing the stands. :lol

The chest and belly plates seem pretty mobile. You can move them around to adjust the gaps.

28245176361_a35e396779_o.jpg

With the hybrid SS ESB Boba with 2.0 helmet and armour:

27707384994_572009a9a6_o.jpg

Have to find a use for the desert vag:

28289452576_b23b450b77_c.jpg

27708066103_65284d9e6a_o.jpg

Sweet shots, KoK!

Thanks!

I'm loving the deluxe base almost as much as the figure. I never planned to use it for Boba, but for the extra cost (which I don't think was very much) it's a very substantial piece.

Wolverine's still playing with it for now.

27712175894_9f0247f80e_c.jpg

With the figure itself, the only thing that doesn't look quite right is the padding on the upper legs. But it seems like too much of a fuss at the moment to remove it.

I received my Boba Fett. Changed the body it came with, used a TTM22.

Still needs lots of futzing...

IMGP3179 rev1.jpg

IMGP3176 rev1.jpg

IMGP3183 rev1.jpg

so jealous of you guys. I'm in the process of moving and won't be able to buy Fett till maybe August or Sept to save room, unless I find it for cheap

Thanks!

I'm loving the deluxe base almost as much as the figure. I never planned to use it for Boba, but for the extra cost (which I don't think was very much) it's a very substantial piece.

Wolverine's still playing with it for now.

27712175894_9f0247f80e_c.jpg

With the figure itself, the only thing that doesn't look quite right is the padding on the upper legs. But it seems like too much of a fuss at the moment to remove it.

that's so cool, the base could be used as a random mutant beast, or alien creature for superhero figures

I bit the bullet and removed the padded suit. Followed (and trusted in!) Karamazov's advice and broke the codpiece apart by prizing the pin out. The codpiece was also glued to the suit in one spot to keep it in place.

It had to be done because the padding was creating that puffy look above his knees, as though his legs were swollen with inflamed muscles.

Much happier with him now:

28260962901_a8cceb8766_o.jpg

I also left off the diving belt. I tried to put it back on but pulling the strap through the lock was proving too difficult as there wasn't enough of it left showing to grab with the tweezers. I think they must've put the lock plate in afterwards. It would probably come out safely after heating, but I don't think it's essential as I was hiding it before anyway.

I think it looks much better without the fat suit.

Here goes my latest pic...

RETURN OF THE JEDI

IMG_2150.jpg

:lecture It's a big improvement. Seems a bit of a waste for HT to have put the padded suit on him in the first place.

28058379520_36c9c6bf78_o.jpg

That certainly looks great. Is there a tutorial for that please? Was it hard to do?

I followed Karamazov's advice from a while back.

Start with the basics: remove the boots, hands, gauntlets and head.

Take off the belt with the packs on it.

The belt of string I eased down his legs without undoing, to save on any fiddly re-doing later.

Undo the Velcro on the vest and ease it off - the back and collar armour, along with shoulder bells are all attached to it. At first the angles looked impossible!

Take a small flat head screwdriver or flat head tweezers and pry open the side of the codpiece where the square silver peg is showing. I think it was his right hand side that opened. The green plates are lightly glued shut so gentle prising will gradually release the silver peg. It's a nerve wracking moment, but I trusted in Kara's advice. Just don't be too rough with it and it'll open up.

There's also a bit of glue holding the codpiece to the front of the suit. That foxed me for a moment as I couldn't see anything physically preventing it from pulling down.

After that it's easy enough to get the suit off, and remove the white padded underwear, which somewhat resembles a Victorian swimsuit!

Anyone planning on getting Sideshow's newly announced Han in carbonite to go with this? If the price is right, and they do it justice, I think it could be a killer companion piece.

They'll have to put Harrison in carbonite soon to preserve him. Just bring him out for special occasions, like making Indiana Jones V.

Anyone planning on getting Sideshow's newly announced Han in carbonite to go with this? If the price is right, and they do it justice, I think it could be a killer companion piece.
Yeah I've been leaning towards getting it, as well as all the other bounty hunters. I think I'll just have a bounty hunter shelf, with Fett next to Han in Carbonite.

Back