1/6 Hot Toys - MMS231 - Thor: The Dark World - Loki (Specs + Hi-Res Pictures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a FB guy but I hope that HT is getting slammed about changing the HS. This is the first time I feel compelled to write them an email to b__ch

I'm not a FB guy but I hope that HT is getting slammed about changing the HS. This is the first time I feel compelled to write them an email to b__ch

Save your time. Hot Toys never answered any email or facebook message . Hot Toys is great but their customer service is one of the worst i've seen in a long time.

Save your time. Hot Toys never answered any email or facebook message . Hot Toys is great but their customer service is one of the worst i've seen in a long time.

What did you email them about? I know that it's pointless to contact them for damages or parts and stuff; for that you have to deal with SS or the authorized retailer that you directly bought from.

I think that they do pay attention to what the crowd is saying about their products to an extent though. I wouldn't expect a response to my email, but if they see that enough people are disappointed with the final product where it will hurt sales, then I think they'd consider revisions.

I seem to remember them changing the Avengers Thor headsculpt after feedback was negative. The sculpt on the Avengers Loki was excellent, so I can't imagine they'd let this one pass. It hasn't been seen anywhere as far as I know so i'd hope that's a sign they're improving it.

I seem to remember them changing the Avengers Thor headsculpt after feedback was negative. The sculpt on the Avengers Loki was excellent, so I can't imagine they'd let this one pass. It hasn't been seen anywhere as far as I know so i'd hope that's a sign they're improving it.

They've actually changed a handful of sculpts from the original protos. I'm not sure if it was due to mass public complaints or on their own judgement.

I emailed them about the Loki sculpt.

No answer.

I wouldn't expect a response but I would imagine that they are being read. It can't hurt to drop your opinion in the box. In a case like this they should be getting slammed

I have no doubt they will improve the sculpt, especially after the spot on Loki they did for Avengers.

I do hope so! There has been so much bad feedback about this head sculpt...guess we will see if Hot Toys have taken note (or not as the case may be) soon enough...:pray: :pray:

but if they do pay attention, then How will they differentiate between complaints about the headsculpt and the massive amount of pre-orders placed, the EX sold out relatively fast on SSC and now the regular only has a few left.

Mixed Messages! :dunno

The figure also came with nil to nothing. The head sculpt was just the nail in the coffin. I'm waiting for the next version, and if that sucks, I'd rather save $$ for the original.

The figure also came with nil to nothing. The head sculpt was just the nail in the coffin. I'm waiting for the next version, and if that sucks, I'd rather save $$ for the original.

smart, im not one of the smart ones though, i ordered this without question :slap

and before its posted, yes I KNOW THATS WHY I FAIL

smart, im not one of the smart ones though, i ordered this without question :slap

Well I'm not gonna lie, I ordered this one as well mainly for the outfit. I actually liked Loki's look "powered down" without the helmet, and Hiddleston had a lot of good scenes with this outfit both in Avengers and TDW. Also there's been some improvements in the details over the Avengers version (bugged me about the old one back then). Needless to say, if the headsculpt isn't improved, I'll just nab an Avengers Loki head (heck those knockoff heads aren't too bad either) and put it on this one. Just give it Loki's Chitauri spear (the short one) and done, that's Avengers Loki non-helmeted version.

frabz-SO-SERIOUS-YOU-ARE-c47656.jpg

Well I'm not gonna lie, I ordered this one as well mainly for the outfit. I actually liked Loki's look "powered down" without the helmet, and Hiddleston had a lot of good scenes with this outfit both in Avengers and TDW. Also there's been some improvements in the details over the Avengers version (bugged me about the old one back then). Needless to say, if the headsculpt isn't improved, I'll just nab an Avengers Loki head (heck those knockoff heads aren't too bad either) and put it on this one. Just give it Loki's Chitauri spear (the short one) and done, that's Avengers Loki non-helmeted version.

sounds good, I already bought a spare Loki head in anticipation of receiving this figure, and I have the Avengers Loki, so I'll be going with your idea there. :hi5:

No yeah I'll leave him in the box, I actually bought the Loki head for the Poptoys X13 custom clothing coming out soon, I was just saying I could make a decent Loki from the TDW version if I wanted

Back