1/6 Hot Toys - MMS231 - Thor: The Dark World - Loki (Specs + Hi-Res Pictures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An awesome custom head if HT fails to deliver...
SKTUOO4.jpg

It's a really good substitute if the head on this one isn't improved (unless you have qualms against knockoffs to which I say "meh").

theres a few of those going round on eBay

Ah. Unfortunately those eBay sculpts often differ from their advertisement when held in hand.
Do you have some in hand pictures?

Btw. Do I smell a wave of Tom Hiddleston as "evil god" or "god of mischief" lookalike sculpts from our honorable custom sculptors similar to the Heath ledger as "evil clown"? I bet those would sell very well. Perhaps someone with a lot if foresight may be in the position to offer his or her custom Loki sculpts very early on. Wouldn't that be something? (Interest thread pls!)

Ah. Unfortunately those eBay sculpts often differ from their advertisement when held in hand.
Do you have some in hand pictures?

Btw. Do I smell a wave of Tom Hiddleston as "evil god" or "god of mischief" lookalike sculpts from our honorable custom sculptors similar to the Heath ledger as "evil clown"? I bet those would sell very well. Perhaps someone with a lot if foresight may be in the position to offer his or her custom Loki sculpts very early on. Wouldn't that be something? (Interest thread pls!)

There's literally no chance Hiddleston will get the Heath Ledger treatment in the customs world. None. And that's a good thing.

f you read how much drama has gone on in those threads with people arguing over every single microscopic detail of Ledger's face it becomes disturbing.

It's a really good substitute if the head on this one isn't improved (unless you have qualms against knockoffs to which I say "meh").

ya i have qualms against knockoffs...they are called "knockoffs" for a reason. They technically shouldn't be worth anything because they are rip-offs. I am all for people making their own figures, but when it comes to selling for profits and trying to pass as a business, i am just not a fan, never have, never will. But to each their own i guess. If people want to spend extra money on custom stuff, it is what it is...I just rarely ever like any custom stuff over HTs. almost never. And its usually more expensive than HTs, so i don't see any value in it.

This one below looks like the HTs Avengers Loki anyway with new painting. I personally wouldn't trust knockoff stuff from eBay. If your into customs stuff, there are reputable people on Freaks that your better off getting stuff from.

@morphosis: And hey that's fair enough! I definitely understand your position, though I'm a customizer (not 1/6 exclusively) so it doesn't bother me that much even if it's something I don't necessarily approve of (more just a convenience than anything else really). Just for the record, I don't mean anything offensive by saying "meh", as it's more of my attitude towards the whole thing than something that's directed at people who don't like knockoffs.

:) @ronri: yah, knockoffs / customs or whatever people want to call them are a funny thing. I think its great people want to make their own, I totally understand why people want to, it can be a lot of fun. I just have a hard time with the prices, quality, and sometimes lack of trust you have to deal with customs stuff. And then there is the issue with eBay people who re-cast. Now if i had the time to make my own by hand, i would definitely do that. And actually i would be more interested in making environments for the figures over modifications. But thats just me :)

As weird as it sounds, I don't know if I could display Loki with that custom head. Each time I walked past my display case I'd think "That's not real".

I would think HT would update the sculpt just based off their own judgement. It would be different if they hadn't already done Loki before, but they know what a great Hiddleston sculpt looks like.

Back