1/6 Hot Toys - MMS231 - Thor: The Dark World - Loki (Specs + Hi-Res Pictures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, the headsculpt is a regression rather than an improvement. My problem with this one is still the same as the Avengers version, though: those ugly little golden armour tiles on his abdomen still look printed onto the fabric. If they are, and it's admittedly a little hard to tell from the pictures, it would be a particular problem for this version since they're so visible. The inclusion of the Aether is pretty cool, though, and it should be pretty enormous.

Loki army is in panic and despair...

home_alone_curry_evil_zps52d80b57.gif

Is it too late to petition HT to cancel this and make Sif instead? To help HT defray the cost, we can all agree to let them give us Loki's chains as one of her accessories. I'm thinking Thor won't mind! :wink1:

The original for the win (in every way). Easy easy pass. Thanks hot toys for keeping my cah in my pocket!

I am glad I was able to pick up and Avengers Loki. That head doesn't look that good at all.

A lot of good comments here.

Put me in the boat that something just feels "off". My first impression was that the sculpt wasn't all there and the costume looks excessively bulky (resulting in a more "doll/toy-like" appearance...which I know is ironic...but c'mon...it's Hot Toys! We expect better.). The detail on the costume looks amazing but something about the fabric is just not making it look good on the figure. Loki's costume forms very well to Hiddleston's slender form, it's not that bulky.

Keep the feedback coming. Hot Toys pays attention to it so hopefully they'll brush things up a little bit before the final release and show us an improved prototype.

Very true Bardoon, I have seen adjustments made to prototypes before when people voiced a lot of concern about a release. My 2 biggest issues with this more than anything is the headsculpt and huge lack of accessories. Granted I know he didn't have a lot in the movie, but they could have added a few more hand options, possible his in prision ragged outfit for example.

Is there any substantive difference in the suit? I don't really see anything different here. Looks like a streamlined rehash.

That's how it was in the film. Its just the Avengers outfit without the armor - so its also what he wore throughout most of the Avengers really.

Is it me or are the ears off?to me they look like dumbo ears,also it kinda looks like that old Conan obrian skit were he would mash two pics together,looks like hot toys coulson and hot toys dark world Thor had an ugly baby

Easy pass. I'm glad that I've already got Loki in my collection. Congrats to any Freaks though who weren't lucky to pick up the Avengers one.

I was really looking forward to a Loki figure since I missed the Avengers one... but now I'd rather just have the Avengers version :(

I wonder if they'll ever release a Jane Foster or Darcy Lewis figure.

Back