1/6 Hot Toys - MMS276 - Commando: John Matrix Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've bought worse (albeit Sideshow and cheaper)

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/uncharted-3-nathan-drake-sideshow-collectibles-1001861/

And... what we got..

after.jpg

It was kind of like they modelled the "Donut Drake" from the skin of the same name that was a bonus unlockable in the first Uncharted Drake's Fortune game..

Good ol' Nathan Drake will forever be the poster boy of Sideshow's bait & switch deceptions. :lol

Good ol' Nathan Drake will forever be the poster boy of Sideshow's bait & switch deceptions. :lol

Sad thing is, I couldn't have asked for more if what we got was what was on the promotional material... and it wasn't just the sculpt. The whole paint app was off.. Shame, as they did such a good job with the Premium Format Figure..

Holy hell. Nathan Drake looks like he has jaundice and has eaten WAY too many burgers.

If I pre-ordered that, and this is what arrived instead of the publicity photos. It would be immediately returned one way or another for a refund. Guess this is why you should sometimes wait a while before pre-ordering or simply do NOT pre-order a thing (but then risk not getting it).

I have no hopes for their final production version of the Keaton Bruce Wayne looking like the JC Hong pics now.

Yeah, I said something similar in another thread. JC should really stop posting those hand painted, detailed pictures of sculpts. They lead to disappointment for many when they see what is actually released. Over in the Chewbacca thread everyone is clinging onto his pic of chewy as if that is what they are getting. It's really not.
:lol

Yeah, I said something similar in another thread. JC should really stop posting those hand painted, detailed pictures of sculpts. They lead to disappointment for many when they see what is actually released. Over in the Chewbacca thread everyone is clinging onto his pic of chewy as if that is what they are getting. It's really not.
:lol

I said this exact same thing in another thread and of course someone didnt like me saying that :lol

The rubber arms were already swaying me away from buying this figure and now that he is out I'm not oozing at he mouth to be honest.

Like some have said it looks like another 'rushed' job from HT (one of many I may add ) and like a-dev sad these things are far too expensive now just to pick up one for the sake of it, so it looks like I'm out of buying this figure. I may change that stance once more in-hand pics start surfacing.

Such a shame HT...wrong colour on Robocop, rushed out Police Assault T1 T-800 & John Matrix figures which have clearly hampered the figures true potential. Do they have an axe to grind with movies from the 80's or what? :dunno

The rubber arms were already swaying me away from buying this figure and now that he is out I'm not oozing at he mouth to be honest.

Like some have said it looks like another 'rushed' job from HT (one of many I may add ) and like a-dev sad these things are far too expensive now just to pick up one for the sake of it, so it looks like I'm out of buying this figure. I may change that stance once more in-hand pics start surfacing.

Such a shame HT...wrong colour on Robocop, rushed out Police Assault T1 T-800 & John Matrix figures which have clearly hampered the figures true potential. Do they have an axe to grind with movies from the 80's or what? :dunno

They're too invested with Marvel to care about any other line. And yeah, the MMS238 is another soft sculpt... but it's no where near as bad as this. At least the Robocop twin pack came out great, as far as I know.

I'd say the MMS238 is just as bad in the softness department, i was never sold on the HS for this even the proto looked a bit weird

Can't flaw their business plan because if they still shift these below par figures then it's all good to them anyways. Still a blow to us that want these types of characters in our collections knowing that we are spending a weeks wages on a figure that is no where near being what is initially advertised. Then we top these figures up adding upgraded custom parts and what not, it's tough this collecting business.

tumblr_mkeh0vB7f21qbtzbno1_500.gif

^

That's the way HT makes us collectors feel these days. :(

Back